Making my DVD writer work again!

Josh

Making my DVD writer work again!
My LG GSA-H50-L DVD writer has worked in the past on my Vista 64bit
system, but has now decided not to work. I didn't do anything with the
harware. The power is still connected, and if I disable all the drivers,
vista recognizes the ATA device and attempts to install the drivers. At that
point, it says it fails, and in device manager, it reports that it doesn't
work because the drivers are missing or corrupted. No software comes with the
drive b/c I thought it uses generic drivers. Is there somewhere I can
download these generic drivers so that it can install them next time?
Knud Rasmussen

Re: Making my DVD writer work again!
I have exact the same problem with 2 writers, NEC 3520 ATA and Samsung SN
308B Scsi. Both can suddenly not work, and i have tryed the same ad you, but
with the same result. Help needed

"Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> My LG GSA-H50-L DVD writer has worked in the past on my Vista 64bit
> system, but has now decided not to work. I didn't do anything with the
> harware. The power is still connected, and if I disable all the drivers,
> vista recognizes the ATA device and attempts to install the drivers. At
> that
> point, it says it fails, and in device manager, it reports that it doesn't
> work because the drivers are missing or corrupted. No software comes with
> the
> drive b/c I thought it uses generic drivers. Is there somewhere I can
> download these generic drivers so that it can install them next time?

Cal Bear '66

Re: Making my DVD writer work again!
Try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Knud Rasmussen" <kras@webspeed.dk> wrote in message
>I have exact the same problem with 2 writers, NEC 3520 ATA and Samsung SN 308B
>Scsi. Both can suddenly not work, and i have tryed the same ad you, but with
>the same result. Help needed
>
> "Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen
>> My LG GSA-H50-L DVD writer has worked in the past on my Vista 64bit
>> system, but has now decided not to work. I didn't do anything with the
>> harware. The power is still connected, and if I disable all the drivers,
>> vista recognizes the ATA device and attempts to install the drivers. At that
>> point, it says it fails, and in device manager, it reports that it doesn't
>> work because the drivers are missing or corrupted. No software comes with the
>> drive b/c I thought it uses generic drivers. Is there somewhere I can
>> download these generic drivers so that it can install them next time?

Knud Rasmussen

Re: Making my DVD writer work again!
Thank you very much, it┤s works

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> skrev i meddelelsen
> Try this:

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Knud Rasmussen" <kras@webspeed.dk> wrote in message
>>I have exact the same problem with 2 writers, NEC 3520 ATA and Samsung SN
>>308B Scsi. Both can suddenly not work, and i have tryed the same ad you,
>>but with the same result. Help needed
>>
>> "Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen
>>> My LG GSA-H50-L DVD writer has worked in the past on my Vista 64bit
>>> system, but has now decided not to work. I didn't do anything with the
>>> harware. The power is still connected, and if I disable all the drivers,
>>> vista recognizes the ATA device and attempts to install the drivers. At
>>> that
>>> point, it says it fails, and in device manager, it reports that it
>>> doesn't
>>> work because the drivers are missing or corrupted. No software comes
>>> with the
>>> drive b/c I thought it uses generic drivers. Is there somewhere I can
>>> download these generic drivers so that it can install them next time?

Cal Bear '66

Re: Making my DVD writer work again!
Nice!

You're welcome.