microsoft basic optical mouse Freezes randomly

22Bravo

microsoft basic optical mouse Freezes randomly
I have new Vista Premium os not a lot on it yet but the cursor freezes
randomly it is very anoying thing to hapen please advise on what action to
take please
Yukon Jack

Re: microsoft basic optical mouse Freezes randomly
"22Bravo" <22Bravo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have new Vista Premium os not a lot on it yet but the cursor freezes
> randomly it is very anoying thing to hapen please advise on what action to
> take please

I had an issue where the mouse cursor would freeze during bootup on occasion
but only when attached to a PS2 KVM. Connected via USB it is fine. Also
switching to classic UI and not using Aero it happened a lot less
frequently.
All other OS's that used the mouse over KVM had no such issues at all so
obviously Vista has an issue to deal with and it seems Microsoft are not
admitting to it.

Spirit

Re: microsoft basic optical mouse Freezes randomly
Think Video and Mouse driver and/or Rodent Utilities,,,,,

"Yukon Jack" <NO@EMAIL.HERE> wrote in message news:UJ0zi.99215$jE4.34491@fe12.news.easynews.com. ..
> "22Bravo" <22Bravo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have new Vista Premium os not a lot on it yet but the cursor freezes
>> randomly it is very anoying thing to hapen please advise on what action to
>> take please

> I had an issue where the mouse cursor would freeze during bootup on occasion
> but only when attached to a PS2 KVM. Connected via USB it is fine. Also
> switching to classic UI and not using Aero it happened a lot less
> frequently.
> All other OS's that used the mouse over KVM had no such issues at all so
> obviously Vista has an issue to deal with and it seems Microsoft are not
> admitting to it.

Randor

Re: microsoft basic optical mouse Freezes randomly
Hi!

I recommand to install the reliability update KB938194 for Vista :

for 32 bits :
for 64 bits :

Bye!