Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

check number of memory cards

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-31-2007
gursaran abott
 

Posts: n/a
check number of memory cards
hi
how can i check how many memory cards are installed in my computer example -
if i have 1gb memory on my computer how can i check if i have two 512mb
installed or just one 1gb installed without messing up with the hardware i
dont want open up my computer and check the hardware. how can i know it from
the OS
please help
thanks
gursaran
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2007
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: check number of memory cards
Opening up the case and looking is the best.
It is usually easy and the case can often be opened without moving the
computer depending on location and computer.

Enter the BIOS.
Usually one of the pages lists the memory in each slot including size
and possibly other details.
Check your manual and/or contact the computer manufacturer for
details.

There are also 3rd party tools you can use to identify the
configuration of the computer.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org


"gursaran abott" <gursaranabott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:93BC777C-E284-4C57-8BD6-73269AA3D363@microsoft.com...
> hi
> how can i check how many memory cards are installed in my computer
> example -
> if i have 1gb memory on my computer how can i check if i have two
> 512mb
> installed or just one 1gb installed without messing up with the
> hardware i
> dont want open up my computer and check the hardware. how can i know
> it from
> the OS
> please help
> thanks
> gursaran


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2007
gursaran abott
 

Posts: n/a
Re: check number of memory cards
hi
can you list me those third party tools
that would be helpful
thanks

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Opening up the case and looking is the best.
> It is usually easy and the case can often be opened without moving the
> computer depending on location and computer.
>
> Enter the BIOS.
> Usually one of the pages lists the memory in each slot including size
> and possibly other details.
> Check your manual and/or contact the computer manufacturer for
> details.
>
> There are also 3rd party tools you can use to identify the
> configuration of the computer.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>
>
> "gursaran abott" <gursaranabott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:93BC777C-E284-4C57-8BD6-73269AA3D363@microsoft.com...
> > hi
> > how can i check how many memory cards are installed in my computer
> > example -
> > if i have 1gb memory on my computer how can i check if i have two
> > 512mb
> > installed or just one 1gb installed without messing up with the
> > hardware i
> > dont want open up my computer and check the hardware. how can i know
> > it from
> > the OS
> > please help
> > thanks
> > gursaran

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2007
Mike Hall - MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: check number of memory cards
www.crucial.com.. run their online scan

--
Mike Hall - MVP
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx
Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm



"gursaran abott" <gursaranabott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:93BC777C-E284-4C57-8BD6-73269AA3D363@microsoft.com...
> hi
> how can i check how many memory cards are installed in my computer
> example -
> if i have 1gb memory on my computer how can i check if i have two 512mb
> installed or just one 1gb installed without messing up with the hardware i
> dont want open up my computer and check the hardware. how can i know it
> from
> the OS
> please help
> thanks
> gursaran


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2007
Dave T.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: check number of memory cards
gursaran abott wrote:
> hi
> how can i check how many memory cards are installed in my computer example -
> if i have 1gb memory on my computer how can i check if i have two 512mb
> installed or just one 1gb installed without messing up with the hardware i
> dont want open up my computer and check the hardware. how can i know it from
> the OS
> please help
> thanks
> gursaran


With an HP running Vista, click on help and support, click on system
info. Everything you want to know is there. I have no way to know if
this is true of the Help files on other OEM's. Good luck.

--
"In my youth I stressed freedom, and in my old age I stress order. I
have made the great
discovery that liberty is a product of order"
Will Durant
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2007
User
 

Posts: n/a
Re: check number of memory cards
Try this app.....
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-16369.html

Just under the heading....
DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS FOR EVEREST HOME EDITION


All the best,
George

"gursaran abott" <gursaranabott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AD5CED9B-145B-4DC4-A68E-CBB245A6AED5@microsoft.com...
> hi
> can you list me those third party tools
> that would be helpful
> thanks
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Opening up the case and looking is the best.
>> It is usually easy and the case can often be opened without moving the
>> computer depending on location and computer.
>>
>> Enter the BIOS.
>> Usually one of the pages lists the memory in each slot including size
>> and possibly other details.
>> Check your manual and/or contact the computer manufacturer for
>> details.
>>
>> There are also 3rd party tools you can use to identify the
>> configuration of the computer.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>
>>
>> "gursaran abott" <gursaranabott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:93BC777C-E284-4C57-8BD6-73269AA3D363@microsoft.com...
>> > hi
>> > how can i check how many memory cards are installed in my computer
>> > example -
>> > if i have 1gb memory on my computer how can i check if i have two
>> > 512mb
>> > installed or just one 1gb installed without messing up with the
>> > hardware i
>> > dont want open up my computer and check the hardware. how can i know
>> > it from
>> > the OS
>> > please help
>> > thanks
>> > gursaran

>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2007
gursaran abott
 

Posts: n/a
Re: check number of memory cards
hi
once i downloaded everest home edition it open in winrar what do from there
to check number of memory cards installed can you help me with that
thanks

"User" wrote:

> Try this app.....
> http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-16369.html
>
> Just under the heading....
> DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS FOR EVEREST HOME EDITION
>
>
> All the best,
> George
>
> "gursaran abott" <gursaranabott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:AD5CED9B-145B-4DC4-A68E-CBB245A6AED5@microsoft.com...
> > hi
> > can you list me those third party tools
> > that would be helpful
> > thanks
> >
> > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Opening up the case and looking is the best.
> >> It is usually easy and the case can often be opened without moving the
> >> computer depending on location and computer.
> >>
> >> Enter the BIOS.
> >> Usually one of the pages lists the memory in each slot including size
> >> and possibly other details.
> >> Check your manual and/or contact the computer manufacturer for
> >> details.
> >>
> >> There are also 3rd party tools you can use to identify the
> >> configuration of the computer.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> >> http://www.dts-l.org
> >>
> >>
> >> "gursaran abott" <gursaranabott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:93BC777C-E284-4C57-8BD6-73269AA3D363@microsoft.com...
> >> > hi
> >> > how can i check how many memory cards are installed in my computer
> >> > example -
> >> > if i have 1gb memory on my computer how can i check if i have two
> >> > 512mb
> >> > installed or just one 1gb installed without messing up with the
> >> > hardware i
> >> > dont want open up my computer and check the hardware. how can i know
> >> > it from
> >> > the OS
> >> > please help
> >> > thanks
> >> > gursaran
> >>
> >>

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2007
User
 

Posts: n/a
Re: check number of memory cards
Hi

It opened in winrar?
Try the second link, it should be a Zip file. To see your memory, start the
program and click the + sign beside Computer to expand it, then click
Overclock. Look for Memory Modules and you should see what you have
installed.

All the best,
George

"gursaran abott" <gursaranabott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:92C35018-8CC2-4A6F-86E8-47576AF96FF0@microsoft.com...
> hi
> once i downloaded everest home edition it open in winrar what do from
> there
> to check number of memory cards installed can you help me with that
> thanks
>
> "User" wrote:
>
>> Try this app.....
>> http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-16369.html
>>
>> Just under the heading....
>> DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS FOR EVEREST HOME EDITION
>>
>>
>> All the best,
>> George
>>
>> "gursaran abott" <gursaranabott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> news:AD5CED9B-145B-4DC4-A68E-CBB245A6AED5@microsoft.com...
>> > hi
>> > can you list me those third party tools
>> > that would be helpful
>> > thanks
>> >
>> > "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Opening up the case and looking is the best.
>> >> It is usually easy and the case can often be opened without moving the
>> >> computer depending on location and computer.
>> >>
>> >> Enter the BIOS.
>> >> Usually one of the pages lists the memory in each slot including size
>> >> and possibly other details.
>> >> Check your manual and/or contact the computer manufacturer for
>> >> details.
>> >>
>> >> There are also 3rd party tools you can use to identify the
>> >> configuration of the computer.
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> >> http://www.dts-l.org
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "gursaran abott" <gursaranabott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> >> message news:93BC777C-E284-4C57-8BD6-73269AA3D363@microsoft.com...
>> >> > hi
>> >> > how can i check how many memory cards are installed in my computer
>> >> > example -
>> >> > if i have 1gb memory on my computer how can i check if i have two
>> >> > 512mb
>> >> > installed or just one 1gb installed without messing up with the
>> >> > hardware i
>> >> > dont want open up my computer and check the hardware. how can i know
>> >> > it from
>> >> > the OS
>> >> > please help
>> >> > thanks
>> >> > gursaran
>> >>
>> >>

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
formatting memory cards in windows vista Phillips microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 08-24-2007 22:18
Wi-Fi memory cards coming to cameras BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 06-11-2007 16:09
Ready Boost with memory cards? Doug microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 4 06-04-2007 14:04
Microsoft, SanDisk to develop advanced memory cards Steve General Technology News 0 05-11-2007 14:39
Vista and memory cards, do they work ? Someone microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 03-11-2007 04:05




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:33.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120