My sound blaster live, worked, but is not working anymore

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyY28=?=

My sound blaster live, worked, but is not working anymore
Hi. I have a previous instalation of windows vista business. And my Sound
Blaster Live worked ok without the game port.

I had to format my disk. So I installed vista again, but now the windows
vista cannot install my Sound Blaster Live.

Is there any generic drivers for this?

Marco
dev

Re: My sound blaster live, worked, but is not working anymore
/Marco/ said:

> Hi. I have a previous installation of windows vista business. And my Sound
> Blaster Live worked ok without the game port.
>
> I had to format my disk. So I installed vista again, but now the windows
> vista cannot install my Sound Blaster Live.

If the original drivers (on your disk) do not work, check here...
http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/
=?Utf-8?B?bWlraw==?=

"Marco" wrote:

> Hi. I have a previous instalation of windows vista business. And my Sound
> Blaster Live worked ok without the game port.
>
> I had to format my disk. So I installed vista again, but now the windows
> vista cannot install my Sound Blaster Live.

Sound Blaster Live drivers are automatically downloaded and installed from
Windows Update, as you connect to Internet.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyY28=?=

RE: My sound blaster live, worked, but is not working anymore
Hi guys,

It seems that Creative Sound Blaster don't want to develope drivers for my
Sound Card. I had lucky, yesterday I tried o install it again. So I told
Visto to look for drivers im my old XP instalation and Vista found some WDM
driver. and it's workin. It even found the driver for the game port, but it
seems that the game port require a lot of CPU resources.

Regards,
marco

"mikk" wrote:

> "Marco" wrote:
>
> > Hi. I have a previous instalation of windows vista business. And my Sound
> > Blaster Live worked ok without the game port.
> >
> > I had to format my disk. So I installed vista again, but now the windows
> > vista cannot install my Sound Blaster Live.

> Sound Blaster Live drivers are automatically downloaded and installed from
> Windows Update, as you connect to Internet.

=?Utf-8?B?Y3Jlcw==?=

"Marco" wrote:

> Hi guys,
>

> It seems that Creative Sound Blaster don't want to develope drivers for my
> Sound Card. I had lucky, yesterday I tried o install it again. So I told
> Visto to look for drivers im my old XP instalation and Vista found some WDM
> driver. and it's workin. It even found the driver for the game port, but it
> seems that the game port require a lot of CPU resources.
>
> Regards,
> marco

Hello Marco, the problem is that windows Vista don't recognize 5.1
Sourround function, anly stereo sound. A great disadvantage for you.

I hope to find a drivers that working fine, with 5.1 sound.
Microsoft, at the moment don´t give support for correct drivers...
=?Utf-8?B?TWFyY28=?=

RE: My sound blaster live, worked, but is not working anymore
Do you know why Microsoft did that? Isn't suppose all the future sound all be
5.1 or higher?

Marco

"cres" wrote:

> "Marco" wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >

> > It seems that Creative Sound Blaster don't want to develope drivers for my
> > Sound Card. I had lucky, yesterday I tried o install it again. So I told
> > Visto to look for drivers im my old XP instalation and Vista found some WDM
> > driver. and it's workin. It even found the driver for the game port, but it
> > seems that the game port require a lot of CPU resources.
> >
> > Regards,
> > marco
> >

> Hello Marco, the problem is that windows Vista don't recognize 5.1
> Sourround function, anly stereo sound. A great disadvantage for you.
>
> I hope to find a drivers that working fine, with 5.1 sound.
> Microsoft, at the moment don´t give support for correct drivers...

=?Utf-8?B?Y3Jlcw==?=

RE: My sound blaster live, worked, but is not working anymore
Hello Marco, I don´t know why Microsoft didn't include drivers on win
Vista, when He did ii with Win XP...

Althought the responsability is from Creative who should give support for
his clients, on my opinion, also Microsoft could do any effort (I think
little) by doing thinks right, complete, because sound blaster live work but
in stereo, not on 5.1 configuration.

I think if you change O.S. from Win XP to Win Vista, You have to say good
bye your great Sound Blaster live ! 5.1 (5.1 sound configuration), and you
will be forced to buy a new one to use 5.1.

"Marco" wrote:

> Do you know why Microsoft did that? Isn't suppose all the future sound all be
> 5.1 or higher?
>
> Marco
>

> "cres" wrote:
>

> > "Marco" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi guys,
> > >

> > > It seems that Creative Sound Blaster don't want to develope drivers for my
> > > Sound Card. I had lucky, yesterday I tried o install it again. So I told
> > > Visto to look for drivers im my old XP instalation and Vista found some WDM
> > > driver. and it's workin. It even found the driver for the game port, but it
> > > seems that the game port require a lot of CPU resources.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > marco
> > >

> > Hello Marco, the problem is that windows Vista don't recognize 5.1
> > Sourround function, anly stereo sound. A great disadvantage for you.
> >
> > I hope to find a drivers that working fine, with 5.1 sound.
> > Microsoft, at the moment don´t give support for correct drivers...

=?Utf-8?B?Y3Jlcw==?=

RE: My sound blaster live, worked, but is not working anymore
Still you do not say good bye your Sound Blaster Live 5.1 ! ! !

I had been searching to many web pages and I found a big solution for our
devices:

Kx Project ! ! ! with Eugene Gavrilov, Lead Programmer and Coordinator.

They develop drivers for many Sound Blaster devices like Live 5.1. This
allows that "Live!" works on Windows Vista as 5.1 Sound: 5 speakers and
subwoofer.

I had tried them on Windows Vista and they works fine! I have already to
doing many test but it is wonderful!

Here are the links to download the Kx drivers:

At the moment, the last version is 3538m, and previous build is: 3538l
released (this is I tried it).

Link:
http://www.driverheaven.net/general-...-released.html

Sound Blaster compatibility list:

Link: http://kb.kxproject.lugosoft.com/list.html

kX Resources and Support Documentation:

Link:
http://www.driverheaven.net/kx-proje...mentation.html

I hope that it serves you as aid to all ! ! !

Good luck!