TV Card

Lubin

TV Card
Hi I have just upgraded from xp to vista ultimate and I cant watch my
computer on my tv anymore.How do I find out what tv card I have installed and
how do I update it? I am new to this so forgive the stupidity.........
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: TV Card
What make and model of PC is it? Your first stop should probably be the PC
manufacturer's website and once you input what model you have, it should
tell you if there are Vista drivers for your card. In a small number of
cases, you may find the tv tuner is not compatible with Vista and you might
have to purchase a new one.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Lubin" <Lubin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsE04B1FB-AE27-43F3-A79F-69D84EE0FD66@microsoft.com...
> Hi I have just upgraded from xp to vista ultimate and I cant watch my
> computer on my tv anymore.How do I find out what tv card I have installed
> and
> how do I update it? I am new to this so forgive the stupidity.........

Rojo Habe

Re: TV Card
The first place to look is the Device Manager. Click the Start button, type
'device manager' (without the quotes) and press the Enter key. User Account
Control will probably ask you for permission to continue, and you may have
to type your password if you have one. Once you've got past this the Device
Manager should be displayed. Your TV card should be listed in there
somewhere, probably under 'Sound, video and game controllers'. Once you
find it, the manufacturer's name should be displayed. Type this into Google
to find their web site, and search for the latest drivers and/or software
for your card. Once you find it there should (hopefully) be instructions on
how to proceed.