Sansa E200 series MP3 players and Vista Home Premium.

=?Utf-8?B?bHJ2bWFu?=

Sansa E200 series MP3 players and Vista Home Premium.
Cannot get my Sansa E270 to be recognized by Vista. It asks for drivers for
it, and there are NO drivers for it anywhere for ANY OS, even though it
worked fine in XP. I cannot get it to be loaded as a removable drive, when
the USB mode is set for that.
=?Utf-8?B?amltX2Zyb21faWw=?=

RE: Sansa E200 series MP3 players and Vista Home Premium.
I have the same problem with my Sansa 250MB (e250 or e230?). I haven't tried
this yet, but I read somewhere else, that you need to "point" to c:\windows
(assuming you still have XP installed), to load the drivers. Anyone else:
please post your success stories. I can't believe you can't use these under
Vista. I'm on RC-1, and I thought it was for that reason.

"lrvman" wrote:

> Cannot get my Sansa E270 to be recognized by Vista. It asks for drivers for
> it, and there are NO drivers for it anywhere for ANY OS, even though it
> worked fine in XP. I cannot get it to be loaded as a removable drive, when
> the USB mode is set for that.

=?Utf-8?B?bHJ2bWFu?=

RE: Sansa E200 series MP3 players and Vista Home Premium.
I've contacted Sandisk customer support on this issue, and I'm just getting
lame scripted answers, which do not address the issue. I'm going to try the
"pointing" to C:\Windows when I get home to my machine, I'm using a Linux box
here at work, so I cannot test the fix here. Note....NEVER contact SanDisk if
you want an intelligent answer...bah!

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=

RE: Sansa E200 series MP3 players and Vista Home Premium.
Hi. I have had the same problem the last 3 weeks. I have Compaq laptop pre
loaded with Vista and couldnt get it to recognize my device. SanDisk was
giving me all kinds of things to do. They finally told me to try my USB port
on the back of my PC. I didnt have one on the back but I had 2 on one side
and 1 on the other. I tried the bottom port on the left and worked
perfectly. Cant believe it was that simple and wasted 3 weeks trying to
figure it out.

So, try other ports on your PC or laptop to see if that works.

"lrvman" wrote:

> Cannot get my Sansa E270 to be recognized by Vista. It asks for drivers for
> it, and there are NO drivers for it anywhere for ANY OS, even though it
> worked fine in XP. I cannot get it to be loaded as a removable drive, when
> the USB mode is set for that.

Ron K.

RE: Sansa E200 series MP3 players and Vista Home Premium.
I think you need to Install Rhapsody software then follow all the prompts
should set up the drivers for you.

"lrvman" wrote:

> Cannot get my Sansa E270 to be recognized by Vista. It asks for drivers for
> it, and there are NO drivers for it anywhere for ANY OS, even though it
> worked fine in XP. I cannot get it to be loaded as a removable drive, when
> the USB mode is set for that.

icoczar

RE: Sansa E200 series MP3 players and Vista Home Premium.
You need not install Rhapsody. I have a Compaq desktop. Under XP it (E260)
worked in front USB port. But in Vista it did not. Moved it to the back port
and it works fine. Same as what another person posted earlier.