ChangeDriveLabel for Vista?

Peter

ChangeDriveLabel for Vista?
Kelly's Korner has a very useful VBS tool that makes it easy to change
optical drive labels/names in XP. Anyone know of a Vista equivalent?
Tried it in Vista and it doesn't work.

--
Peter
XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate

=?Utf-8?B?R1I=?=

RE: ChangeDriveLabel for Vista?
I need something along this line as well. My optical drives were disappearing
which I was able to fix, but I had to plug them into another IDE slot of my
motherboard. While this fixed my problem, the system unfortunately
re-assinged the letter of my HDD where all my programs were installed and now
the OS is unable to find the program when I click on the icon!

"Peter" wrote:

> Kelly's Korner has a very useful VBS tool that makes it easy to change
> optical drive labels/names in XP. Anyone know of a Vista equivalent?
> Tried it in Vista and it doesn't work.
>
> --
> Peter
> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate
> P4 HT @ 3.0ghz, 700gb HDD, 4.0gb DDR
> Soundblaster Audigy 4/ATI Radeon 9550 SE/Asus 7135 TV-FM

=?Utf-8?B?SWs=?=

RE: ChangeDriveLabel for Vista?
OT since its a reply to "GR" and his re-assinged letter of HDD problem.
(Using a localized version here (non-english) so "text in these" will not be
100 accurate. But as close as I can recall their Proper names.)

run
"compmgmt.msc /s"
that will open something like "computer management"

go to "storage", bellow that category there ought to be one "diskmanagement"
and it will list your drives, rightlick on a drive will show a menu where
you can select "re-assinge device letter/label/name" or something similar.

It will let you alter ex HDD D: to X: for you.

(And for your own safty do a fresh start before you do it and one after. So
it doesnt complain files in use or similar.)

Hope this helps you.
/Ik