Logitech MX5000 + Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers

=?Utf-8?B?TmlnaHRvd2w0OTMz?=

Logitech MX5000 + Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers
I've just carried out a fresh install of Vista Ultimate, and successfully
installed the Logitech MX5000 bluetooth keyboard - to a point!

I'm now trying to use the bluetooth dongle to connect my Nokia N73 phone to
synchronise it with Outlook, which it seems to do, but I keep getting a "New
hardware found" message for "Bluetooth peripheral device" requiring a driver,
but neither the hardware disk nor the Vista disk have the drivers on them.

Logitech Setpoint works, as does the Nokia PC Suite, but I don;t know what
the other devices refer to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael Price

Re: Logitech MX5000 + Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers
You need a driver for the Nokia phone that works with Vista

"Nightowl4933" <Nightowl4933@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just carried out a fresh install of Vista Ultimate, and successfully
> installed the Logitech MX5000 bluetooth keyboard - to a point!
>
> I'm now trying to use the bluetooth dongle to connect my Nokia N73 phone
> synchronise it with Outlook, which it seems to do, but I keep getting a
> "New
> hardware found" message for "Bluetooth peripheral device" requiring a
> driver,
> but neither the hardware disk nor the Vista disk have the drivers on them.
>
> Logitech Setpoint works, as does the Nokia PC Suite, but I don;t know what
> the other devices refer to.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you,

=?Utf-8?B?TmlnaHRvd2w0OTMz?=

Re: Logitech MX5000 + Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers
Ah, but in Device Manager it shows both phones as portable devices - or is
that something different (it sounds it now I;ve written it here!)

"Michael Price" wrote:

> You need a driver for the Nokia phone that works with Vista
>
> "Nightowl4933" <Nightowl4933@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've just carried out a fresh install of Vista Ultimate, and successfully
> > installed the Logitech MX5000 bluetooth keyboard - to a point!
> >
> > I'm now trying to use the bluetooth dongle to connect my Nokia N73 phone
> > synchronise it with Outlook, which it seems to do, but I keep getting a
> > "New
> > hardware found" message for "Bluetooth peripheral device" requiring a
> > driver,
> > but neither the hardware disk nor the Vista disk have the drivers on them.
> >
> > Logitech Setpoint works, as does the Nokia PC Suite, but I don;t know what
> > the other devices refer to.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you,

=?Utf-8?B?UmljaCBDdW5uaW5naGFt?=

RE: Logitech MX5000 + Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers
Are you truly connected via BT? I have seen on the Logitech website that many
people cannot get the BT function to work with Vista (works fine as a
wireless but no BT). That is because Logitech did not include the Widcomm
drivers for the BT receiver with the latest Setpoint software, deciding
instead to use the embedded MS ones. That doesn't work too well. I have not
been able to get my keyboard to connect at all via BT but okay wirelessly. I
go into BT devices and no receiver is there? Were you able to pair the
keyboard and mouse to the computer?

"Nightowl4933" wrote:

> I've just carried out a fresh install of Vista Ultimate, and successfully
> installed the Logitech MX5000 bluetooth keyboard - to a point!
>
> I'm now trying to use the bluetooth dongle to connect my Nokia N73 phone to
> synchronise it with Outlook, which it seems to do, but I keep getting a "New
> hardware found" message for "Bluetooth peripheral device" requiring a driver,
> but neither the hardware disk nor the Vista disk have the drivers on them.
>
> Logitech Setpoint works, as does the Nokia PC Suite, but I don;t know what
> the other devices refer to.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you,

Jarhead

Re: Logitech MX5000 + Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers

"Rich Cunningham" <RichCunningham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:6926C34E-AC81-4D47-88F1-D03FE9951197@microsoft.com...
> Are you truly connected via BT? I have seen on the Logitech website that
> many
> people cannot get the BT function to work with Vista (works fine as a
> wireless but no BT). That is because Logitech did not include the Widcomm
> drivers for the BT receiver with the latest Setpoint software, deciding
> instead to use the embedded MS ones. That doesn't work too well. I have
> not
> been able to get my keyboard to connect at all via BT but okay wirelessly.
> go into BT devices and no receiver is there? Were you able to pair the
> keyboard and mouse to the computer?
>

> "Nightowl4933" wrote:
>
>> I've just carried out a fresh install of Vista Ultimate, and successfully
>> installed the Logitech MX5000 bluetooth keyboard - to a point!
>>
>> I'm now trying to use the bluetooth dongle to connect my Nokia N73 phone
>> synchronise it with Outlook, which it seems to do, but I keep getting a
>> "New
>> hardware found" message for "Bluetooth peripheral device" requiring a
>> driver,
>> but neither the hardware disk nor the Vista disk have the drivers on
>> them.
>>
>> Logitech Setpoint works, as does the Nokia PC Suite, but I don;t know
>> what
>> the other devices refer to.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you,

I use the MX5000 set on Vista Ultimate and it works fine for me on BT...

=?Utf-8?B?TmlnaHRvd2w0OTMz?=

RE: Logitech MX5000 + Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers
I'm the same as Jarhead now - everything works well including the N73. I'm
not even sure how I did it, but it may have something to do with having
Samsungs version installed at the same time?

Just a thought...