Microphone Sound

WhiTeSnaK

Microphone Sound
I have Vista Ultimate. I cannot get the MIC to work. I go thru the Creative
SB X-Fi program on the Taskbar, go thru the procedure. but nothing works.
Anyone got any ideas?
ThanksWS

motarola2

Re: Microphone Sound

dont use the front panel jacks, use the one on the back.
try reinstalling the audio driver
have you checked if the MIC is muted ?

--
motarola2
Byohazrd

RE: Microphone Sound
I have the same issue.

The setup is Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit loaded on an Asus P5N32-E SLI
PLUS mainboard with a Creative Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer sound card
recieving from a Logitech headset.
I have checked and double checked the following: mute button, correct ports,
line volume, internal volume, record device priority, headset input jack
integrity, and other headsets. Everything in the "duh" catagory checks out.
This card and headset have worked in numerous set-ups I have used in the
past, including Windows XP and XP-64. I have tried numerous driver
re-download/reinstalls and two OS reinstalls. Nothing seems to work.

I've noticed quite a few others who have this exact issue but differing
hardware less the sound card and OS. Therein lies the souce of my problem.
Any help, if possible, would be much appreciated.

"WhiTeSnaK" wrote:

> I have Vista Ultimate. I cannot get the MIC to work. I go thru the Creative
> SB X-Fi program on the Taskbar, go thru the procedure. but nothing works.
> Anyone got any ideas?
> ThanksWS

Paul

RE: Microphone Sound

"Byohazrd" wrote:

> I have the same issue.
>
> The setup is Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit loaded on an Asus P5N32-E SLI
> PLUS mainboard with a Creative Sound Blaster Xtreme Gamer sound card
> recieving from a Logitech headset.
> I have checked and double checked the following: mute button, correct ports,
> line volume, internal volume, record device priority, headset input jack
> integrity, and other headsets. Everything in the "duh" catagory checks out.
> This card and headset have worked in numerous set-ups I have used in the
> past, including Windows XP and XP-64. I have tried numerous driver
> re-download/reinstalls and two OS reinstalls. Nothing seems to work.
>
> I've noticed quite a few others who have this exact issue but differing
> hardware less the sound card and OS. Therein lies the souce of my problem.
> Any help, if possible, would be much appreciated.
>
> "WhiTeSnaK" wrote:
>
> > I have Vista Ultimate. I cannot get the MIC to work. I go thru the Creative
> > SB X-Fi program on the Taskbar, go thru the procedure. but nothing works.
> > Anyone got any ideas?
> > ThanksWS

You need to change the sound quality option in control panel from the
default (dvd quality) to a lower one say telephone quality and HEY PRESTO mic
fixed

fgouvrit is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Microphone Sound
hi.
same issue, but in windows 7 (64bits) .
I've read around that changing the sound quality fixes the problem in vista (64) and in W7 (64), but...
any ideas about what to do if I don't have lower quality options. my list starts with CD as lower option.
thx
R. C. White

Re: Microphone Sound
Hi, fgouvrit.

You posted your question on the Vistaheads "forum". All Vistaheads did was
forward your bare-naked post - with no context - to the Usenet newsgroup on
the Microsoft public news server - where it is being read by me and millions
of readers around the world. But since Vistaheads did not bother to send
any context, we have no idea what "same issue" you're asking about.

Why not "cut out the middleman" and post your question - with some details -
directly to:

Someone here can probably help you, but we get frustrated with messages
being inconsistently and undependably relayed back and forth between
"forums" such as Vistaheads and this newsgroup here on the Microsoft server,
which is free and does not require you to log on.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX