Logitec Fusion Webcam problem in WLM

=?Utf-8?B?emFycmFsYWQ=?=

Logitec Fusion Webcam problem in WLM
Installed the webcam into Vista and all functions well in standalone, but
when trying the webcam in Windows Live Messenger I get no audio! I get the
notice that no audio hardware found. The Sound in Control Panel shows
Microphone Logitec Mic as working.
Webcam functioning fine with audio under XP on another machine.
Any ideas?
Richard Urban

Re: Logitec Fusion Webcam problem in WLM
Did you step through the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard in Messenger live.

I have the same CAM, as do my two sons. I can assure you that it will, and
does work, under Vista.

I did NOT install the Logitech software. Everything that was needed came in
through Windows Update. Yes, there are now compatible Vista drivers on the
Logitech website. I downloaded them but haven't needed them.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"zarralad" <zarralad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Installed the webcam into Vista and all functions well in standalone, but
> when trying the webcam in Windows Live Messenger I get no audio! I get the
> notice that no audio hardware found. The Sound in Control Panel shows
> Microphone Logitec Mic as working.
> Webcam functioning fine with audio under XP on another machine.
> Any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?emFycmFsYWQ=?=

Re: Logitec Fusion Webcam problem in WLM
Yes I did. And it all sets up OK.. both video and the mike. But I discovered
that when I make a phone call only - audio works fine. When I make video call
- only video works! It gets better.. I installed Skype - and it ALL works..
so I do not think it is Vista.. it has to be somthing with WLM.
Thanks for the feeback Richard.