Vista DVD Driver problem

Leareth

Vista DVD Driver problem

I can't run any CDs of any kind in in my LightScribe DVD SuperMulti
Drive/CD writer. Which is weird cause I was just listening to an audio
CD yesterday. It says in the device manager that the device cannot
start(code 10)

Details:
HP Pavilion a6152n PC
Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600
Windows Vista Home Premium
3072MB system Memory
400GB hard drive
Device Driver: ATAPI DVD A DH16A1L ATA Device

Possible reasons for problem:
1: getting the hpOfficejet 4110 all-in-one printer, fax, scanner,
copier, to work on vista.
2: installing the PCSX2 emulator(which did not work)

I do know a little bit about drivers, I've had some problems, but
I'm not that good. Please presume I don't know anything when you post,
it'll make it easier for me to understand.

--
Leareth
Leareth's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32719

http://forums.techarena.in

Cal Bear '66

Re: Vista DVD Driver problem
Try this:

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Leareth" <Leareth.2y9jbf@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I can't run any CDs of any kind in in my LightScribe DVD SuperMulti
> Drive/CD writer. Which is weird cause I was just listening to an audio
> CD yesterday. It says in the device manager that the device cannot
> start(code 10)
>
> Details:
> HP Pavilion a6152n PC
> Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600
> Windows Vista Home Premium
> 3072MB system Memory
> 400GB hard drive
> Device Driver: ATAPI DVD A DH16A1L ATA Device
>
> Possible reasons for problem:
> 1: getting the hpOfficejet 4110 all-in-one printer, fax, scanner,
> copier, to work on vista.
> 2: installing the PCSX2 emulator(which did not work)
>
> I do know a little bit about drivers, I've had some problems, but
> I'm not that good. Please presume I don't know anything when you post,
> it'll make it easier for me to understand.
>

> --
> Leareth
> Leareth's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32719
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=831909
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

golden bird

Vista DVD drive cannot close sections after writting
My DVD/CD RW drive cannot work well with Vista, it can burn a disc, but it
cannot close sections or finalize the disc. So, the disc can only be read on
my computer, not be read on others. It seems to me that after burnning a DVD,
once you click on Eject, Vista cannot close the section! It is a software
problem for sure!

Thanks in advance for any kind help.
Leareth

Re: Vista DVD Driver problem

*laughs* It turns out that I saw that before, but I thought it was for a
different one so I didn't use, guess that'll teach me eh? Thank you for
your help, I'm so happy to be able to use my disks again.