ScanJet 3970 Driver for Vista

=?Utf-8?B?U2FibywgRXJpYw==?=

ScanJet 3970 Driver for Vista
Does anyone know of other driver that I could use for a ScanJet 3970 Scanner
from HP on windows vista? HP is saying they will have a driver in the near
future.
BigJim

Re: ScanJet 3970 Driver for Vista
just have to wait like everyone else
"Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of other driver that I could use for a ScanJet 3970
> Scanner
> from HP on windows vista? HP is saying they will have a driver in the
> near
> future.

=?Utf-8?B?am1jZGFuaWVsMw==?=

RE: ScanJet 3970 Driver for Vista
HP has posted a Vista 32/64 bit beta driver for the Scanjet 3970 and it works
just fine as I have the same scanner.
--
James
Austin, Texas

"Sabo, Eric" wrote:

> Does anyone know of other driver that I could use for a ScanJet 3970 Scanner
> from HP on windows vista? HP is saying they will have a driver in the near
> future.

CW Sussex UK

RE: ScanJet 3970 Driver for Vista
I downloaded the driver on the HP site but there is no transparency /
negative scan option (which is the main reason I got this device), and also
no set-up functionality as such. And so far HP's helpful advice to me when
I queried this - tough, we're not going to improve this so go buy a new
scanner! Either HP's customer support is appalling - or there another driver
somewhere 'out there that I'm just missing ? Any help appreciated.

Col

"jmcdaniel3" wrote:

> HP has posted a Vista 32/64 bit beta driver for the Scanjet 3970 and it works
> just fine as I have the same scanner.
> --
> James
> Austin, Texas
>

> "Sabo, Eric" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of other driver that I could use for a ScanJet 3970 Scanner
> > from HP on windows vista? HP is saying they will have a driver in the near
> > future.

dollard

RE: ScanJet 3970 Driver for Vista
Sorry to post here but it won't let me start a new post-keeps saying pop-up
blocker.
Has anyone found a driver to use with a HP Scanjet 3300C with Vista basic?

"Sabo, Eric" wrote:

> Does anyone know of other driver that I could use for a ScanJet 3970 Scanner
> from HP on windows vista? HP is saying they will have a driver in the near
> future.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: ScanJet 3970 Driver for Vista
Unfortunately HP decided not to make this scanner Vista compatible.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=58390&lang=en
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"dollard" <dollard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry to post here but it won't let me start a new post-keeps saying
> pop-up
> blocker.
> Has anyone found a driver to use with a HP Scanjet 3300C with Vista basic?
>
> "Sabo, Eric" wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of other driver that I could use for a ScanJet 3970
>> Scanner
>> from HP on windows vista? HP is saying they will have a driver in the
>> near
>> future.

dollard

Re: ScanJet 3970 Driver for Vista
Thanks Cari. I wonder what to do with a perfectly good scanner? Is there a
market for them on E Bay or ?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Unfortunately HP decided not to make this scanner Vista compatible.
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=58390&lang=en
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "dollard" <dollard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry to post here but it won't let me start a new post-keeps saying
> > pop-up
> > blocker.
> > Has anyone found a driver to use with a HP Scanjet 3300C with Vista basic?
> >
> > "Sabo, Eric" wrote:
> >
> >> Does anyone know of other driver that I could use for a ScanJet 3970
> >> Scanner
> >> from HP on windows vista? HP is saying they will have a driver in the
> >> near
> >> future.

Bill Leary

> Thanks Cari. I wonder what to do with a perfectly good scanner? Is there a
> market for them on E Bay or ?

I got my 4400C working by installing Virtual PC, putting ME on that, and
installing the ME drivers for the scanner. I don't scan often, though, and
it's usually in batches, so the inconvenience of starting up the VPC,
scanning, and copying the files to a shared folder to get them accessible
under Vista isn't a big deal to me.

- Bill

dollard

Re: ScanJet 3970 Driver for Vista
Thanks Bill. Sounds like it wouldn't work for me.

"Bill Leary" wrote:

> "dollard" <dollard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Cari. I wonder what to do with a perfectly good scanner? Is there a
> > market for them on E Bay or ?

> I got my 4400C working by installing Virtual PC, putting ME on that, and
> installing the ME drivers for the scanner. I don't scan often, though, and
> it's usually in batches, so the inconvenience of starting up the VPC,
> scanning, and copying the files to a shared folder to get them accessible
> under Vista isn't a big deal to me.
>
> - Bill

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: ScanJet 3970 Driver for Vista
You might try installing the XP Software using Run as Administrator and
possibly using Compatibility mode as well.

If you do try this uninstall all HP software for this device; delete
the Printer icon in Control Panel / Printers; unplug the printer and
its cable from the PC and reboot.

Then start to install the XP software by right mouse clicking the
setup.exe file and selecting Run as Administrator.

Don't reconnect the printer and cable until either the software
installation tells you to or you get to [Finish]