WMDC & 5.0 Still lost!

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnkgTWluZXI=?=

WMDC & 5.0 Still lost!
After a clean install of Vista Ultimate I downloaded the new Windows Mobile
Device Center, but it will not allow me to sync with my HP Ipaq which is
running
Windows Mobile 5.0. I can view my PDA files but not sync up. I even
uninstalled and re-installed making sure my PDA was connected. I get an
error message "Active Sync encountered a problem on the desktop". Support
code was 0x85010014. I can read my PDA and storage card but need to sync my
contacts. Any helpful ideas? I have posted twice but evidently this one is
a little tough. It seems that I am not the only one having sync problems but
no one seems to know where to find an answer and it gets a little frustrating.
Thanks
Larry

Don Leat

Re: WMDC & 5.0 Still lost!
I had this problem until yesterday when I removed the firewall on two
connections that were internal rebooted plugged in my HTC Prophet to charge
and low and behold instead of the sync timing out to an error it synced
properly how its connected to the firewall I don't know but maybe worth a
try

"Larry Miner" <LarryMiner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After a clean install of Vista Ultimate I downloaded the new Windows
> Mobile
> Device Center, but it will not allow me to sync with my HP Ipaq which is
> running
> Windows Mobile 5.0. I can view my PDA files but not sync up. I even
> uninstalled and re-installed making sure my PDA was connected. I get an
> error message "Active Sync encountered a problem on the desktop". Support
> code was 0x85010014. I can read my PDA and storage card but need to sync
> my
> contacts. Any helpful ideas? I have posted twice but evidently this one
> is
> a little tough. It seems that I am not the only one having sync problems
> but
> no one seems to know where to find an answer and it gets a little
> frustrating.
> Thanks
> Larry

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnkgTWluZXI=?=

Re: WMDC & 5.0 Still lost!
Don,
I don't believe that I have any firewall issues but will certainly check out
your suggestion. My sync doesn't time out ...it just won't start! It is
frustrating that there is no info on troubleshooting or means of getting an
answer. I guess that is part of the joy of upgrading. :-(
Thanks
Larry

"Don Leat" wrote:

> I had this problem until yesterday when I removed the firewall on two
> connections that were internal rebooted plugged in my HTC Prophet to charge
> and low and behold instead of the sync timing out to an error it synced
> properly how its connected to the firewall I don't know but maybe worth a
> try
>
> "Larry Miner" <LarryMiner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After a clean install of Vista Ultimate I downloaded the new Windows
> > Mobile
> > Device Center, but it will not allow me to sync with my HP Ipaq which is
> > running
> > Windows Mobile 5.0. I can view my PDA files but not sync up. I even
> > uninstalled and re-installed making sure my PDA was connected. I get an
> > error message "Active Sync encountered a problem on the desktop". Support
> > code was 0x85010014. I can read my PDA and storage card but need to sync
> > my
> > contacts. Any helpful ideas? I have posted twice but evidently this one
> > is
> > a little tough. It seems that I am not the only one having sync problems
> > but
> > no one seems to know where to find an answer and it gets a little
> > frustrating.
> > Thanks
> > Larry

=?Utf-8?B?RmVhcHPCrg==?=

Re: WMDC & 5.0 Still lost!
Hope this helps:

http://www.tabletquestions.com/pocke...ter-vista.html

-Feaps

"Larry Miner" wrote:

> Don,
> I don't believe that I have any firewall issues but will certainly check out
> your suggestion. My sync doesn't time out ...it just won't start! It is
> frustrating that there is no info on troubleshooting or means of getting an
> answer. I guess that is part of the joy of upgrading. :-(
> Thanks
> Larry
>
> "Don Leat" wrote:
>
> > I had this problem until yesterday when I removed the firewall on two
> > connections that were internal rebooted plugged in my HTC Prophet to charge
> > and low and behold instead of the sync timing out to an error it synced
> > properly how its connected to the firewall I don't know but maybe worth a
> > try
> >
> > "Larry Miner" <LarryMiner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > After a clean install of Vista Ultimate I downloaded the new Windows
> > > Mobile
> > > Device Center, but it will not allow me to sync with my HP Ipaq which is
> > > running
> > > Windows Mobile 5.0. I can view my PDA files but not sync up. I even
> > > uninstalled and re-installed making sure my PDA was connected. I get an
> > > error message "Active Sync encountered a problem on the desktop". Support
> > > code was 0x85010014. I can read my PDA and storage card but need to sync
> > > my
> > > contacts. Any helpful ideas? I have posted twice but evidently this one
> > > is
> > > a little tough. It seems that I am not the only one having sync problems
> > > but
> > > no one seems to know where to find an answer and it gets a little
> > > frustrating.
> > > Thanks
> > > Larry

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnkgTWluZXI=?=

Re: WMDC & 5.0 Still lost!
Feaps,
I Really appreciate the post to my problem. It is the first constructive
suggestion yet but unfortunately I was still not able to sync even after
disabling my firewall. Why can I connect and read files but not sync? Isn't
there a WMDC guru out there somewhere?
Thanks
Larry

"Feaps®" wrote:

> Hope this helps:
>
> http://www.tabletquestions.com/pocke...ter-vista.html
>

> -Feaps
>
> "Larry Miner" wrote:
>
> > Don,
> > I don't believe that I have any firewall issues but will certainly check out
> > your suggestion. My sync doesn't time out ...it just won't start! It is
> > frustrating that there is no info on troubleshooting or means of getting an
> > answer. I guess that is part of the joy of upgrading. :-(
> > Thanks
> > Larry
> >
> > "Don Leat" wrote:
> >
> > > I had this problem until yesterday when I removed the firewall on two
> > > connections that were internal rebooted plugged in my HTC Prophet to charge
> > > and low and behold instead of the sync timing out to an error it synced
> > > properly how its connected to the firewall I don't know but maybe worth a
> > > try

=?Utf-8?B?RmVhcHPCrg==?=

Re: WMDC & 5.0 Still lost!
Have you checked both firewalls Live OneCare and Windows Vista's? That was
the trick for me. Even when disabling LiveOne Care there was still Vista
messing things up.

Try adding the ports and such.

Hope it helps.

-Feaps®

"Larry Miner" wrote:

> Feaps,
> I Really appreciate the post to my problem. It is the first constructive
> suggestion yet but unfortunately I was still not able to sync even after
> disabling my firewall. Why can I connect and read files but not sync? Isn't
> there a WMDC guru out there somewhere?
> Thanks
> Larry
>
> "Feaps®" wrote:
>
> > Hope this helps:
> >
> > http://www.tabletquestions.com/pocke...ter-vista.html
> >

> > -Feaps
> >
> > "Larry Miner" wrote:
> >
> > > Don,
> > > I don't believe that I have any firewall issues but will certainly check out
> > > your suggestion. My sync doesn't time out ...it just won't start! It is
> > > frustrating that there is no info on troubleshooting or means of getting an
> > > answer. I guess that is part of the joy of upgrading. :-(
> > > Thanks
> > > Larry

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnkgTWluZXI=?=

Re: WMDC & 5.0 Still lost!
I did not install Live One Care but did disable my Vista firewall. I just
downloaded the optional update for recognizing USB devices but that didn't do
anything either. Maybe I should just load XP Pro back on my second drive. I
have already had to buy another wireless card, video card and scanner...What
an expensive update! I do appreciate your tips and thanks again.
Larry