Nero essential 7.0 in Vista Home Basic

Jerry Wong

Nero essential 7.0 in Vista Home Basic
I have bought a LiteOn DVD writer bundled with Nero. However, the software
cannot be installed in Vista (it is rejected saying incompatible with the
OS). Any solutions?

--
Jerry Wong

http://www.geocities.com/jerrywong.geo
但我*抪茈L的應許、 盼望新天新地,有義居在其中。(彼後3:13)
But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to
new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)

Mike Brannigan

Re: Nero essential 7.0 in Vista Home Basic
"Jerry Wong" <jerrywkwong_nospam@netvigator.com> wrote in message
>I have bought a LiteOn DVD writer bundled with Nero. However, the software
>cannot be installed in Vista (it is rejected saying incompatible with the
>OS). Any solutions?

If your bundled software came with a valid license key just download the
latest Vista compatible version from www.nero.com

--
Mike Brannigan

"Jerry Wong" <jerrywkwong_nospam@netvigator.com> wrote in message
>I have bought a LiteOn DVD writer bundled with Nero. However, the software
>cannot be installed in Vista (it is rejected saying incompatible with the
>OS). Any solutions?
>

> --
> Jerry Wong
>
> http://www.geocities.com/jerrywong.geo
> 但我*抪茈L的應許、 盼望新天新地,有義居在其中。(彼後3:13)
> But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to
> new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)

Peter

Re: Nero essential 7.0 in Vista Home Basic
Only Nero 7.7.5.1 is compatible (and even that is debatable as I've had no
end of problems with it). Have you tried opening the CD and right-clicking
the setup.exe and checking "Run as Administrator" and in compatibility with
XP SP2?

--
Peter
XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate
"Jerry Wong" <jerrywkwong_nospam@netvigator.com> wrote in message
>I have bought a LiteOn DVD writer bundled with Nero. However, the software
>cannot be installed in Vista (it is rejected saying incompatible with the
>OS). Any solutions?
>

> --
> Jerry Wong
>
> http://www.geocities.com/jerrywong.geo
> 但我*抪茈L的應許、 盼望新天新地,有義居在其中。(彼後3:13)
> But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to
> new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)

Jerry Wong

Re: Nero essential 7.0 in Vista Home Basic
There is an update in Nero, however it is a demo! My OEM DVD writer does not
have any serial key.

--

"Mike Brannigan" <Mike.Brannigan@localhost>
???????:OJOmAZoWHHA.5008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

> There is an update in Nero, however it is a demo! My OEM DVD writer does
> not have any serial key.
>
> --
> Jerry Wong

The demo download is actually the full version you would just need to put in
the license key.
Is it not on a sticker somewhere on the CD package with the disk in it ?

--
Mike Brannigan

> http://www.geocities.com/jerrywong.geo
> ????????? ??????,???????(??3:13)
> But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to
> new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)
> "Mike Brannigan" <Mike.Brannigan@localhost>
> ???????:OJOmAZoWHHA.5008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> "Jerry Wong" <jerrywkwong_nospam@netvigator.com> wrote in message
>>>I have bought a LiteOn DVD writer bundled with Nero. However, the
>>>software cannot be installed in Vista (it is rejected saying incompatible
>>>with the OS). Any solutions?
>>>

>> If your bundled software came with a valid license key just download the
>> latest Vista compatible version from www.nero.com
>>

>> --
>> Mike Brannigan
>>
>> "Jerry Wong" <jerrywkwong_nospam@netvigator.com> wrote in message
>>>I have bought a LiteOn DVD writer bundled with Nero. However, the
>>>software cannot be installed in Vista (it is rejected saying incompatible
>>>with the OS). Any solutions?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Jerry Wong
>>>
>>> http://www.geocities.com/jerrywong.geo
>>> 但我*抪茈L的應許、 盼望新天新地,有義居在其中。(彼後3:13)
>>> But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to
>>> new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)

Peter

Re: Nero essential 7.0 in Vista Home Basic
I'm using an OEM Nero 7 Essentials in one of my XP partitions...I swear I
saw a serial number when I was setting it up.

--
Peter
XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate
P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 700gb HDD, 4.0gb DDR
Soundblaster Audigy 4/ATI Radeon 9550 SE/Asus 7135 TV-FM
"Jerry Wong" <jerrywkwong_nospam@netvigator.com> wrote in message
> There is an update in Nero, however it is a demo! My OEM DVD writer does
> not have any serial key.
>
> --
> Jerry Wong
>
> http://www.geocities.com/jerrywong.geo
> ????????? ??????,???????(??3:13)
> But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to
> new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)
> "Mike Brannigan" <Mike.Brannigan@localhost>
> ???????:OJOmAZoWHHA.5008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> "Jerry Wong" <jerrywkwong_nospam@netvigator.com> wrote in message
>>>I have bought a LiteOn DVD writer bundled with Nero. However, the
>>>software cannot be installed in Vista (it is rejected saying incompatible
>>>with the OS). Any solutions?
>>>

>> If your bundled software came with a valid license key just download the
>> latest Vista compatible version from www.nero.com
>>

>> --
>> Mike Brannigan
>>
>> "Jerry Wong" <jerrywkwong_nospam@netvigator.com> wrote in message
>>>I have bought a LiteOn DVD writer bundled with Nero. However, the
>>>software cannot be installed in Vista (it is rejected saying incompatible
>>>with the OS). Any solutions?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Jerry Wong
>>>
>>> http://www.geocities.com/jerrywong.geo
>>> 但我*抪茈L的應許、 盼望新天新地,有義居在其中。(彼後3:13)
>>> But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to
>>> new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)

pvdg42

Re: Nero essential 7.0 in Vista Home Basic

"Jerry Wong" <jerrywkwong_nospam@netvigator.com> wrote in message
> There is an update in Nero, however it is a demo! My OEM DVD writer does
> not have any serial key.
>
> --
> Jerry Wong

Right. There are two flavors of Nero OEM, the generic OEM that does come
with a key, and the drive-specific OEM (comes in the box with the drive),
that will only work with a particular drive and *does not* come with a key.

As you have no key, the updates available from Ahead will only install as a
demo for you.

The only shot you have is to install your version on an XP box, that search
the registry for the key which will have been generated by the installer,
then try that key on the update you download for your Vista box.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if the key you find will work on the update. It's
a shot in the dark.

Jerry Wong

Re: Nero essential 7.0 in Vista Home Basic
Thanks to all of you.

I have solved the problem. As I have got the serial key from the OEM Nero 7
Essential by:
1. Install it in windowsxp then use the key to install the downloaded Nero
updates for Vista. or
2. Install the downloaded Nero updates for Vista, then during the
installation there is a process to input the serial key. It also helps to
check the serial in the OEM CD. After obtaining the serial key, it will
install the Nero 7 Essential from the updates.

Thanks again!!!

--

"pvdg42" <pvdg42@newsgroups.nospam> 撰寫於郵件新聞:ONiRidrWHHA.496@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gb l...

> "Jerry Wong" <jerrywkwong_nospam@netvigator.com> wrote in message
>> There is an update in Nero, however it is a demo! My OEM DVD writer does
>> not have any serial key.
>>
>> --
>> Jerry Wong
>>

> Right. There are two flavors of Nero OEM, the generic OEM that does come
> with a key, and the drive-specific OEM (comes in the box with the drive),
> that will only work with a particular drive and *does not* come with a
> key.
>
> As you have no key, the updates available from Ahead will only install as
> a demo for you.
>
> The only shot you have is to install your version on an XP box, that
> search the registry for the key which will have been generated by the
> installer, then try that key on the update you download for your Vista
> box.
>
> Disclaimer: I have no idea if the key you find will work on the update.
> It's a shot in the dark.

Rafal Kubiak

Re: Nero essential 7.0 in Vista Home Basic
"Jerry Wong" <jerrywkwong_nospam@netvigator.com> napisa w wrote
> There is an update in Nero, however it is a demo! My OEM DVD writer does
> not have any serial key.

Try to install anyway your "incompatible" version and interrupt it when it
will display number . After that you can copy serial number and install
proper newest and "compatible" version with this number. I've just tried and
it works.