HP Scanjet 2200

RTadeu

HP Scanjet 2200
I've an old workhorse scanner from HP (Scanjet 2200). It's been working
flawlessly since Win98 and has stopped to work since I've upgraded from XP to
Vista.
As, unfortunately to HP, I do not plan to spend money on a new scanner I do
not need, does anyone know of any way or circumvention to make it work under
Vista? Something like making WIA and TWAIN co-exist in harmony in the same
machine?
Thanks in advance for any tips or clues.
--
Roberto Tadeu
Cal Bear '66

Re: HP Scanjet 2200
I have a 5470c HP scanner that is not "supported" by HP under Vista.

However, I did get the XP drivers to install TWAIN drivers and the HP scanning
software works very well. However, Windows Fax and Scan, requiring WIA, does
not recognize the scanner.

Some thing to try:

1. Right click on the scanner install file and select "Run as Administrator"
2. Right click on the scanner install file and select Properties, on the
Compatibility tab, select XP SP2
3. Once installed, right click on the HP scanning executable, Properties,
Compatibility tab, XP SP2
4. Once installed, right click on the HP scanning executable, and select "Run as
Administrator"

Good luck.

You might also look into Vue Scan (use Google) to see if your scanner is
supported.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"RTadeu" <RTadeu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've an old workhorse scanner from HP (Scanjet 2200). It's been working
> flawlessly since Win98 and has stopped to work since I've upgraded from XP to
> Vista.
> As, unfortunately to HP, I do not plan to spend money on a new scanner I do
> not need, does anyone know of any way or circumvention to make it work under
> Vista? Something like making WIA and TWAIN co-exist in harmony in the same
> machine?
> Thanks in advance for any tips or clues.
> --
> Roberto Tadeu

RTadeu

Re: HP Scanjet 2200
Thanks a lot Bear!
I'll try your suggestions and let you know about it.

--
Roberto Tadeu

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> I have a 5470c HP scanner that is not "supported" by HP under Vista.
>
> However, I did get the XP drivers to install TWAIN drivers and the HP scanning
> software works very well. However, Windows Fax and Scan, requiring WIA, does
> not recognize the scanner.
>
> Some thing to try:
>
> 1. Right click on the scanner install file and select "Run as Administrator"
> 2. Right click on the scanner install file and select Properties, on the
> Compatibility tab, select XP SP2
> 3. Once installed, right click on the HP scanning executable, Properties,
> Compatibility tab, XP SP2
> 4. Once installed, right click on the HP scanning executable, and select "Run as
> Administrator"
>
> Good luck.
>
> You might also look into Vue Scan (use Google) to see if your scanner is
> supported.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "RTadeu" <RTadeu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've an old workhorse scanner from HP (Scanjet 2200). It's been working
> > flawlessly since Win98 and has stopped to work since I've upgraded from XP to
> > Vista.
> > As, unfortunately to HP, I do not plan to spend money on a new scanner I do
> > not need, does anyone know of any way or circumvention to make it work under
> > Vista? Something like making WIA and TWAIN co-exist in harmony in the same
> > machine?
> > Thanks in advance for any tips or clues.
> > --
> > Roberto Tadeu

PTravel

Re: HP Scanjet 2200

"RTadeu" <RTadeu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've an old workhorse scanner from HP (Scanjet 2200). It's been working
> flawlessly since Win98 and has stopped to work since I've upgraded from XP
> Vista.
> As, unfortunately to HP, I do not plan to spend money on a new scanner I
> do
> not need, does anyone know of any way or circumvention to make it work
> under
> Vista? Something like making WIA and TWAIN co-exist in harmony in the same
> machine?
> Thanks in advance for any tips or clues.

VueScan scanning software includes Vista-compatible drivers for hundreds of
scanners, including the older HP scanners. I got an old HP 4C working fine
by installing VueScan. Even the old HP diagnostic and copy utilites work
great, now on my Vista Business laptop.