Resolution on Generic PnP Monitor on HP Pavilion DV2023TU Notebook

=?Utf-8?B?a2VuZG9sbG1lbGI=?=

Resolution on Generic PnP Monitor on HP Pavilion DV2023TU Notebook
Hi all,

I've recently upgraded to Vista Home Premium on this 3 month old notebook
PC. Since upgrading, the Monitor is constantly showing as Generic PnP
Monitor and the Welcome screen seems to be set at something like 800x600
resolution. However, each account's resolution can be set at the correct
value of 1280x800 (widescreen).

I have downloaded the correct Vista drivers from the Nvidia website, but
when I try to install them, I am told that the hardware for the drivers
cannot be found on my system. I have tried installing the extracted driver
(.inf file) manually as well, with no success.

According to my Notebook specs, I have an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200 Display
Adapter, however, the Notebook also lists the Mobile Intel 945GM Express
Chipset Family Video Driver, which appears to be installed correctly and
appears under Display Adapters in Device Manager (the Intel Chipset is also
listed in the specs).

My question is, how do I force Vista to install the correct driver and how
do I get the correct resolution displayed automatically in all user accounts
and on the welcome screen?

Thanks,

Ken.
=?Utf-8?B?a2VuZG9sbG1lbGI=?=

RE: Resolution on Generic PnP Monitor on HP Pavilion DV2023TU Notebook
Is there no MVP here that can shed any light on this issue or offer any
suggestions?

"kendollmelb" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've recently upgraded to Vista Home Premium on this 3 month old notebook
> PC. Since upgrading, the Monitor is constantly showing as Generic PnP
> Monitor and the Welcome screen seems to be set at something like 800x600
> resolution. However, each account's resolution can be set at the correct
> value of 1280x800 (widescreen).
>
> I have downloaded the correct Vista drivers from the Nvidia website, but
> when I try to install them, I am told that the hardware for the drivers
> cannot be found on my system. I have tried installing the extracted driver
> (.inf file) manually as well, with no success.
>
> According to my Notebook specs, I have an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200 Display
> Adapter, however, the Notebook also lists the Mobile Intel 945GM Express
> Chipset Family Video Driver, which appears to be installed correctly and
> appears under Display Adapters in Device Manager (the Intel Chipset is also
> listed in the specs).
>
> My question is, how do I force Vista to install the correct driver and how
> do I get the correct resolution displayed automatically in all user accounts
> and on the welcome screen?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken.

Malke

kendollmelb wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've recently upgraded to Vista Home Premium on this 3 month old notebook
> PC. Since upgrading, the Monitor is constantly showing as Generic PnP
> Monitor and the Welcome screen seems to be set at something like 800x600
> resolution. However, each account's resolution can be set at the correct
> value of 1280x800 (widescreen).
>
> I have downloaded the correct Vista drivers from the Nvidia website, but
> when I try to install them, I am told that the hardware for the drivers
> cannot be found on my system. I have tried installing the extracted driver
> (.inf file) manually as well, with no success.
>
> According to my Notebook specs, I have an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200 Display
> Adapter, however, the Notebook also lists the Mobile Intel 945GM Express
> Chipset Family Video Driver, which appears to be installed correctly and
> appears under Display Adapters in Device Manager (the Intel Chipset is also
> listed in the specs).
>
> My question is, how do I force Vista to install the correct driver and how
> do I get the correct resolution displayed automatically in all user accounts
> and on the welcome screen?

You need drivers for Vista from the laptop mftr. Go to their tech
support site for your specific model laptop and download/install Vista
drivers and laptop software. If there aren't any, contact the laptop
mftr.'s tech support since with such a new laptop they will undoubtedly
(hopefully!) be writing drivers to support Vista.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com