trouble with Live!Cam Vitsa IM

Ike

trouble with Live!Cam Vitsa IM
Hello everbody,

I just bought the Live!Cam Vitsa IM and its very nice and all.
The webcam it self worked right away, however.

The microphone that came with it doesnt work at all...
And i dont understand, i plugged it in the right spot ;p

And i'm fairly sure it isnt on mute... any idea what i am doing wrong?

Thanks alot

Ike
Cal Bear '66

Re: trouble with Live!Cam Vitsa IM
Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
select Recording Devices. In an empty area of the Recording window, right click
and check both "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
Highlight your web cam microphone and press the Set Default button. Use the
Configure and Properties buttons to set up your microphone.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Ike" <Ike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everbody,
>
> I just bought the Live!Cam Vitsa IM and its very nice and all.
> The webcam it self worked right away, however.
>
> The microphone that came with it doesnt work at all...
> And i dont understand, i plugged it in the right spot ;p
>
> And i'm fairly sure it isnt on mute... any idea what i am doing wrong?
>
> Thanks alot
>
> Ike

Ike

Re: trouble with Live!Cam Vitsa IM
Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply!
sadly i didnt got it to work, when i did what u told me to do it only show's 1
Mircrophone /ine, from SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC.
That is alrdy on Default
And doesnt even show my webcam micrphone
Even though i installed the webcam with a cd

Sorry to being annoying but i really would like this to get working.
Also a strange thing is, when i test to see if my mic works on msn.
When i plug it in, it give;s me 1 green spike and then it go's death?

I was wondering if it was possible that when they build my laptop they
forgot to plug in a wire or something, people told me thats not very uncommen

Anyhow thanks again!

Ike

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
> select Recording Devices. In an empty area of the Recording window, right click
> and check both "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
> Highlight your web cam microphone and press the Set Default button. Use the
> Configure and Properties buttons to set up your microphone.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Ike" <Ike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello everbody,
> >
> > I just bought the Live!Cam Vitsa IM and its very nice and all.
> > The webcam it self worked right away, however.
> >
> > The microphone that came with it doesnt work at all...
> > And i dont understand, i plugged it in the right spot ;p
> >
> > And i'm fairly sure it isnt on mute... any idea what i am doing wrong?
> >
> > Thanks alot
> >
> > Ike

Cal Bear '66

Re: trouble with Live!Cam Vitsa IM
Are you sure you have the latest Vista drivers for the web cam?

Is this a Microsoft web cam?

Your CD drivers may be outdated. If it is a Microsoft web cam, UNINSTALL the old
drivers and go here for the latest drivers:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/di...s/default.mspx

--

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your fast reply!
> sadly i didnt got it to work, when i did what u told me to do it only show's 1
> Mircrophone /ine, from SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC.
> That is alrdy on Default
> And doesnt even show my webcam micrphone
> Even though i installed the webcam with a cd
>
> Sorry to being annoying but i really would like this to get working.
> Also a strange thing is, when i test to see if my mic works on msn.
> When i plug it in, it give;s me 1 green spike and then it go's death?
>
> I was wondering if it was possible that when they build my laptop they
> forgot to plug in a wire or something, people told me thats not very uncommen
>
> Anyhow thanks again!
>
> Ike
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
>> select Recording Devices. In an empty area of the Recording window, right
>> click
>> and check both "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
>> Highlight your web cam microphone and press the Set Default button. Use the
>> Configure and Properties buttons to set up your microphone.
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Ike" <Ike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello everbody,
>> >
>> > I just bought the Live!Cam Vitsa IM and its very nice and all.
>> > The webcam it self worked right away, however.
>> >
>> > The microphone that came with it doesnt work at all...
>> > And i dont understand, i plugged it in the right spot ;p
>> >
>> > And i'm fairly sure it isnt on mute... any idea what i am doing wrong?
>> >
>> > Thanks alot
>> >
>> > Ike

Cal Bear '66

Re: trouble with Live!Cam Vitsa IM
Wait a minute...Is this a laptop with a built in webcam?

Then you would need to download and install Vista drivers from the laptop
manufacturer.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Ike" <Ike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your fast reply!
> sadly i didnt got it to work, when i did what u told me to do it only show's 1
> Mircrophone /ine, from SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC.
> That is alrdy on Default
> And doesnt even show my webcam micrphone
> Even though i installed the webcam with a cd
>
> Sorry to being annoying but i really would like this to get working.
> Also a strange thing is, when i test to see if my mic works on msn.
> When i plug it in, it give;s me 1 green spike and then it go's death?
>
> I was wondering if it was possible that when they build my laptop they
> forgot to plug in a wire or something, people told me thats not very uncommen
>
> Anyhow thanks again!
>
> Ike
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
>> select Recording Devices. In an empty area of the Recording window, right
>> click
>> and check both "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
>> Highlight your web cam microphone and press the Set Default button. Use the
>> Configure and Properties buttons to set up your microphone.
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Ike" <Ike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello everbody,
>> >
>> > I just bought the Live!Cam Vitsa IM and its very nice and all.
>> > The webcam it self worked right away, however.
>> >
>> > The microphone that came with it doesnt work at all...
>> > And i dont understand, i plugged it in the right spot ;p
>> >
>> > And i'm fairly sure it isnt on mute... any idea what i am doing wrong?
>> >
>> > Thanks alot
>> >
>> > Ike

Ike

Re: trouble with Live!Cam Vitsa IM
heya again,

Nono i bought the laptop and the webcam apart
THe webcam is from Creative ( but it is made for Windows Vista )and the
drivers are up to date.

I just notice something on msn though.

U you know where u can set up your micophone, where u see this bar ( gets
green if u talk ) well for me it just get a tiny bit green, so not sure why
that is.

I think some how the volume of my mic is really low and i need to boost it (
thats what i think, ) i just have no idea how ;p

Ike

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Wait a minute...Is this a laptop with a built in webcam?
>
> Then you would need to download and install Vista drivers from the laptop
> manufacturer.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Ike" <Ike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for your fast reply!
> > sadly i didnt got it to work, when i did what u told me to do it only show's 1
> > Mircrophone /ine, from SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC.
> > That is alrdy on Default
> > And doesnt even show my webcam micrphone
> > Even though i installed the webcam with a cd
> >
> > Sorry to being annoying but i really would like this to get working.
> > Also a strange thing is, when i test to see if my mic works on msn.
> > When i plug it in, it give;s me 1 green spike and then it go's death?
> >
> > I was wondering if it was possible that when they build my laptop they
> > forgot to plug in a wire or something, people told me thats not very uncommen
> >
> > Anyhow thanks again!
> >
> > Ike
> >
> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
> >> select Recording Devices. In an empty area of the Recording window, right
> >> click
> >> and check both "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
> >> Highlight your web cam microphone and press the Set Default button. Use the
> >> Configure and Properties buttons to set up your microphone.
> >>
> >> --
> >> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> >> GO BEARS!

Cal Bear '66

Re: trouble with Live!Cam Vitsa IM
I would still check the Creative site to confirm you have the latest drivers:

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

In the Recording Devices window, highlight the microphone entry for the web cam,
press the Properties button, check the Levels tab and adjust any sliders and
check any Boost level check boxes.

--

news0714063-A90E-4293-A051-754E66AD64F1@microsoft.com...
> heya again,
>
> Nono i bought the laptop and the webcam apart
> THe webcam is from Creative ( but it is made for Windows Vista )and the
> drivers are up to date.
>
> I just notice something on msn though.
>
> U you know where u can set up your micophone, where u see this bar ( gets
> green if u talk ) well for me it just get a tiny bit green, so not sure why
> that is.
>
> I think some how the volume of my mic is really low and i need to boost it (
> thats what i think, ) i just have no idea how ;p
>
> Ike
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Wait a minute...Is this a laptop with a built in webcam?
>>
>> Then you would need to download and install Vista drivers from the laptop
>> manufacturer.
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Ike" <Ike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Thanks for your fast reply!
>> > sadly i didnt got it to work, when i did what u told me to do it only
>> > show's 1
>> > Mircrophone /ine, from SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC.
>> > That is alrdy on Default
>> > And doesnt even show my webcam micrphone
>> > Even though i installed the webcam with a cd
>> >
>> > Sorry to being annoying but i really would like this to get working.
>> > Also a strange thing is, when i test to see if my mic works on msn.
>> > When i plug it in, it give;s me 1 green spike and then it go's death?
>> >
>> > I was wondering if it was possible that when they build my laptop they
>> > forgot to plug in a wire or something, people told me thats not very
>> > uncommen
>> >
>> > Anyhow thanks again!
>> >
>> > Ike

Ike

Re: trouble with Live!Cam Vitsa IM
Hi again,

Sorry for my late response i had to some irl things to resolve.

Anyhow i did what u suggest i should do and installed the drivers there now
up to date.

Yet still no sound.
Also in that menu add Recording devices it only shows 1 microphone
called;SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC, no idea whatr that is, b
ut it doesnt show my webcam mic in there >.>

Also ( and this might be a bit silly ) but i dont need a speciale mic for my
laptop right, i can use the 1 i use on my desktop ( as on the creative
website it gaved different menu's for drivers for laptop / desktop )?

Anyways if ur all out of idea's its okey i just wanne thank you for all your
help u alrrdy have given!

Ike

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> I would still check the Creative site to confirm you have the latest drivers:
>
> http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/
>
> In the Recording Devices window, highlight the microphone entry for the web cam,
> press the Properties button, check the Levels tab and adjust any sliders and
> check any Boost level check boxes.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Ike" <Ike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news0714063-A90E-4293-A051-754E66AD64F1@microsoft.com...
> > heya again,
> >
> > Nono i bought the laptop and the webcam apart
> > THe webcam is from Creative ( but it is made for Windows Vista )and the
> > drivers are up to date.
> >
> > I just notice something on msn though.
> >
> > U you know where u can set up your micophone, where u see this bar ( gets
> > green if u talk ) well for me it just get a tiny bit green, so not sure why
> > that is.
> >
> > I think some how the volume of my mic is really low and i need to boost it (
> > thats what i think, ) i just have no idea how ;p
> >
> > Ike
> >
> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> Wait a minute...Is this a laptop with a built in webcam?
> >>
> >> Then you would need to download and install Vista drivers from the laptop
> >> manufacturer.
> >>
> >> --
> >> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> >> GO BEARS!

Cal Bear '66

Re: trouble with Live!Cam Vitsa IM
Did you right click in the Recording window and check both "Show Disconnected
Devices" and "Show Disabled Devices"?

The Sigma Tel microphone entry is for the microphone input for your built-in
Sigma Tel audio adapter's microphone input and should work with any external
desktop microphone

--

> Hi again,
>
> Sorry for my late response i had to some irl things to resolve.
>
> Anyhow i did what u suggest i should do and installed the drivers there now
> up to date.
>
> Yet still no sound.
> Also in that menu add Recording devices it only shows 1 microphone
> called;SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC, no idea whatr that is, b
> ut it doesnt show my webcam mic in there >.>
>
> Also ( and this might be a bit silly ) but i dont need a speciale mic for my
> laptop right, i can use the 1 i use on my desktop ( as on the creative
> website it gaved different menu's for drivers for laptop / desktop )?
>
> Anyways if ur all out of idea's its okey i just wanne thank you for all your
> help u alrrdy have given!
>
> Ike
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> I would still check the Creative site to confirm you have the latest drivers:
>>
>> http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/
>>
>> In the Recording Devices window, highlight the microphone entry for the web
>> cam,
>> press the Properties button, check the Levels tab and adjust any sliders and
>> check any Boost level check boxes.
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Ike" <Ike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news0714063-A90E-4293-A051-754E66AD64F1@microsoft.com...
>> > heya again,
>> >
>> > Nono i bought the laptop and the webcam apart
>> > THe webcam is from Creative ( but it is made for Windows Vista )and the
>> > drivers are up to date.
>> >
>> > I just notice something on msn though.
>> >
>> > U you know where u can set up your micophone, where u see this bar ( gets
>> > green if u talk ) well for me it just get a tiny bit green, so not sure why
>> > that is.
>> >
>> > I think some how the volume of my mic is really low and i need to boost it
>> > (
>> > thats what i think, ) i just have no idea how ;p
>> >
>> > Ike

Ike

Re: trouble with Live!Cam Vitsa IM

Yeah there both on, adn i dont see the webacm mic >.<
I really wonder what i do wrong as i test it with my friend, he said u could
hear somethhing but mostly noise on my end.

And when i test it is record a very low sound >.<