Acronis Disk Director Suite - Heads Up!!!

Richard Urban

Acronis Disk Director Suite - Heads Up!!!
An update is now available, version 10.0.2160 (as of today) that provides
Vista compatibility.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

Dave B.

Re: Acronis Disk Director Suite - Heads Up!!!
I haven't had any Vista problems with the previous 2 version 10 builds.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
> An update is now available, version 10.0.2160 (as of today) that provides
> Vista compatibility.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:

Richard Urban

Re: Acronis Disk Director Suite - Heads Up!!!
Many did, as shown by the Acronis help groups

--

"Dave B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
>I haven't had any Vista problems with the previous 2 version 10 builds.
>
> --
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
>> An update is now available, version 10.0.2160 (as of today) that provides
>> Vista compatibility.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:

Dave B.

Re: Acronis Disk Director Suite - Heads Up!!!
Nice to know they're working on fixes, even if I haven't had an issue yet.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
> Many did, as shown by the Acronis help groups
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>
> "Dave B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
>>I haven't had any Vista problems with the previous 2 version 10 builds.
>>
>> --
>> ----
>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>> http://www.db-pc.com
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> An update is now available, version 10.0.2160 (as of today) that
>>> provides Vista compatibility.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
>>>
>>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>> If you knew as much as you think you know,
>>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!

John Monahan

Re: Acronis Disk Director Suite - Heads Up!!!
I downloaded and installed this software last week. It says build 2160. I
assume I am already up to date Right?

Must say this is an excellent piece of software. Having a simple bootable CD
like that to restore the whole system from almost any location is fantastic.
Beats me why Vista cannot have something like this. What is wrong with those
that plan software improvements there?

> Nice to know they're working on fixes, even if I haven't had an issue yet.
>
> --
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
>> Many did, as shown by the Acronis help groups
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>
>> "Dave B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
>>>I haven't had any Vista problems with the previous 2 version 10 builds.
>>>
>>> --
>>> ----
>>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>> http://www.db-pc.com
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave B.

Re: Acronis Disk Director Suite - Heads Up!!!
2160 is the current build, and Vista does "have something like this", Take a
look at the backup status and configuration link in the start menu.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
"John Monahan" <monahan@vitasoft.org> wrote in message
>I downloaded and installed this software last week. It says build 2160. I
>assume I am already up to date Right?
>
> Must say this is an excellent piece of software. Having a simple bootable
> CD like that to restore the whole system from almost any location is
> fantastic. Beats me why Vista cannot have something like this. What is
> wrong with those that plan software improvements there?

NoStop

Richard Urban wrote:

> An update is now available, version 10.0.2160 (as of today) that provides
> Vista compatibility.

And how much does it cost to get the update? Sad that everytime MickeyMouse
updates it's "operating system", users are forced to spend more money
on "updates". Oh well, I guess that's the way of for-profit software. Thank
God for Open Source!

Cheers.

--
The "Wow" starts now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyLqUf4cdwc&eurl=

=?Utf-8?B?U0xvd2VDU0w=?=

Re: Acronis Disk Director Suite - Heads Up!!!
The problem I had was that the base build would not install on Vista, as it
considered it un unsupported OS. I was able to use it by installing in on a
WinXP system and then create the boot CD, then I could use the boot CD with
Vista.

--
An Engineer asks "How does it work"
A Scientists asks "Why does it work?"

"Dave B." wrote:

> Nice to know they're working on fixes, even if I haven't had an issue yet.
>
> --
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
> > Many did, as shown by the Acronis help groups
> >
> > --
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Richard Urban
> > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
> > (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
> >
> > Quote from George Ankner:
> > If you knew as much as you think you know,
> > You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
> >
> > "Dave B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
> >>I haven't had any Vista problems with the previous 2 version 10 builds.
> >>
> >> --
> >> ----
> >> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
> >> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> >> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >> http://www.db-pc.com
> >> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=?Utf-8?B?U0xvd2VDU0w=?=

RE: Acronis Disk Director Suite - Heads Up!!!
Have you been able to download it? It keeps telling me that the file is not
found ontheir site.
--

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> An update is now available, version 10.0.2160 (as of today) that provides
> Vista compatibility.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:

Ron Miller

Dave B. wrote:
> 2160 is the current build, and Vista does "have something like this", Take a
> look at the backup status and configuration link in the start menu.

It's not available in all versions of Vista, is it?

Disk imaging does happen to be available in my version, but I dual boot.
XP is installed on a FAT32 drive, and that format is incompatible with
Vista's imaging program. It therefore does nothing whatsoever for me,
and I'm forced to continue paying for True Image or Ghost. In addition,
I don't think that Vista's imaging applet allows restoration of
individual files. I'm quite sure that it doesn't provide for
incremental or differential backups.

So, Vista has "something like this," but it's only "something" like the
Acronis product, not nearly robust enough to replace it for most of us
who utilize imaging applications for backup and recovery. Considering
the prices MS is charging for Vista, I'd not call it a freebie, so I was
disappointed in it.