dvd writer no longer recognised as writer

=?Utf-8?B?d2lsbGVt?=

dvd writer no longer recognised as writer
Initially my dvd writer on my Acer Aspire notebook works fine,
but when I active media center on Vista it is no longer recongised as a
writer.
It shows an error "no burner attached'.

In de device manager it shows as a CD-Rom and reports errors with the driver
but when I try to update the driver it reports I already have the latest
version.

I had to go back to factory reset to get it working again.

Could it have anything to do with
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930194/en-us ?

Any idea's for a permanent fix ?

Willem

=?Utf-8?B?QW55b2xkZm5hbWU=?=

RE: dvd writer no longer recognised as writer
have you just installed HP Printer Drivers by any chance.

"willem" wrote:

> Initially my dvd writer on my Acer Aspire notebook works fine,
> but when I active media center on Vista it is no longer recongised as a
> writer.
> It shows an error "no burner attached'.
>
> In de device manager it shows as a CD-Rom and reports errors with the driver
> but when I try to update the driver it reports I already have the latest
> version.
>
> I had to go back to factory reset to get it working again.
>
> Could it have anything to do with
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930194/en-us ?
>
> Any idea's for a permanent fix ?
>
> Willem

Linda

re vista and unrecognised dvd
installed hp printer and had this problem why???????????

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Linda Beverton

missing dvd drive
Hi there i have just encountered this problem on a new machine running vista. PCworld technical support were no help couldn't solve the problem. Removed all additions i had made since set up and returned it to the shop. when i arrived at the shop and they connected up the computer it showed no problem drive was visible and working. when i got it home and set it up again the same thing happend and i returned it for a replacement. set up the new machine and again the same thing happened. all i had added was limewire, itunes, Kodak docking camera and an HP printer. a process of elimination proved that the software package which came with the HP printer was causing the problem.I uninstalled the HP printer and restarted the computer. the drive was visible again. I did not reinstall the software for the printer but simply plugged in the usb cable and let vista set up the drivers. fingers crossed it worked. with these new OS it seems that no additional software is really needed

http://www.eggheadcafe.com