Optical USB Mouse not working

=?Utf-8?B?RG1pdHJpeQ==?=

Optical USB Mouse not working
My Vista Business recognized my Dynex Optical USB mouse. However, when it
tried to install the driver, it said that there was an error - section of the
INF file is missing. I tried this about 5 times. I also tried installing the
driver via Windows Update, got an error as well.

Any suggestions?

P.S. Dynex doesn't have any drivers for my mouse, or Vista on their website.

simrick405 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dynex USB wireless optical mouse
I have the same problem using Vista Home Premium. The system recognizes the thing when I plug in the adapter and tries to install drivers. Then I get an error message that the install has failed and it says "The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Win 95 or later."

Dynex are no help at all. They say that because it's PnP it should work. There are no special drivers available for this mouse. It was packaged in their "Notebook Kit".

Someone please help?

Last edited by simrick405 : 03-21-2008 at 21:28.
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Optical USB Mouse not working
Consider upgrading now to SP1. It cleans up a number of issues with
devices.

"simrick405" <simrick405.36n3c3@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:simrick405.36n3c3@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> I have the same problem using Vista Home Premium. The system recognizes
> the thing when I plug in the adapter and tries to install drivers. Then
> I get an error message that the install has failed and it says "The
> driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
> This may be because the INF was written for Win 95 or later."
>
> Dynex are no help at all. They say that because it's PnP it should
> work. There are no special drivers available for this mouse. It was
> packaged in their "Notebook Kit".
>
> Someone please help?
>

> --
> simrick405

simrick405 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Optical Mouse not working
Thanks. I may try that. However, I have more problems now which I have to deal with. After giving up trying to install this mouse, I rebooted and found that I could no longer connect to the internet or my home network via the notebook's integral wireless-G adapter. I rebooted several times. I even went and restored the system to an earlier time today (prior to trying to install this mouse). Still, I can not connect. Very frustrating.
John

Re: Optical USB Mouse not working
"simrick405" <simrick405.36nd0m@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:simrick405.36nd0m@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> Thanks. I may try that. However, I have more problems now which I have
> to deal with. After giving up trying to install this mouse, I rebooted
> and found that I could no longer connect to the internet or my home
> network via the notebook's integral wireless-G adapter. I rebooted
> several times. I even went and restored the system to an earlier time
> today (prior to trying to install this mouse). Still, I can not connect.
> Very frustrating.
>

> --
> simrick405

Also, when having trouble with USB, try taking it off a hub, if that's what
you're using.

simrick405 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No, I am not using a hub (although I will remember your suggestion for the future). I will try SP1 as Dynex are no help at all.

Stickman is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Solution!
Go in to device manager, update driver, and go in to the list of supported devices. You need to make it an HID-compliant mouse, instead of an optical browser mouse.

simrick405 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Optical USB mouse not working
Thanks for the suggestions. I had tried making it HID-compliant prior to installing SP1 and was unsuccessful. But I installed SP1 last night, and tried again to get this mouse to work. VOILA! SP1 and HID-compliant mouse driver did the trick!

Thanks everyone for your help.
eugeni

Re: Optical USB Mouse not working

hi

i have as system windows vista business and i have problem in
installing notebook mouses (wireless or not)

i installed SP1, also

HID problem reporting

shall I uninstall SP1 and the to try to install the driver again ?

thx
Eugen

--
eugeni
eugeni's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52331

http://forums.techarena.in

simrick405 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mouse scrolling issues
Eugen,
I have tried a Belkin USB wired mouse, a Dynex USB wireless mouse and a Logitec V320 USB wireless mouse. I have tried both the Belkin and the Dynex with and without SP1 installed - it made no difference with the scrolling issues I have. I can only scroll in IE and nothing else. I believe it is a Vista issue, but no one here seems to have an answer. I don't think uninstalling SP1 will help. But, as it was suggested in a previous post, you should make the mouse HID-compliant and that may at least get it working somewhat. Sorry I can't be of more help.