Erase a CD

Jetz

Erase a CD
Hi.
My friend is requesting some file from me. I tried to upload the files onto
the Internet, however my friend said it is too large (about 400MB) for him to
download. So I put it into a CD.

Before I mailed it, I found an error in the files. Because I had compressed
it into ana RAR archive, I had to delete the whole RAR archive and burn in a
new one. However, my system said the CD is full although there are no files
in the disk at all.

So I went to Windows Help and Support. The instructions are to go to the
Computer folder, select the icon for the disk and click the "Erase this disk"
button in the toolbar. However I failed to spot any "Erase this disk" button
on the screen, nor when I right-clicked on the icon.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? My friend's deadline for the
file is this weekend, so I need assistance urgently.

Best Regards,
Jetz
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Erase a CD
Hello,

I'm not a CD burning expert, but is the CD a RW, a re-writeable one? If so,
you can format it/erase the data and write new to it. If not, you can't
write new data.
With Nero, you have the option to create a Multisession disk to later add
data to non-RW CDs.

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language

"Jetz" <Jetz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi.
> My friend is requesting some file from me. I tried to upload the files
> onto
> the Internet, however my friend said it is too large (about 400MB) for him
> download. So I put it into a CD.
>
> Before I mailed it, I found an error in the files. Because I had
> compressed
> it into ana RAR archive, I had to delete the whole RAR archive and burn in
> new one. However, my system said the CD is full although there are no
> files
> in the disk at all.
>
> So I went to Windows Help and Support. The instructions are to go to the
> Computer folder, select the icon for the disk and click the "Erase this
> disk"
> button in the toolbar. However I failed to spot any "Erase this disk"
> button
> on the screen, nor when I right-clicked on the icon.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? My friend's deadline for the
> file is this weekend, so I need assistance urgently.
>

> Best Regards,
> Jetz

Jetz

Re: Erase a CD
Yes, the CD I used was a re-writable one.

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote

> Hello,
>
> I'm not a CD burning expert, but is the CD a RW, a re-writeable one? If so,
> you can format it/erase the data and write new to it. If not, you can't
> write new data.
> With Nero, you have the option to create a Multisession disk to later add
> data to non-RW CDs.
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Jetz" <Jetz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi.
> > My friend is requesting some file from me. I tried to upload the files
> > onto
> > the Internet, however my friend said it is too large (about 400MB) for him
> > download. So I put it into a CD.
> >
> > Before I mailed it, I found an error in the files. Because I had
> > compressed
> > it into ana RAR archive, I had to delete the whole RAR archive and burn in
> > new one. However, my system said the CD is full although there are no
> > files
> > in the disk at all.
> >
> > So I went to Windows Help and Support. The instructions are to go to the
> > Computer folder, select the icon for the disk and click the "Erase this
> > disk"
> > button in the toolbar. However I failed to spot any "Erase this disk"
> > button
> > on the screen, nor when I right-clicked on the icon.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? My friend's deadline for the
> > file is this weekend, so I need assistance urgently.
> >

> > Best Regards,
> > Jetz

JW

Re: Erase a CD
I suggest that instead of trying to erase your CD-RW and rewrite it that you
write the files on a new non rewriteable CD since many CD-RWs have trouble
being read on a different drive then the one they were written on.
news86F8056-FABF-4346-AE3B-E93747A433D1@microsoft.com...