Ati All in Wonder cards

=?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gSg==?=

Ati All in Wonder cards
thousands of people bought all in wonder cards and expected them to work in
vista.
Ati tech support says this is microsofts fault. We want our expensive
harware to work asap!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Ati All in Wonder cards
ATI have Vista drivers for a variety of cards.. is your card listed among
the drivers available?

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

JW

Re: Ati All in Wonder cards
The ATI Website does have drivers for the graphics part of the AIW cards and
it also states that they have no Vista drivers for the tuners on the cards
at this time. Hopefully after they finish the developement of their
graphics card drivers for Vista they will develop support for the AIW card
tuners so that users can at least run the ATI MMI application on Vista.
"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
> ATI have Vista drivers for a variety of cards.. is your card listed among
> the drivers available?
>

> "Brian J" <BrianJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> thousands of people bought all in wonder cards and expected them to work
>> in
>> vista.
>> Ati tech support says this is microsofts fault. We want our expensive
>> harware to work asap!
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

> --
>

> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Ati All in Wonder cards
An misleading site then.. I clicked on TV Tuners for the 550 and gotten
this..

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/v...0-vista32.html

"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> The ATI Website does have drivers for the graphics part of the AIW cards
> and it also states that they have no Vista drivers for the tuners on the
> cards at this time. Hopefully after they finish the developement of their
> graphics card drivers for Vista they will develop support for the AIW card
> tuners so that users can at least run the ATI MMI application on Vista.
> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:%23zoY6bEXHHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> ATI have Vista drivers for a variety of cards.. is your card listed among
>> the drivers available?
>>

>> "Brian J" <BrianJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> thousands of people bought all in wonder cards and expected them to work
>>> in
>>> vista.
>>> Ati tech support says this is microsofts fault. We want our expensive
>>> harware to work asap!
>>>
>>> ----------------
>>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>>> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>>> "I
>>> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>>> this
>>> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>>> then
>>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>>
>>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

>> --
>>

>> Mike Hall
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Art

Re: Ati All in Wonder cards
For the record thats not the card he's talking about.

I have used this with success for captures other features etc...

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1334691881

YMMV. HTH.

Art

> An misleading site then.. I clicked on TV Tuners for the 550 and gotten
> this..
>
> http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/v...0-vista32.html
>

> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>> The ATI Website does have drivers for the graphics part of the AIW cards
>> and it also states that they have no Vista drivers for the tuners on the
>> cards at this time. Hopefully after they finish the developement of
>> their graphics card drivers for Vista they will develop support for the
>> AIW card tuners so that users can at least run the ATI MMI application on
>> Vista.
>> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in
>> message news:%23zoY6bEXHHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> ATI have Vista drivers for a variety of cards.. is your card listed
>>> among the drivers available?
>>>

>>> "Brian J" <BrianJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

<snip sig and disclaimer for brevity>

JW

Re: Ati All in Wonder cards
I don't consider the following misleading for an All In Wonder ATI card:

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/v...n-vista32.html

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
> An misleading site then.. I clicked on TV Tuners for the 550 and gotten
> this..
>
> http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/v...0-vista32.html
>

> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>> The ATI Website does have drivers for the graphics part of the AIW cards
>> and it also states that they have no Vista drivers for the tuners on the
>> cards at this time. Hopefully after they finish the developement of
>> their graphics card drivers for Vista they will develop support for the
>> AIW card tuners so that users can at least run the ATI MMI application on
>> Vista.
>> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in
>> message news:%23zoY6bEXHHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> ATI have Vista drivers for a variety of cards.. is your card listed
>>> among the drivers available?
>>>

>>> "Brian J" <BrianJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> --
>>>

>>> Mike Hall
>>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
>>>

> --
>

> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Ati All in Wonder cards
I was kidding a little.. I looked at the ATI site, and there are graphics
and TV Tuner drivers available.. maybe not for every single ATI All In
Wonder card ever, but certainly some.. I just picked out one of them as I
don't see any mention of a specific card in the OP.. One has to 'wonder' if
the OP checked it out recently?

>I don't consider the following misleading for an All In Wonder ATI card:
>
> http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/v...n-vista32.html
>

> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:O8Q9bTFXHHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> An misleading site then.. I clicked on TV Tuners for the 550 and gotten
>> this..
>>
>> http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/v...0-vista32.html
>>

>> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>>> The ATI Website does have drivers for the graphics part of the AIW cards
>>> and it also states that they have no Vista drivers for the tuners on the
>>> cards at this time. Hopefully after they finish the developement of
>>> their graphics card drivers for Vista they will develop support for the
>>> AIW card tuners so that users can at least run the ATI MMI application
>>> on Vista.
>>> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in
>>> message news:%23zoY6bEXHHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

>> --
>>

>> Mike Hall
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Tom Lake

Re: Ati All in Wonder cards

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
> An misleading site then.. I clicked on TV Tuners for the 550 and gotten
> this..

The other posters are talking about All-In-Wonder cards, not dedicated tuner
cards.
Yes, ATI has Vista drivers for their 550 but no, they don't have drivers for
the AIW series.

Tom Lake

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Ati All in Wonder cards
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. and there was I hoping that ATI were doing a better job
than nVidia..

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

BSchnur

Re: Ati All in Wonder cards
> Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. and there was I hoping that ATI were doing a better job
> than nVidia..

The difference for now is that ATI basically focused on new sales with
their drivers (sort of like other companies out there in the software
world...). Meaning the AIW cards are old sales, just like Radeon
9200/9250 are old sales. Sadly, the 9200/9250 cards are still being
sold -- they work in Vista with generic support.

My sense is that nVidia may be more inclusive in their driver
development and that this might be slowing up their releases.

--
Barry Schnur