Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard integrated soundcard

David J Haslett

Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard integrated soundcard
I am looking for some Vista drivers for the integrated soundcard on the
above motherboard, can anyone help?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard integrated soundcard
Visit http://www.realtek.com.tw/default.aspx to download
the latest Windows Vista drivers for the Realtek audio chipset.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"David J Haslett" wrote:

I am looking for some Vista drivers for the integrated soundcard on the
above motherboard, can anyone help?

chris_spv

Re: Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard integrated soundcard
do you not think that if this person cant find the drivers how the hell are
they gonna find the drivers on that site without a direct link for the
download page

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Visit http://www.realtek.com.tw/default.aspx to download
> the latest Windows Vista drivers for the Realtek audio chipset.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "David J Haslett" wrote:
>
> I am looking for some Vista drivers for the integrated soundcard on the
> above motherboard, can anyone help?

skeevee

Re: Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard integrated soundcard

I've got the same board and I did download the Realtek drivers which
installed successfully and worked perfectly. Only after rebooting a few
times, the driver all of a sudden disappeared. I tried to re-install
which worked fine again for a few days until after doing it successfully
10 times, this time the driver install failed saying "No driver was
supported in this package". I fiddled around for some time trying to
update the driver from the device manager and all kinds of other stuff.
Nothing worked.

Then on 11/8, Realtek release a new version of the driver, version
1.81. I downloaded it and voila, it installed fine and worked great,
only that after a few reboots, the above repeated itself on this version
of the driver.

Now I am without sounds again and I have no idea, how to force Vista to
accept the Realtek driver instead of the MS one. Once installed, both
drivers are called "High Definition Audio Device", but only the Realtek
version has ever worked for me.

Thanks,
Skeevee

--
skeevee
chris_spv

Re: Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard integrated soundcard

i have found that the soundcard drivers work for another board, if anyone
wants it i can upload it onto yousendit.com and then can email it to anyone

"chris_spv" wrote:

> do you not think that if this person cant find the drivers how the hell are
> they gonna find the drivers on that site without a direct link for the
> download page
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Visit http://www.realtek.com.tw/default.aspx to download
> > the latest Windows Vista drivers for the Realtek audio chipset.
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Shell/User

> > "David J Haslett" wrote:
> >
> > I am looking for some Vista drivers for the integrated soundcard on the
> > above motherboard, can anyone help?

chris_spv

Re: Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard integrated soundcard
i have found a driver that works really well if you email me ill email it to
you via yousendit.com

"skeevee" wrote:

> I've got the same board and I did download the Realtek drivers which
> installed successfully and worked perfectly. Only after rebooting a few
> times, the driver all of a sudden disappeared. I tried to re-install
> which worked fine again for a few days until after doing it successfully
> 10 times, this time the driver install failed saying "No driver was
> supported in this package". I fiddled around for some time trying to
> update the driver from the device manager and all kinds of other stuff.
> Nothing worked.
>
> Then on 11/8, Realtek release a new version of the driver, version
> 1.81. I downloaded it and voila, it installed fine and worked great,
> only that after a few reboots, the above repeated itself on this version
> of the driver.
>
> Now I am without sounds again and I have no idea, how to force Vista to
> accept the Realtek driver instead of the MS one. Once installed, both
> drivers are called "High Definition Audio Device", but only the Realtek
> version has ever worked for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Skeevee
>

> --
> skeevee

Ryaren

Re: Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard integrated soundcard

Hello!

What is your e-mail address? I really would like to that driver what is
working, because I haven't any sound in my PC since I installed Vista.

--
Ryaren
PD43

Re: Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard integrated soundcard
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 03:51:55 -0500, Ryaren <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>Hello!
>
>What is your e-mail address? I really would like to that driver what is
>working, because I haven't any sound in my PC since I installed Vista.

The post you are replying to is SEVEN MONTHS OLD, doofus.

And the person who wrote it hasn't been seen or heard from on Usenet
since that post was made.

You vistax64 users are really a bunch of morons.
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard integrated soundcard
Oh now, PD, we are no such thing.

"PD43" <pauld1943@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 03:51:55 -0500, Ryaren <guest@unknown-email.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Hello!
>>
>>What is your e-mail address? I really would like to that driver what is
>>working, because I haven't any sound in my PC since I installed Vista.

> The post you are replying to is SEVEN MONTHS OLD, doofus.
>
> And the person who wrote it hasn't been seen or heard from on Usenet
> since that post was made.
>
> You vistax64 users are really a bunch of morons.

Hedgehog

Re: Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard integrated soundcard

I have same issue, did you find a solution?

--
Hedgehog
Hedgehog's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/155632.htm

http://forums.techarena.in