Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard, No volume control?

Imageman

Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard, No volume control?
- New homebuilt Vista PC, Vista compatible hardware
- Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard
- Windows 'Vista' driver software ITP64Eng.exe

If I press the keyboard mute button, the sound slider appears on the monitor
with red, indicating mute, and the sound goes off as it should. If I press
the + or - volume keys, the line turns green, the sound comes back on, but
the volume will not adjust the sound level? In a second or so the control
drops from the monitor? Help appreciated - IM

Dmeister is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I"m having the exact same problem. I have all of the updated patches for vista (32bit). It is a microsoft wireless natural multimedia keyboard and the volume control used to work on xp. All I did was update to vista, download the current drivers from microsoft after installing vista and volume control (+/-) stopped working. All other controls on my keyboard (stop, play, pause, etc) work correctly. It's just volume control.
t-4-2

Re: Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard, No volume control?

Dmeister;688602 Wrote:
> I"m having the exact same problem. I have all of the updated patches for
> vista (32bit). It is a microsoft wireless natural multimedia keyboard
> and the volume control used to work on xp. All I did was update to
> vista, download the current drivers from microsoft after installing
> vista and volume control (+/-) stopped working. All other controls on
> my keyboard (stop, play, pause, etc) work correctly. It's just volume
> control.
>

> --
> Dmeister

Hello Dmeister,
" other hardware HID Non-User Input Data Filter "-- windows optional
update. It is designed specifically for wireless mice and keyboards. If
you don't have it installed, you need it. If it's no longer listed in
the windows update, install the IntelliPoint software then go look for
it the optional in windows update.
Intellipoint

--
t-4-2
C.B.

"Dmeister" <Dmeister.385j0s@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
newsmeister.385j0s@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> I"m having the exact same problem. I have all of the updated patches for
> vista (32bit). It is a microsoft wireless natural multimedia keyboard
> and the volume control used to work on xp. All I did was update to
> vista, download the current drivers from microsoft after installing
> vista and volume control (+/-) stopped working. All other controls on
> my keyboard (stop, play, pause, etc) work correctly. It's just volume
> control.
>

> --
> Dmeister

Dmeister,

You may have to uninstall your current software and reinstall it. Below
is the link for the software you need, in English U.S.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...indows%20Vista

C.B.

--
It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
and unfortunate among us.