need driver for usb floppy drive to work with Vista

Mike F from TN

need driver for usb floppy drive to work with Vista
I just upgraded from XP MCE to Vista Home Premium. I have a usb 3.5" floppy
drive that is essential to my work, but Vista can't recognize the driver. The
driver disk is titled Starlogic Portable USB Floppy Disk Drive Driver &
User's Manual. The drive is named USB Omni Floppy Disk Drive, Model
USB-F3501, S/N S0311000974. I need a Vista compatible driver. Any suggestions?

Unrelated question which I will be happy to put in a different thread if you
think it's best: the Vista installation disk was labeled Home Premium, but
the installed version is Vista Business. Did I get a mislabeled disk? It was
ordered as an upgrade through my computer manufacturer Gateway/eMachines.
Bought the Vista-ready pc in December just before Vista was released. Gateway
offered free upgrades at that time.
Michael Solomon

Re: need driver for usb floppy drive to work with Vista

"Mike F from TN" <MikeFfromTN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded from XP MCE to Vista Home Premium. I have a usb 3.5" floppy
> drive that is essential to my work, but Vista can't recognize the driver.
> The
> driver disk is titled Starlogic Portable USB Floppy Disk Drive Driver &
> User's Manual. The drive is named USB Omni Floppy Disk Drive, Model
> USB-F3501, S/N S0311000974. I need a Vista compatible driver. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Unrelated question which I will be happy to put in a different thread if
> you
> think it's best: the Vista installation disk was labeled Home Premium, but
> the installed version is Vista Business. Did I get a mislabeled disk? It
> was
> ordered as an upgrade through my computer manufacturer Gateway/eMachines.
> Bought the Vista-ready pc in December just before Vista was released.
> Gateway
> offered free upgrades at that time.

You'll need to check the manufacturer's website for the latest Vista
compatible drivers for the floppy drive, perhaps they list the website in
the manual for the drive. If no such drivers exist, you'll need to contact
their tech support to see if they will be supporting the drive in Vista or
how to get their default driver recognized.

As to the other question, that would best be answered by Gateway.

--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend

Mike F from TN

Re: need driver for usb floppy drive to work with Vista
Thanks, Michael. I have contacted Gateway and all is well. I'm just keeping
Business, as it fits my profile pretty well. I will try contacting Starlogic.
Mike