Dell and "no audio output device installed" after Vista upgrade

=?Utf-8?B?c2lsa3NvdWw0dQ==?=

Dell and "no audio output device installed" after Vista upgrade
Hi,

I wanted to post a solution that hopefully will help alot of folks.

I have a Dell 1501 laptop that came with Vista Home Basic. I upgraded to
Vista Home Premium and suddenly the sound wouldnt work. I would get the
message that "no audio output device was installed" even though there was one
installed, and the device manager/sound was telling me that the sound card
was working.
I have a SigmaTel High Def Audio CODEC.

Here's how I fixed it. I went to this page and downloaded this driver:

http://www.support.dell.com/support/...&fileid=195629

I restarted my computer and now the sound works fine again!
Hope this helps.
Matt

sound problem
I had the same problem with the exact same components. I couldn't find anything that worked but i downloaded this driver and my sound fired right up after a restart.
Thanks a lot,
Matt

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
=?Utf-8?B?RGVicmE=?=

RE: Dell and "no audio output device installed" after Vista upgrade
Thank you!! I have searched everywhere for this solution. Worked perfectly!!

"silksoul4u" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to post a solution that hopefully will help alot of folks.
>
> I have a Dell 1501 laptop that came with Vista Home Basic. I upgraded to
> Vista Home Premium and suddenly the sound wouldnt work. I would get the
> message that "no audio output device was installed" even though there was one
> installed, and the device manager/sound was telling me that the sound card
> was working.
> I have a SigmaTel High Def Audio CODEC.
>
> Here's how I fixed it. I went to this page and downloaded this driver:
>
> http://www.support.dell.com/support/...&fileid=195629
>
> I restarted my computer and now the sound works fine again!
> Hope this helps.

=?Utf-8?B?U3dhbWkgamk=?=

RE: Dell and "no audio output device installed" after Vista upgrade

YEH, the driver works but the sorround sound quality and enhancements of
the Audio Codecs are gone .

Please help me in that, as DELL has replaced 3 of my systems and now
ultimately the buck is on VISTA as per the TECH service team of ESTEEMEEED
DELL
--
''''Swami''''

"silksoul4u" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to post a solution that hopefully will help alot of folks.
>
> I have a Dell 1501 laptop that came with Vista Home Basic. I upgraded to
> Vista Home Premium and suddenly the sound wouldnt work. I would get the
> message that "no audio output device was installed" even though there was one
> installed, and the device manager/sound was telling me that the sound card
> was working.
> I have a SigmaTel High Def Audio CODEC.
>
> Here's how I fixed it. I went to this page and downloaded this driver:
>
> http://www.support.dell.com/support/...&fileid=195629
>
> I restarted my computer and now the sound works fine again!
> Hope this helps.

tekas

Re: Dell and "no audio output device installed" after Vista upgrade

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem that you had and I have been trying for
the past 3 days to solve it. I downloaded a couple of SigmatelDrivers
(that dell prescribed) and also the Creative Soundblaster Audigy that
Dell shipped.

None of them worked.

Then I looked at your post and thought this should fix it. Since mine
is exactly the same problem as your... It stopped working after I
upgraded to Vista premium.

Unfortunately it isn't still working for me.

Can anyone please help me

Regards
Saket

--
tekas
tekas's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25780

http://forums.techarena.in

mafas

Re: Dell and "no audio output device installed" after Vista upgrade

yay! it works! lol, thanks very much! I was thinkng that I wouldn't ever
be able to solve it, and then I come across this post... thank you!

--
mafas
mafas's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/mafas.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

theron

Re: Dell and "no audio output device installed" after Vista upgrade

My audio worked fine until Vista Service Pack 1. I have a Dell Inspiron
1720 with a Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC driver. Apparently
Sigma Tel was bought out by another company. Dell says that Windows
should have a new driver, and Windows says that Dell should have a new
driver. I have tried numerous drivers without success.
Does anyone have a solution?

--
theron
theron's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/theron.htm