Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

poor rating on graphics on vista business/ loss of ram on video

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
=?Utf-8?B?bm9vYjJ2aXN0YQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
poor rating on graphics on vista business/ loss of ram on video
i got a 3.0, but i cant seem know why becuase i got a 256mb Geforce 6150 LE
onbroad video card, before installing vista. However , just today i seen my
video was showing me i have 64mb on system information and have no clue why??


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
pvdg42
 

Posts: n/a
Re: poor rating on graphics on vista business/ loss of ram on video

"noob2vista" <noob2vista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FD427AC6-C95D-4BC3-B8F6-977E7F8BF0A0@microsoft.com...
>i got a 3.0, but i cant seem know why becuase i got a 256mb Geforce 6150 LE
> onbroad video card, before installing vista. However , just today i seen
> my
> video was showing me i have 64mb on system information and have no clue
> why??
>
>

Are you sure the 6150 LE has 256 meg dedicated memory?
From what I'm able to find by Googling, the 6150 LE is a low end graphics
solution employed by HP and others that "shares" system memory as part of
it's memory capacity. I'm guessing your 6150 LE has 64 meg dedicated memory
and "shares" up to 192 meg of your system memory as needed. That would also
explain your low graphics performance score.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
JW
 

Posts: n/a
Re: poor rating on graphics on vista business/ loss of ram on video
Your card is probably a shared memory card that has only 64MB onboard and
gets the rest from main moemory.
I would think a 3.0 was about right for a 6150LE what value were you
expecting?

"noob2vista" <noob2vista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FD427AC6-C95D-4BC3-B8F6-977E7F8BF0A0@microsoft.com...
>i got a 3.0, but i cant seem know why becuase i got a 256mb Geforce 6150 LE
> onbroad video card, before installing vista. However , just today i seen
> my
> video was showing me i have 64mb on system information and have no clue
> why??
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
=?Utf-8?B?bm9vYjJ2aXN0YQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: poor rating on graphics on vista business/ loss of ram on vide
time for me get a new graphics card then

i was expecting 256

"JW" wrote:

> Your card is probably a shared memory card that has only 64MB onboard and
> gets the rest from main moemory.
> I would think a 3.0 was about right for a 6150LE what value were you
> expecting?
>
> "noob2vista" <noob2vista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:FD427AC6-C95D-4BC3-B8F6-977E7F8BF0A0@microsoft.com...
> >i got a 3.0, but i cant seem know why becuase i got a 256mb Geforce 6150 LE
> > onbroad video card, before installing vista. However , just today i seen
> > my
> > video was showing me i have 64mb on system information and have no clue
> > why??
> >
> >

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
JW
 

Posts: n/a
Re: poor rating on graphics on vista business/ loss of ram on vide
Then I suggest a 7600GS with an effective memory speed of 700Mhz or a 7600GT
card.
"noob2vista" <noob2vista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9DD0A681-CBD0-4D1D-AA86-BAE445BB9E00@microsoft.com...
> time for me get a new graphics card then
>
> i was expecting 256
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> Your card is probably a shared memory card that has only 64MB onboard and
>> gets the rest from main moemory.
>> I would think a 3.0 was about right for a 6150LE what value were you
>> expecting?
>>
>> "noob2vista" <noob2vista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:FD427AC6-C95D-4BC3-B8F6-977E7F8BF0A0@microsoft.com...
>> >i got a 3.0, but i cant seem know why becuase i got a 256mb Geforce 6150
>> >LE
>> > onbroad video card, before installing vista. However , just today i
>> > seen
>> > my
>> > video was showing me i have 64mb on system information and have no clue
>> > why??
>> >
>> >

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
Bill
 

Posts: n/a
Re: poor rating on graphics on vista business/ loss of ram on video
I think that you set the size of the video from the bios. Enter setup by
pressing the delete, f1, f2 or f10 key...Check your manual and then look
for the shared memory...You may be able to raise it to 256megs from your
system memory.




On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 07:22:12 -0600, pvdg42 wrote:

>
> "noob2vista" <noob2vista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:FD427AC6-C95D-4BC3-B8F6-977E7F8BF0A0@microsoft.com...
>>i got a 3.0, but i cant seem know why becuase i got a 256mb Geforce 6150 LE
>> onbroad video card, before installing vista. However , just today i seen
>> my
>> video was showing me i have 64mb on system information and have no clue
>> why??
>>
>>

> Are you sure the 6150 LE has 256 meg dedicated memory?
> From what I'm able to find by Googling, the 6150 LE is a low end graphics
> solution employed by HP and others that "shares" system memory as part of
> it's memory capacity. I'm guessing your 6150 LE has 64 meg dedicated memory
> and "shares" up to 192 meg of your system memory as needed. That would also
> explain your low graphics performance score.



----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista: poor error handling, confusing UI - Tell me I'm wrong Rick microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 9 03-01-2007 03:00
video card experience rating =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmll?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 2 02-24-2007 20:41
Ballmer blames pirates for poor Vista sales johnm microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 02-20-2007 19:00
Server Connectivity Loss in Windows Vista =?Utf-8?B?ZmlyZXBsdWcx?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 02-16-2007 16:00
ATI x1950 Pro video card gets 1.0 Vista graphics score =?Utf-8?B?QXZpIFN0b2thcg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 02-04-2007 04:02




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:09.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120