Brother Printer MCW 820

=?Utf-8?B?bmVpbDJqbw==?=

Brother Printer MCW 820
I have the above model printer with Vista HE, although I don't think this is
the problem (it is a vista prob).
I can connect the printer via wireless no problems and works except the
scanner feature. However if I turn off the printer and try again tomorrow
(turn it back on) the printer, whilst being recognised is showing not
available (or similar). In order to get it to print again, I have to delete
the printer and re-search for it again and basically install it once more.
You can not beleive how frustarating this gets each day.
Anyone have any ideas to how or why this is happening, better still any
brother drivers for this out yet?
Thanks
BobS

Re: Brother Printer MCW 820
I'm assuming you have a wireless print-server like maybe a LinkSys WPS54G
perhaps and a wireless router - maybe a WRT54G - early version (v2) perhaps?

Did you set the printer up as a "Local Port" using "Standard TCP/IP" ?

Could be a lot of things but it sounds like it's not saving the print-server
configuration and attached printer data after you do a configuration. Are
you setting the IP addr manually or letting the router provide the
addressing? Does the router find the print-server okay or do you have to
enter into the configuration program first?

A few more details about the hardware, version and firmware levels may help.

Bob S.

"neil2jo" <neil2jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the above model printer with Vista HE, although I don't think this
>is
> the problem (it is a vista prob).
> I can connect the printer via wireless no problems and works except the
> scanner feature. However if I turn off the printer and try again tomorrow
> (turn it back on) the printer, whilst being recognised is showing not
> available (or similar). In order to get it to print again, I have to
> delete
> the printer and re-search for it again and basically install it once more.
> You can not beleive how frustarating this gets each day.
> Anyone have any ideas to how or why this is happening, better still any
> brother drivers for this out yet?
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?bmVpbDJqbw==?=

Re: Brother Printer MCW 820
I am using the wireless part of the BThomehub(router), which is connecting to
the printer.

looking at the properties its port is set to 192.168.1.65 (in vista network)
Then opened the hub manager and it read 192.168.1.65 after turning on the
printer

Always use the same address 'no'. So I am guessing this now where the
problem is, so you are correct...thanks

But now need to find a way to lock this port and BT helpline is premium rate
and their doc s don't help, which whilst writing this I found how.. so have
now resolved thanks again