Wireless internet

=?Utf-8?B?c2M=?=

Wireless internet
I just bought a new computer with Vista on it. I have a laptop running XP.
I hooked my wireless router up to my Vista machine and I can't seem to get on
the internet with my laptop. I had no problem with my old desktop that was
running windows XP. I've had some people tell me that Vista has trouble with
the wireless routers. Is this correct? Will an update be coming out soon to
fix this problem? Is there some thing I can do?

Thanks for any help
sc
jra41

Re: Wireless internet
No problems here. Using 2 xp laptops and linksys wireless router.
Purchased new machine with Vista, recognized wireless network, keyed in
password and no problems.
I have Toshiba satellite machine.

"sc" <sc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a new computer with Vista on it. I have a laptop running XP.
> I hooked my wireless router up to my Vista machine and I can't seem to get
> on
> the internet with my laptop. I had no problem with my old desktop that
> was
> running windows XP. I've had some people tell me that Vista has trouble
> with
> the wireless routers. Is this correct? Will an update be coming out soon
> fix this problem? Is there some thing I can do?
>
> Thanks for any help
> sc

=?Utf-8?B?YWNlbG9ja21hbg==?=

RE: Wireless internet

"sc" wrote:

> I just bought a new computer with Vista on it. I have a laptop running XP.
> I hooked my wireless router up to my Vista machine and I can't seem to get on
> the internet with my laptop. I had no problem with my old desktop that was
> running windows XP. I've had some people tell me that Vista has trouble with
> the wireless routers. Is this correct? Will an update be coming out soon to
> fix this problem? Is there some thing I can do?
>
> Thanks for any help
> sc

I have the same problem!
I need some help as well
=?Utf-8?B?YWNlbG9ja21hbg==?=

RE: Wireless internet

"sc" wrote:

> I just bought a new computer with Vista on it. I have a laptop running XP.
> I hooked my wireless router up to my Vista machine and I can't seem to get on
> the internet with my laptop. I had no problem with my old desktop that was
> running windows XP. I've had some people tell me that Vista has trouble with
> the wireless routers. Is this correct? Will an update be coming out soon to
> fix this problem? Is there some thing I can do?
>
> Thanks for any help
> sc

I can not connect to internet with vista at all! I am using a cable modem
with broadband with a new laptop. Talk Talk told me its not possible to
connect to the internet! using vista. What can I do? I can not use the
laptop at all at the moment.
Gary VanderMolen

Re: Wireless internet
Vista works great with wireless connections.
There should be an icon for your wireless connection in the
lower right corner, close to where the time is displayed.
Right-click on it and select "Connect to a network."
You might be able to figure it out from there. If not,
tell us what you see there.

Gary VanderMolen

"acelockman" <acelockman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13749017-F20A-4ED2-9C5A-B233EAFFA7A1@microsoft.com...

> I can not connect to internet with vista at all! I am using a cable modem
> with broadband with a new laptop. Talk Talk told me its not possible to
> connect to the internet! using vista. What can I do? I can not use the
> laptop at all at the moment.

Gary VanderMolen

Re: Wireless internet
Vista has a problem with the SPI function in some routers.
If your router has SPI, see if that function can be turned off.

Gary VanderMolen

"sc" <sc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77B13BA1-D2CE-4AD6-8CBD-8E5763E3663A@microsoft.com...
>I just bought a new computer with Vista on it. I have a laptop running XP.
> I hooked my wireless router up to my Vista machine and I can't seem to get on
> the internet with my laptop. I had no problem with my old desktop that was
> running windows XP. I've had some people tell me that Vista has trouble with
> the wireless routers. Is this correct? Will an update be coming out soon to
> fix this problem? Is there some thing I can do?

=?Utf-8?B?QW5uIEtZ?=

Re: Wireless internet
I just upgraded to Vista a few weeks ago. Was able to get on the internet
wireless... then when I kept loosing my connection and compusa told me it was
because I didn't have my encryption turned on.... I tried to set up a WPA-PSK
and I am getting a pop up saying it doen't recognize my Key and that I can
get it from the person that set it up. (Me!) How can I reset this?

also.... when I click on the Belkin g wireless card icon, I get a pop up
saying "WLANSTAT configuration Utility has stopped working.
A Problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Help!
Ann