SATA II HELP/BIOS UPDATING Vista 64

Rev.Krazy

SATA II HELP/BIOS UPDATING Vista 64

Hi everyone first post so hopefully i don't get flamed LOL. Ive searched
every where online for answers but I cant seem to get a clear one so
hopefully you can help.

My Sata II HD is only transfering at 54mb/ps I check in the device
manager and Vista has it as a second gen SATA but when I run the speed
test it says potential 3 g/ps but that it's really pulling 54 mb/ps. So
far I have updated all the drivers for Nvdia, I bought a new cable for
the HD, and re checked bios and still cant get the thing running right.
I read in a post some where to update my bios but I cant do that since
no bios updating program will run in VISTA 64. SO if anyone can help me
with my SATA ? and how can I update my bios. I read how to do it with a
flash drive but I do not have one. any help would lol be helpfully

Thanks in advance

My spec are

MOTHERBOARD
ECS Geforce 6100 Esm

my HD is a Western Digital wdc32000

--
Rev.Krazy
Poppy

Re: SATA II HELP/BIOS UPDATING Vista 64
Many SATA drives have a jumper near the data connector. For SATA2 (faster)
the jumper must be removed. The default from the factory is usually jumper
ON = SATA1 (slow) for backward compatibility. All new mobos support SATA2
(check mobo manual or web). Thus worth a look at the drive to begin with,
then look for other causes.

Regarding updating the BIOS. My advice is to NEVER do so from within the OS
(Vista, XP, Linux or other). Google "Update BIOS" or read the mobo manual
for more reliable ways to do it, eg, using BIOS itself to read update file
off floppy or USB stick. But a supposedly "old" BIOS (ie, not the latest for
your mobo) is most unlikely to be causing your slow HDD problem. Unless it's
truly essential (read revision history on mob web site for reasons for BIOS
revisions), don't play with flashing the BIOS. The risk of rendering your
mobo useless is a high price to pay if it does not succeed.

Poppy