Vista 64's digital signatureing!

Letsplayskatch

Vista 64's digital signatureing!

Hello all!
Ive recently put together a new PC for myself. It has an ASUS M2N-E
Motherboard which needs its drivers installed. When I put the CD in to
install the drivers, Vista says 'Cant execute Kernel Mode Driver
Service' and complains the Disc doesnt have a Digital Signature. This
is the same CD which came with my Motherboard, from ASUS.
Is there a way round this, as its doing my head in! I need to install
this mobo before anything else - so im still kind of PC-less!
Cheers,
Scott
PS - Ive got Vista Ultimate if that helps

--
Letsplayskatch
Derek meier

Re: Vista 64's digital signatureing!
Chances are there are no vista drivers on that CD and probably not x64 vista
WHQL certified drivers. Go to nnvidias web site to download drivers for you
the nvidia chipset your mobo uses. http://www.nvidia.com

"Letsplayskatch" <Letsplayskatch.2mmgr7@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Hello all!
> Ive recently put together a new PC for myself. It has an ASUS M2N-E
> Motherboard which needs its drivers installed. When I put the CD in to
> install the drivers, Vista says 'Cant execute Kernel Mode Driver
> Service' and complains the Disc doesnt have a Digital Signature. This
> is the same CD which came with my Motherboard, from ASUS.
> Is there a way round this, as its doing my head in! I need to install
> this mobo before anything else - so im still kind of PC-less!
> Cheers,
> Scott
> PS - Ive got Vista Ultimate if that helps
>

> --
> Letsplayskatch

Letsplayskatch

Re: Vista 64's digital signatureing!

Cheers for the reply!
The motherboard is Vista Premium 'ready' and is apparently 'fully 64bit
compatible' say ASUS, so there shouldnt be any compatability issues
really.
I still need to be able to get round the problem of the digital
signature. Is there a way through Command Prompt to turn it off? I read
somewhere that there was.

On my mobo box it says 'Vista Premium ready. Official driver to be
realesed after vista launch'. Worrying? My CD opens up to its welcome
splash, but doesnt load its menus before Vista kicks in and closes it.
So the CD is fine in terms of scratches etc. It seems to be just Vista
kicking in about its whole Piracy/secure contnet thing with the Digital
Signature.

As for the NVidia card, thats my on-board graphics. Vista has dumbed
down some aspects of itself until I get my proper gfx card working (ATI
PowerColor Radeon X1950 512MB Pro Extreme), such as Aero and its not
letting me run a screen saver. Id like the motherboard sorted before I
install other periferals, etc

Thanks again!
Scott

--
Letsplayskatch
Derek meier

Re: Vista 64's digital signatureing!
The motherboard uses an nvidia chipset you should be able to download
drivers @ nvdias web site. You should be able to get drivers for the
onboards sound. Make sure you get the x64vista drivers and you should be
fine. If you download the drivers from Nvidia they should be certified so
you do not need to turn off the digital signatures.

"Letsplayskatch" <Letsplayskatch.2mmonf@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Cheers for the reply!
> The motherboard is Vista Premium 'ready' and is apparently 'fully 64bit
> compatible' say ASUS, so there shouldnt be any compatability issues
> really.
> I still need to be able to get round the problem of the digital
> signature. Is there a way through Command Prompt to turn it off? I read
> somewhere that there was.
>
> On my mobo box it says 'Vista Premium ready. Official driver to be
> realesed after vista launch'. Worrying? My CD opens up to its welcome
> splash, but doesnt load its menus before Vista kicks in and closes it.
> So the CD is fine in terms of scratches etc. It seems to be just Vista
> kicking in about its whole Piracy/secure contnet thing with the Digital
> Signature.
>
> As for the NVidia card, thats my on-board graphics. Vista has dumbed
> down some aspects of itself until I get my proper gfx card working (ATI
> PowerColor Radeon X1950 512MB Pro Extreme), such as Aero and its not
> letting me run a screen saver. Id like the motherboard sorted before I
> install other periferals, etc
>
> Thanks again!
> Scott
>

> --
> Letsplayskatch

Letsplayskatch

Re: Vista 64's digital signatureing!

Hey again! Thanks for the advice
Ive had a look on the nVidia website as you said to, and I selected
what I believe to be the driver suited for my system config - but its
not installing.
What I did was: I downloaded the driver to my laptop and put it on a
usb key so my PC could upload it from that.But, it wouldnt work!
Could someone please be so kind as to point me in the right direction
as to how to get all the necessary drivers I need to use this mobo? E.G
links to the necessary drivers? Is it just sound and gfx drivers I need?

Regards!
Scott

--
Letsplayskatch
Steve Jain

Re: Vista 64's digital signatureing!
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:12:37 -0600, Letsplayskatch
<Letsplayskatch.2mn8zl@no-mx.forums.net> wrote:

>Hey again! Thanks for the advice
>Ive had a look on the nVidia website as you said to, and I selected
>what I believe to be the driver suited for my system config - but its
>not installing.
>What I did was: I downloaded the driver to my laptop and put it on a
>usb key so my PC could upload it from that.But, it wouldnt work!
>Could someone please be so kind as to point me in the right direction
>as to how to get all the necessary drivers I need to use this mobo? E.G
>links to the necessary drivers? Is it just sound and gfx drivers I need?
>
>Regards!
>Scott

You have an nForce 570 chipset, you should download the 64bit Vista
drivers for it. From start here==>Platform/nForce Drivers==>nForce
570... AMD==>Windows Vista 64-bit.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_...a64_15.00.html

There's no way around the x64 driver signing, unless you go back to
32bit Vista.

You'll need to run the download on the system and reboot.
As previously mentioned, you'll need to go to each manufacturer's
website and get the latest x64 Vista drivers and install them.

Also, if you can give more info instead of "it wouldn't work" will
probably help solve your problems faster.

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP