Installing Nokia Phone

Peter

Installing Nokia Phone
I am trying to install the drivers for my Nokia phone so that I can use Nokia
PC Suite. The drivers have installed however it appears that the Vista
drivers and the Nokia drivers are conflicting. The error message 'The name
is already in use as either a service name or a service display name' appears
in 'General' in the 'Properties' of the device. Please advise how I avoid
this conflict.
Many thanks
phypps

Installing Nokia Phone
I had a lot of trouble with Nokia PC suite.
It was very erratic with lots of BSODs.
In the end I just deleted it and used vista and bluetooth which actually
works very well.
I can access everything on the phone apart from contacts with the built in
bluetooth services.
(thats just fine by me but it might matter to you if you need to
synchronise)
A word of warning though.
Nokia PC suite (under Vista) installs LOTS of services (probably a cause of
your troubles)
Go through "uninstall programs" very thoroughly as they are dotted
everywhere.
Fortunately (for me) I was able to uninstall the whole lot AND system
restore as well which cleared out all the offending services and cleaned my
system.
I've not got an axe to grind over Nokia PC suite (I use it on XP office
machines), but its too flaky for Vista.
I have to admit that Vista handles most devices quite well on its own
without the need for proprietary programs (that often just screw thing up
anyway)
I have cameras, phones, MP3/video players, etc and every single one just
plugs in and works (please don't shout at me for liking Vista !)

Phypps

>I am trying to install the drivers for my Nokia phone so that I can use
>Nokia
> PC Suite. The drivers have installed however it appears that the Vista
> drivers and the Nokia drivers are conflicting. The error message 'The
> name
> is already in use as either a service name or a service display name'
> appears
> in 'General' in the 'Properties' of the device. Please advise how I avoid
> this conflict.
> Many thanks

Peter

RE: Installing Nokia Phone
Thank you. I'll try uninstalling the Nokia programmes and using the
proprietary programs.

"phypps" wrote:

> I had a lot of trouble with Nokia PC suite.
> It was very erratic with lots of BSODs.
> In the end I just deleted it and used vista and bluetooth which actually
> works very well.
> I can access everything on the phone apart from contacts with the built in
> bluetooth services.
> (thats just fine by me but it might matter to you if you need to
> synchronise)
> A word of warning though.
> Nokia PC suite (under Vista) installs LOTS of services (probably a cause of
> your troubles)
> Go through "uninstall programs" very thoroughly as they are dotted
> everywhere.
> Fortunately (for me) I was able to uninstall the whole lot AND system
> restore as well which cleared out all the offending services and cleaned my
> system.
> I've not got an axe to grind over Nokia PC suite (I use it on XP office
> machines), but its too flaky for Vista.
> I have to admit that Vista handles most devices quite well on its own
> without the need for proprietary programs (that often just screw thing up
> anyway)
> I have cameras, phones, MP3/video players, etc and every single one just
> plugs in and works (please don't shout at me for liking Vista !)
>

> Phypps
>

> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to install the drivers for my Nokia phone so that I can use
> >Nokia
> > PC Suite. The drivers have installed however it appears that the Vista
> > drivers and the Nokia drivers are conflicting. The error message 'The
> > name
> > is already in use as either a service name or a service display name'
> > appears
> > in 'General' in the 'Properties' of the device. Please advise how I avoid
> > this conflict.
> > Many thanks

milneanita

RE: Installing Nokia Phone
Having same problem with my Nokia 6288, how do I use the vista and bluetooth
method. Give my Windows XP anyday.