Vista doesn't recognize Travel Drive

=?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXNM?=

Vista doesn't recognize Travel Drive
I have a Memorex U3 Travel Drive. Vista sees the drive in My Computer [both
the install files and the data folder (not the contents)]. However I cannot
access the drive. Took it out and tried it in old XP machine---fine. I
contacted Memorex and they said they didn't have updated drivers and my never
have them for this device. Any ideas?????

jlatour2002@msn.com
Rafal Kubiak

Re: Vista doesn't recognize Travel Drive
> I have a Memorex U3 Travel Drive. Vista sees the drive in My Computer
> [both
> the install files and the data folder (not the contents)]. However I
> cannot
> access the drive. Took it out and tried it in old XP machine---fine. I
> contacted Memorex and they said they didn't have updated drivers and my
> never
> have them for this device. Any ideas?????

I'm seriously scared that MS does not care about our Storage Devices in
Windows Vista. I won fight with my new 4GB Pendrive which don't want to work
with Vista (any other system including any Linux has no problem to recognize
it!). I've just installed driver from XP. Try to reinstall driver with this
procedure.
Just place in some location usbsor.inf from INF directory from Windows XP
and usbstor.sys from Windows\System32\drivers from XP. In the same directory
place volume.inf and volume.sys from Windows Vista. And then try to install
drivers once again pointing to folder where you placed this files.

=?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXNM?=

Re: Vista doesn't recognize Travel Drive
Thanks for the info...but that didn't make the slightest sense to me...sorry...

"Rafal Kubiak" wrote:

> > I have a Memorex U3 Travel Drive. Vista sees the drive in My Computer
> > [both
> > the install files and the data folder (not the contents)]. However I
> > cannot
> > access the drive. Took it out and tried it in old XP machine---fine. I
> > contacted Memorex and they said they didn't have updated drivers and my
> > never
> > have them for this device. Any ideas?????

> I'm seriously scared that MS does not care about our Storage Devices in
> Windows Vista. I won fight with my new 4GB Pendrive which don't want to work
> with Vista (any other system including any Linux has no problem to recognize
> it!). I've just installed driver from XP. Try to reinstall driver with this
> procedure.
> Just place in some location usbsor.inf from INF directory from Windows XP
> and usbstor.sys from Windows\System32\drivers from XP. In the same directory
> place volume.inf and volume.sys from Windows Vista. And then try to install
> drivers once again pointing to folder where you placed this files.

BigJim

Re: Vista doesn't recognize Travel Drive
I am using a Memorex travel drive also, one gig and it works fine. I don't
know if it the U3 version, it was cheap.

"JamesL" <jalatour@telus.net> wrote in message
>I have a Memorex U3 Travel Drive. Vista sees the drive in My Computer
>[both
> the install files and the data folder (not the contents)]. However I
> cannot
> access the drive. Took it out and tried it in old XP machine---fine. I
> contacted Memorex and they said they didn't have updated drivers and my
> never
> have them for this device. Any ideas?????
>
> jlatour2002@msn.com

Devasx

Re: Vista doesn't recognize Travel Drive
U3 versions below 1.4 do not work with Vista. If you only want the memory
from the drive you can put it into a XP machine, copy your data off of it,
format it (removing the U3 software) and copy your data back. Then, in Vista
it should look like any other removable drive.

http://u3user.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/u...hp?p_faqid=193

"JamesL" <jalatour@telus.net> wrote in message
>I have a Memorex U3 Travel Drive. Vista sees the drive in My Computer
>[both
> the install files and the data folder (not the contents)]. However I
> cannot
> access the drive. Took it out and tried it in old XP machine---fine. I
> contacted Memorex and they said they didn't have updated drivers and my
> never
> have them for this device. Any ideas?????
>
> jlatour2002@msn.com

=?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXNM?=

Re: Vista doesn't recognize Travel Drive
Hi There,

I was able to reformat only a portion of the drive. I have copied all my
files to my PC and reformatted drive "TRAVELDRIVE G", but because the "U3
system files" is "read only" I can't format them. Do you know the way around
that?

Thanks,

You can reply directly if you like to jlatour2002@msn.com or post here.