Princeton VL1916 Monitor won't wake-up since Vista Upgrade

EricGoldman

Princeton VL1916 Monitor won't wake-up since Vista Upgrade
X200 Xpress Video (ATI)

Since upgrading to Vista Ultimate from XP MCE, most of the time when the
computer goes to sleep. The image turns to black (as it should), but the
monitor light remains green. I cannot wake up the monitor with any key or
the front power button. I must hit the switch on the back.
JW

Re: Princeton VL1916 Monitor won't wake-up since Vista Upgrade
I have had no trouble with my Princeton VL1916 monitor under Vista Home
Premium with either Intel 945 graphics using the VGA interface connection or
with an NVIDIA 8500GT card using either the DVI or the VGA interface
connection. When in sleep mode the screen goes black and the light changes
from green to amber.
I have my desktop set to 1280x1024.
"EricGoldman" <EricGoldman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news6A6697F-98E8-46C6-B973-CD0B8C3D0C9C@microsoft.com...
> X200 Xpress Video (ATI)
>
> Since upgrading to Vista Ultimate from XP MCE, most of the time when the
> computer goes to sleep. The image turns to black (as it should), but the
> monitor light remains green. I cannot wake up the monitor with any key or
> the front power button. I must hit the switch on the back.

EricGoldman

Re: Princeton VL1916 Monitor won't wake-up since Vista Upgrade
Let see if these differences narrows down the problem:
Vista Ultimate
ATI X200 Xpress (onboard) video
Sleep mode most of the time does not produce Amber light (remains green)
HP Media Center a1250n

Similarities:
VL1916
VGA interface

"JW" wrote:

> I have had no trouble with my Princeton VL1916 monitor under Vista Home
> Premium with either Intel 945 graphics using the VGA interface connection or
> with an NVIDIA 8500GT card using either the DVI or the VGA interface
> connection. When in sleep mode the screen goes black and the light changes
> from green to amber.
> I have my desktop set to 1280x1024.
> "EricGoldman" <EricGoldman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news6A6697F-98E8-46C6-B973-CD0B8C3D0C9C@microsoft.com...
> > X200 Xpress Video (ATI)
> >
> > Since upgrading to Vista Ultimate from XP MCE, most of the time when the
> > computer goes to sleep. The image turns to black (as it should), but the
> > monitor light remains green. I cannot wake up the monitor with any key or
> > the front power button. I must hit the switch on the back.

JW

Re: Princeton VL1916 Monitor won't wake-up since Vista Upgrade
AFAIK the latest ATI Catalyst Vista driver release for your X200 is the 7.8
release. Is this the release you are using?
Also is your MOBO BIOS upto date with the latest release form HP?
> Let see if these differences narrows down the problem:
> Vista Ultimate
> ATI X200 Xpress (onboard) video
> Sleep mode most of the time does not produce Amber light (remains green)
> HP Media Center a1250n
>
> Similarities:
> VL1916
> VGA interface
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> I have had no trouble with my Princeton VL1916 monitor under Vista Home
>> Premium with either Intel 945 graphics using the VGA interface connection
>> or
>> with an NVIDIA 8500GT card using either the DVI or the VGA interface
>> connection. When in sleep mode the screen goes black and the light
>> changes
>> from green to amber.
>> I have my desktop set to 1280x1024.
>> "EricGoldman" <EricGoldman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news6A6697F-98E8-46C6-B973-CD0B8C3D0C9C@microsoft.com...
>> > X200 Xpress Video (ATI)
>> >
>> > Since upgrading to Vista Ultimate from XP MCE, most of the time when
>> > the
>> > computer goes to sleep. The image turns to black (as it should), but
>> > the
>> > monitor light remains green. I cannot wake up the monitor with any key
>> > or
>> > the front power button. I must hit the switch on the back.

snorer

Re: Princeton VL1916 Monitor won't wake-up since Vista Upgrade

I'm having the same non-waking up problem but have no switch on my
VL1916 so I have to unplug the 12 volt line from the monitor to get
things to light up. If I unplug the 120 VAC end of the power cord, it
doesn't fix the problem. Gremlins........

--
snorer
JW

Re: Princeton VL1916 Monitor won't wake-up since Vista Upgrade
I have no problem with my Princeton VL1916 monitor waking up with Vista
either when using its VGA or its DVI interface.

"snorer" <snorer.31t685@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I'm having the same non-waking up problem but have no switch on my
> VL1916 so I have to unplug the 12 volt line from the monitor to get
> things to light up. If I unplug the 120 VAC end of the power cord, it
> doesn't fix the problem. Gremlins........
>

> --
> snorer

snorer

Re: Princeton VL1916 Monitor won't wake-up since Vista Upgrade

My problem doesn't seem to be a Vista or a graphics card issue. The
monitor acts the same way under XP and while connected to another
computer. With the green light on on the monitor, the screen won't light
after either a computer shutdown or a Windows reboot unless I unplug the
12V connector from the monitor and then reconnect it. I think it is a
capacitor in the monitor power circuit that has gone south.

--
snorer
JW

Re: Princeton VL1916 Monitor won't wake-up since Vista Upgrade
Certainly does sound like a faulty monitor.

"snorer" <snorer.31t9p0@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> My problem doesn't seem to be a Vista or a graphics card issue. The
> monitor acts the same way under XP and while connected to another
> computer. With the green light on on the monitor, the screen won't light
> after either a computer shutdown or a Windows reboot unless I unplug the
> 12V connector from the monitor and then reconnect it. I think it is a
> capacitor in the monitor power circuit that has gone south.
>

> --
> snorer

JW

Re: Princeton VL1916 Monitor won't wake-up since Vista Upgrade
My VL1916 has a pushbutton on/off switch just over above the orange/green
light does yours not have a switch in that location.