Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Will this graphic card run aero? and is this good enought

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2007
=?Utf-8?B?R1Q=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Will this graphic card run aero? and is this good enought
Is this graphic card enough to run aero? if i use this card will it also use
my system memory to run aero? and can i use nvidia drivers or the
manufacturer for the card have to give it. What does it mean if it's a Low
Profile video card? will this fit on any desktop computer. or is this card
for small portable computer?

ASUS N6200/TD/128 GeForce 6200 128MB 64-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Low Profile Video
Card

Interface
Interface AGP 4X/8X
Chipset
Chipset Manufacturer NVIDIA
GPU GeForce 6200
Core clock 350MHz
PixelPipelines 4
Memory
Memory Clock 500MHz
Memory Size 128MB
Memory Interface 64-bit
Memory Type DDR

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2007
=?Utf-8?B?R1Q=?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Will this graphic card run aero? and is this good enought
It says vista ready does this mean that it will run aero or it will run
Window Vista with basic theme only.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121542.



"GT" wrote:

> Is this graphic card enough to run aero? if i use this card will it also use
> my system memory to run aero? and can i use nvidia drivers or the
> manufacturer for the card have to give it. What does it mean if it's a Low
> Profile video card? will this fit on any desktop computer. or is this card
> for small portable computer?
>
> ASUS N6200/TD/128 GeForce 6200 128MB 64-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Low Profile Video
> Card
>
> Interface
> Interface AGP 4X/8X
> Chipset
> Chipset Manufacturer NVIDIA
> GPU GeForce 6200
> Core clock 350MHz
> PixelPipelines 4
> Memory
> Memory Clock 500MHz
> Memory Size 128MB
> Memory Interface 64-bit
> Memory Type DDR
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2007
Dustin Harper
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Will this graphic card run aero? and is this good enought
Yes, it will run Aero just fine. It meets the 128MB of video RAM
requirement. Also, the GPU is enough to power aero...

Good luck!

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com
http://www.vistarip.com


GT wrote:
> Is this graphic card enough to run aero? if i use this card will it also use
> my system memory to run aero? and can i use nvidia drivers or the
> manufacturer for the card have to give it. What does it mean if it's a Low
> Profile video card? will this fit on any desktop computer. or is this card
> for small portable computer?
>
> ASUS N6200/TD/128 GeForce 6200 128MB 64-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Low Profile Video
> Card
>
> Interface
> Interface AGP 4X/8X
> Chipset
> Chipset Manufacturer NVIDIA
> GPU GeForce 6200
> Core clock 350MHz
> PixelPipelines 4
> Memory
> Memory Clock 500MHz
> Memory Size 128MB
> Memory Interface 64-bit
> Memory Type DDR
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2007
pvdg42
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Will this graphic card run aero? and is this good enought

"GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E395A344-2F03-46AA-B5E0-9B45CEAC555E@microsoft.com...
> It says vista ready does this mean that it will run aero or it will run
> Window Vista with basic theme only.
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121542.
>
>

The 6200 chipset is listed as supported in the latest NVIDIA Vista drivers,
so it is capable of Aero, etc.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvist...supported.html

I happen to have a 6200 here running Aero and Dream Scene on Vista Ultimate,
so you should be OK.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2007
=?Utf-8?B?R1Q=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Will this graphic card run aero? and is this good enought
What is the performance index score for the grahic card that you have?


"pvdg42" wrote:

>
> "GT" <GT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E395A344-2F03-46AA-B5E0-9B45CEAC555E@microsoft.com...
> > It says vista ready does this mean that it will run aero or it will run
> > Window Vista with basic theme only.
> > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121542.
> >
> >

> The 6200 chipset is listed as supported in the latest NVIDIA Vista drivers,
> so it is capable of Aero, etc.
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvist...supported.html
>
> I happen to have a 6200 here running Aero and Dream Scene on Vista Ultimate,
> so you should be OK.
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This Video Card For Aero? amherst.d@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 16 03-01-2007 03:44
Will My New Laptop Run Vista Aero? Von Fourche microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 02-28-2007 20:32
Centrino 1.3 MHz, 1 GB Ram, 32 bit Graphic Card =?Utf-8?B?QWRv?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 4 02-25-2007 12:54
Centrino 1.3 MHz with 1GB RAM - 32-bit Graphic Card!! =?Utf-8?B?QWRv?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 02-25-2007 11:07
My brand new computer won't run Aero!?? =?Utf-8?B?RWl6?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 9 02-02-2007 17:53




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:46.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120