Wireless Mice & Vista Screensavers

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBCLg==?=

Wireless Mice & Vista Screensavers
So I just found out why my screensaver doesn't activate..... I have a
wireless mouse. I read this has been a problem throughout every pre-release
of Vista. When is this going to get fixed? I need my wireless mouse, but I
also need my screensaver.
=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

RE: Wireless Mice & Vista Screensavers
I have a wireless mouse (Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2) and the
screensaver works for me...
=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBCLg==?=

RE: Wireless Mice & Vista Screensavers
I have the Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000. I read another
thread that many people had the same problem. I confirmed this by unplugging
my mouse. Then screensaver came on as configured. It is my mouse.... So,
maybe not all mice...

"Paul" wrote:

> I have a wireless mouse (Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2) and the
> screensaver works for me...

BigJim

Re: Wireless Mice & Vista Screensavers
I use a logitech with no problems with Vista and using the installed
drivers.
I am not using logitech drivers.
"Mike B." <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsE7362E4-7F9F-440A-95A1-BD88671F79B7@microsoft.com...
> So I just found out why my screensaver doesn't activate..... I have a
> wireless mouse. I read this has been a problem throughout every
> pre-release
> of Vista. When is this going to get fixed? I need my wireless mouse, but I
> also need my screensaver.

=?Utf-8?B?UmljaCBDdW5uaW5naGFt?=

Re: Wireless Mice & Vista Screensavers
There is a knowledge base article 911895 on this subject. It's for XP SP2 but
applies to Vista as well. I don't think it's the mouse so much as it is the
wireless receiver. The new version 3.x receivers seem to be causing problems.
Some folks have talked about getting the older version 2.x to correct the
problem. I just installed an MS Desktop Laser 6000 and my screen saver quit.
I only used the keyboard not the mouse (I use a wired MS Explorer Trackball).
Previoulsy I used a Logitech BT setup with no problems. I removed the 6000
setup, put the Logitech back on and the screen saver worked.

"BigJim" wrote:

> I use a logitech with no problems with Vista and using the installed
> drivers.
> I am not using logitech drivers.
> "Mike B." <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsE7362E4-7F9F-440A-95A1-BD88671F79B7@microsoft.com...
> > So I just found out why my screensaver doesn't activate..... I have a
> > wireless mouse. I read this has been a problem throughout every
> > pre-release
> > of Vista. When is this going to get fixed? I need my wireless mouse, but I
> > also need my screensaver.

HDFatBoy2003

Re: Wireless Mice & Vista Screensavers
It depends on the mhz (or whatever) of the wireless device. My MS Wireless
6000 Desktop exhibited this problem, the mouse works on the 27mhz frequency
which is what causes the problem. I went and brought a Logitech mouse and
keyboard that runs on the 2.4ghz range, and no problems.

MS has noted that it is the 27mhz frequency that causes the problem.
Initially they said the the full release of Intellitype would fix the
problem but it didn't.

"BigJim" <woody10277@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ufOdneD5YeTuQHjYnZ2dnUVZ_u2mnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>I use a logitech with no problems with Vista and using the installed
>drivers.
> I am not using logitech drivers.
> "Mike B." <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsE7362E4-7F9F-440A-95A1-BD88671F79B7@microsoft.com...
>> So I just found out why my screensaver doesn't activate..... I have a
>> wireless mouse. I read this has been a problem throughout every
>> pre-release
>> of Vista. When is this going to get fixed? I need my wireless mouse, but
>> also need my screensaver.

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Wireless Mice & Vista Screensavers
These are details of the HID update that appeared on the Vista Update site..

Microsoft - Other Hardware - HID Non-User Input Data Filter

Installation date: ‎06/‎02/‎2007 10:57

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Optional

Microsoft Other Hardware software update released in January, 2007

More information:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20031770

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

One guy gotten notification back again, having ignored it first time around,
by uninstalling Dreamscene.. the update re-appeared.. I am not sure if he
went for the Dreamscene update again..

It is also possible that the update has recently been included in the driver
available from the MS website..

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...d/default.mspx

"Rich Cunningham" <RichCunningham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2D95292A-467C-4A3F-A7B9-D13011B1118F@microsoft.com...

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Harry Krause

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User wrote:
> These are details of the HID update that appeared on the Vista Update
> site..
>
> Microsoft - Other Hardware - HID Non-User Input Data Filter
>
> Installation date: ‎06/‎02/‎2007 10:57
>
> Installation status: Successful
>
> Update type: Optional
>
> Microsoft Other Hardware software update released in January, 2007
>
> More information:
> http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20031770
>
> More information:
> http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub
>
> One guy gotten notification back again, having ignored it first time
> around, by uninstalling Dreamscene.. the update re-appeared.. I am not
> sure if he went for the Dreamscene update again..
>
> It is also possible that the update has recently been included in the
> driver available from the MS website..
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...d/default.mspx

C'est moi, and no, I didn't go back for Dreamscene.
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Wireless Mice & Vista Screensavers
Thanks for that, Harry, and apologies for not remembering your name..

"Harry Krause" <harry.krause@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User wrote:
>> These are details of the HID update that appeared on the Vista Update
>> site..
>>
>> Microsoft - Other Hardware - HID Non-User Input Data Filter
>>
>> Installation date: ‎06/‎02/‎2007 10:57
>>
>> Installation status: Successful
>>
>> Update type: Optional
>>
>> Microsoft Other Hardware software update released in January, 2007
>>
>> More information:
>> http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20031770
>>
>> More information:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub
>>
>> One guy gotten notification back again, having ignored it first time
>> around, by uninstalling Dreamscene.. the update re-appeared.. I am not
>> sure if he went for the Dreamscene update again..
>>
>> It is also possible that the update has recently been included in the
>> driver available from the MS website..
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...d/default.mspx
>>

> C'est moi, and no, I didn't go back for Dreamscene.

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Lakesidezx

Re: Wireless Mice & Vista Screensavers
There is already a update available for this, I don't recall the name
exactly but somthing like HID compliant hardware. I installed it a couple
weeks ago when it was first released and my screensaver works fine now. I
too use the 300 mouse as well as the microsoft natural wireless 6000