TV Tuner no longer works after update

Tommy

TV Tuner no longer works after update
I have a sager NP9880 that came with the MPC622 tv tuner card, shows up as
Conexant Falcon II card. I have upgraded it to vista ultimate and loved it at
first, everything worked great minus a fix I had to do for the sound, no
biggy.
So the problem I am having now is this. I finally got moved and new internet
up and running again, downloaded all the updates and the tuner card is no
longer detected in media center. Odd. So I did a clean install and did not
download any updates, installed all the drivers I had saved and the tv tuner
worked fine in media center. Did all the required updates, still good to go.
I do the update for media center, and now it can not find tuner card again.
Update did have a driver update for it that was optional and I tried that,
still nothing. This card is listed as being compatible with windows vista,
and obviously it worked. But what changed in the update? Any help would be
greatly appreciated
JW

Re: TV Tuner no longer works after update
Win update driver updates are often months behind current drivers so often
corrupt your driver completely.
Uninstall the driver you got from Win Update and reinstall the one you got
from the vendor.

"Tommy" <Tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a sager NP9880 that came with the MPC622 tv tuner card, shows up as
> Conexant Falcon II card. I have upgraded it to vista ultimate and loved it
> at
> first, everything worked great minus a fix I had to do for the sound, no
> biggy.
> So the problem I am having now is this. I finally got moved and new
> internet
> up and running again, downloaded all the updates and the tuner card is no
> longer detected in media center. Odd. So I did a clean install and did not
> download any updates, installed all the drivers I had saved and the tv
> tuner
> worked fine in media center. Did all the required updates, still good to
> go.
> I do the update for media center, and now it can not find tuner card
> again.
> Update did have a driver update for it that was optional and I tried that,
> still nothing. This card is listed as being compatible with windows vista,
> and obviously it worked. But what changed in the update? Any help would be
> greatly appreciated

Tommy

Re: TV Tuner no longer works after update
Well I tried it again and did not download the driver update at all. With a
fresh install. Before downloading any updates for vista period, the tv tuner
works fine, I can watch live tv and everything else. I do the updates minus
the driver and it is no longer able to detect tuner card. The driver that I
have was put out in 2005, so it is pretty old, but it still works as said
before the updates. Is there an update that is put out that changes the
compatibility with media center? Im going to try and do a fresh install, with
out the card, download all updates, install card and use driver I have and
see if that works. I will let you know how it goes.

"JW" wrote:

> Win update driver updates are often months behind current drivers so often
> corrupt your driver completely.
> Uninstall the driver you got from Win Update and reinstall the one you got
> from the vendor.
>
> "Tommy" <Tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a sager NP9880 that came with the MPC622 tv tuner card, shows up as
> > Conexant Falcon II card. I have upgraded it to vista ultimate and loved it
> > at
> > first, everything worked great minus a fix I had to do for the sound, no
> > biggy.
> > So the problem I am having now is this. I finally got moved and new
> > internet
> > up and running again, downloaded all the updates and the tuner card is no
> > longer detected in media center. Odd. So I did a clean install and did not
> > download any updates, installed all the drivers I had saved and the tv
> > tuner
> > worked fine in media center. Did all the required updates, still good to
> > go.
> > I do the update for media center, and now it can not find tuner card
> > again.
> > Update did have a driver update for it that was optional and I tried that,
> > still nothing. This card is listed as being compatible with windows vista,
> > and obviously it worked. But what changed in the update? Any help would be
> > greatly appreciated

JW

Re: TV Tuner no longer works after update
I don't understand why when it is working fine that you keep updating your
system with stuff that stops it from working properly Apparently you are
not choosing what updates to apply.