Intel PRo/Wireless 2200bg card

=?Utf-8?B?Z21hc3Nvbg==?=

Intel PRo/Wireless 2200bg card
Hello - I have Vista business running on an LM2W series laptop.
I have an Intel 2200 Pro/Wireless card installed and current drivers in
place. The card is in dev manager and I can access it, but cannot turn it on!
Intel does not supply a compatible software control panel for Vista to use to
turn the card on. And suggestions or solutions out there?

Thanx
koze

Re: Intel PRo/Wireless 2200bg card
Have you tried "diagnose" from the netwerk center?
Ko.

"gmasson" <gmasson@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
newsF44333A-722C-44D6-8128-A292980D1240@microsoft.com...
> Hello - I have Vista business running on an LM2W series laptop.
> I have an Intel 2200 Pro/Wireless card installed and current drivers in
> place. The card is in dev manager and I can access it, but cannot turn it
> on!
> Intel does not supply a compatible software control panel for Vista to use
> turn the card on. And suggestions or solutions out there?
>
> Thanx

=?Utf-8?B?Z21hc3Nvbg==?=

Re: Intel PRo/Wireless 2200bg card
Yes I have. The response from the system is to turn on the wireless card.
Either by a switch on the machine itself ( there is none ) or via a software
switch. Which normally is supplied by the card vendor. The Intel site states
"drivers only for Vista" and that in Q2 Windows Vista IHV support will be
offered. I'm just trying to determine if there is another method for tunring
the card on.

Thanx

"koze" wrote:

> Have you tried "diagnose" from the netwerk center?
> Ko.
>
> "gmasson" <gmasson@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> newsF44333A-722C-44D6-8128-A292980D1240@microsoft.com...
> > Hello - I have Vista business running on an LM2W series laptop.
> > I have an Intel 2200 Pro/Wireless card installed and current drivers in
> > place. The card is in dev manager and I can access it, but cannot turn it
> > on!
> > Intel does not supply a compatible software control panel for Vista to use
> > turn the card on. And suggestions or solutions out there?
> >
> > Thanx

koze

Re: Intel PRo/Wireless 2200bg card
Is this a build in Wireless NIC? Isn't there a switch somewhere.
I do know Toshiba has a very small switch at the front to set power to the
card. What is the brand of the laptop?

> Yes I have. The response from the system is to turn on the wireless card.
> Either by a switch on the machine itself ( there is none ) or via a
> software
> switch. Which normally is supplied by the card vendor. The Intel site
> states
> "drivers only for Vista" and that in Q2 Windows Vista IHV support will be
> offered. I'm just trying to determine if there is another method for
> tunring
> the card on.
>
> Thanx
>
> "koze" wrote:
>
>> Have you tried "diagnose" from the netwerk center?
>> Ko.
>>
>> "gmasson" <gmasson@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
>> newsF44333A-722C-44D6-8128-A292980D1240@microsoft.com...
>> > Hello - I have Vista business running on an LM2W series laptop.
>> > I have an Intel 2200 Pro/Wireless card installed and current drivers in
>> > place. The card is in dev manager and I can access it, but cannot turn
>> > it
>> > on!
>> > Intel does not supply a compatible software control panel for Vista to
>> > use
>> > turn the card on. And suggestions or solutions out there?
>> >
>> > Thanx

=?Utf-8?B?Z21hc3Nvbg==?=

Re: Intel PRo/Wireless 2200bg card
This a no name laptop. LM2W is the part number on the bottom. I think it's a
FIC laptop of some sort. There is a button on the top of the bezel next to
power button that indicates wireless however it does not seem to do anything
constructive.

"koze" wrote:

> Is this a build in Wireless NIC? Isn't there a switch somewhere.
> I do know Toshiba has a very small switch at the front to set power to the
> card. What is the brand of the laptop?
>
> Ko
> "gmasson" <gmasson@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> > Yes I have. The response from the system is to turn on the wireless card.
> > Either by a switch on the machine itself ( there is none ) or via a
> > software
> > switch. Which normally is supplied by the card vendor. The Intel site
> > states
> > "drivers only for Vista" and that in Q2 Windows Vista IHV support will be
> > offered. I'm just trying to determine if there is another method for
> > tunring
> > the card on.
> >
> > Thanx
> >
> > "koze" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you tried "diagnose" from the netwerk center?
> >> Ko.
> >>
> >> "gmasson" <gmasson@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> >> newsF44333A-722C-44D6-8128-A292980D1240@microsoft.com...

koze

Re: Intel PRo/Wireless 2200bg card
Do you have a BIOS option to enable the card? If the button doesn't work an
there is no other option there is a real problem.

> This a no name laptop. LM2W is the part number on the bottom. I think it's
> FIC laptop of some sort. There is a button on the top of the bezel next to
> power button that indicates wireless however it does not seem to do
> anything
> constructive.
>
> "koze" wrote:
>
>> Is this a build in Wireless NIC? Isn't there a switch somewhere.
>> I do know Toshiba has a very small switch at the front to set power to
>> the
>> card. What is the brand of the laptop?
>>
>> Ko
>> "gmasson" <gmasson@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
>> > Yes I have. The response from the system is to turn on the wireless
>> > card.
>> > Either by a switch on the machine itself ( there is none ) or via a
>> > software
>> > switch. Which normally is supplied by the card vendor. The Intel site
>> > states
>> > "drivers only for Vista" and that in Q2 Windows Vista IHV support will
>> > be
>> > offered. I'm just trying to determine if there is another method for
>> > tunring
>> > the card on.
>> >
>> > Thanx

=?Utf-8?B?Y2xvYWtlZHBlZ2FzdXM=?=

Re: Intel PRo/Wireless 2200bg card
the intel pro 2200bg card that you have should not need any drivers or
applications outside of the drivers that are automatically provided by vista.
If enabled by your bios and you have it enabled by either a switch or
keyboard combination, it should "simply work"

"koze" wrote:

> Do you have a BIOS option to enable the card? If the button doesn't work an
> there is no other option there is a real problem.
>
> Ko
>
> "gmasson" <gmasson@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> > This a no name laptop. LM2W is the part number on the bottom. I think it's
> > FIC laptop of some sort. There is a button on the top of the bezel next to
> > power button that indicates wireless however it does not seem to do
> > anything
> > constructive.
> >
> > "koze" wrote:
> >
> >> Is this a build in Wireless NIC? Isn't there a switch somewhere.
> >> I do know Toshiba has a very small switch at the front to set power to
> >> the
> >> card. What is the brand of the laptop?
> >>
> >> Ko
> >> "gmasson" <gmasson@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

shaun

2200BG
I am having the same problem with my FIC WB-B55 laptop. It has an Intel 2200BG Card installed, my system has a hardware switch to turn the radio on however it dos not function under windows vista. Windows knows that the NIC is installed however there appears to be no other way to turn it on.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
rste

Re: Intel PRo/Wireless 2200bg card

I have exactly the same problem with a Medion MD42200 Laptop.
The wireless button on the front left of the laptop does not activate
wireless when running Windows Vista Ultimate.
I have tried numerous drivers, none of which seem to work.
I re-installed XP, and WLAN drivers and everything was OK again.
Is there any other way of enabling wireless on such laptops running
Vista, or has anyone successfully overcome this problem?

Thanks,

--
rste
rste's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=23210

http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?REFsb25zbw==?=

Re: Intel PRo/Wireless 2200bg card
The issue I have which would proabbly fix the problems for all of you would
be for the mobility center to work properly. If you look at all Vista promos
the mobility center has a built in function to turn turn the wireless radio
on or off.

In my case with the Intel 2200, it's working properly but instead of having
the feature to turn wireless radio off to save power it simply states network
center. If it worked properly for you guys as well I suspect the feature
would say turn wireless on.

I've spoken with Microsoft and they have no clue via their tech support. The
feature existed for me on initial install and then went away after a reboot.
So for I think we are SOL.

In case you are asking I've used the Microsoft Vista drivers dated 6/2006
that shipped in the Vista DVD, and used the Intel drivers that shipped
1/10/2007 and 1/19/2007. Still no avail. Just to be safe I also used OEM
drivers from Dell and that was based on the Intel drivers from 1/10/2007 and
still didn't work either.