Erratic Mouse Behavior with Vista Upgrade

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FuY2Vy?=

Erratic Mouse Behavior with Vista Upgrade
I recently moved from XP-Pro to Vista Ultimate (32-bit) and have been running
into a frequent and very annoying problem with my mouse (Logitech MX 1000
Laser, direct USB Connection). At random intervals of moving the cursor, it
will literally skip to the corners of my screen and hug the edges of the
display. I assumed it was a driver issue, and so I updated SetPoint to no
avail. My next thought was to change USB ports, which didn't work, and then
even went as far as updating my BIOS/FlashBIOS just to make sure that my
Mother Board was not the issue. I'm running out of ideas here -- the mouse
works fine on other computers, and I'm currently in the process of trying
another mouse in this computer to see if a PS/2 mouse has the same problems
as my USB mouse.
Drew

Re: Erratic Mouse Behavior with Vista Upgrade
To this I add ..Yes I have the same mouse and the exact same problem with it
jumping occasionally...I have been searching for the answer myself so if you
find out Please post
"Cancer" <Cancer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently moved from XP-Pro to Vista Ultimate (32-bit) and have been
>running
> into a frequent and very annoying problem with my mouse (Logitech MX 1000
> Laser, direct USB Connection). At random intervals of moving the cursor,
> it
> will literally skip to the corners of my screen and hug the edges of the
> display. I assumed it was a driver issue, and so I updated SetPoint to no
> avail. My next thought was to change USB ports, which didn't work, and
> then
> even went as far as updating my BIOS/FlashBIOS just to make sure that my
> Mother Board was not the issue. I'm running out of ideas here -- the
> mouse
> works fine on other computers, and I'm currently in the process of trying
> another mouse in this computer to see if a PS/2 mouse has the same
> problems
> as my USB mouse.

Darren Greenwald

Cancer wrote:
> I recently moved from XP-Pro to Vista Ultimate (32-bit) and have been running
> into a frequent and very annoying problem with my mouse (Logitech MX 1000
> Laser, direct USB Connection). At random intervals of moving the cursor, it
> will literally skip to the corners of my screen and hug the edges of the
> display. I assumed it was a driver issue, and so I updated SetPoint to no
> avail. My next thought was to change USB ports, which didn't work, and then
> even went as far as updating my BIOS/FlashBIOS just to make sure that my
> Mother Board was not the issue. I'm running out of ideas here -- the mouse
> works fine on other computers, and I'm currently in the process of trying
> another mouse in this computer to see if a PS/2 mouse has the same problems
> as my USB mouse.

If I recall, when I bought my Logitech MX 1000 it had this very same
problem under XP. Exactly as you describe, the mouse pointer would
randomly jump to the corner of the screen. While Logitech "fixed it"
(what I would call a kludge) in their driver, I considered this to be a
bug with the mouse and so returned mine (since it should work acceptably
using the built-in XP driver, and I prefer running a system with as
little extra junk utilities as possible). My guess is that whatever
Logitech did to kludge around the problem isn't working under Vista.