wireless keyboard connection problems

cosmiccowboy

wireless keyboard connection problems
I needed a new keyboard so I replaced Labtec with Wireless Comfort Keyboard
1.0a from microsoft with the wireless optical mouse 2.0. It was a set. This
was a week ago. I just purchased on 10-19, an Acer AMD Athlon Aspire cpu.
Started it up, went through set up procedures, then hooked up the wireless
keyboard, thinking the computer would just see it and it would be working.
No. So, I plugged in the wired stuff and then loaded the accompanying
software. Found the corresponding hardware in the program and clicked those
items. It wouldn't make the transition to the wireless.
Tried again. Nothing worked Downloaded latest updates for the keyboard,
mouse, which were 6.2, and still, the computer won't give up the wired
connection for the wireless. Pushed all the buttons to connect the
appropriate mouse and keyboard, but still there is no wireless connection.
The batteries are supposedly good as the light on the mouse is bright red. I
put new batteries in the keyboard and tried reconnecting, but still nothing
works.
--
Cosmiccowboy
Drew

Re: wireless keyboard connection problems
shows you what I know...I always thought that if the light was red there was
a problem and green if there wasn't
"cosmiccowboy" <cosmiccowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I needed a new keyboard so I replaced Labtec with Wireless Comfort Keyboard
> 1.0a from microsoft with the wireless optical mouse 2.0. It was a set.
> This
> was a week ago. I just purchased on 10-19, an Acer AMD Athlon Aspire cpu.
> Started it up, went through set up procedures, then hooked up the wireless
> keyboard, thinking the computer would just see it and it would be working.
> No. So, I plugged in the wired stuff and then loaded the accompanying
> software. Found the corresponding hardware in the program and clicked
> those
> items. It wouldn't make the transition to the wireless.
> Tried again. Nothing worked Downloaded latest updates for the keyboard,
> mouse, which were 6.2, and still, the computer won't give up the wired
> connection for the wireless. Pushed all the buttons to connect the
> appropriate mouse and keyboard, but still there is no wireless connection.
> The batteries are supposedly good as the light on the mouse is bright red.
> put new batteries in the keyboard and tried reconnecting, but still
> nothing
> works.
> --
> Cosmiccowboy

FredP \(Fred\)

Re: wireless keyboard connection problems
You didn't indicate what model Acer Aspire you have, but try going to the
Acer site, select your model, and download and run the 'Wireless Keyboard
and Mouse Connecting Utility'.
http://www.acerpanam.com/flex/acerdr...TOKEN=44935185
--
HTH, Fred