HP PSC 1610 All-In-One not recognized in Vista?

=?Utf-8?B?RGlnaXRhbGZ1eno=?=

HP PSC 1610 All-In-One not recognized in Vista?
Does anyone understand why Vista HP edition doesn't install drivers for an HP
1610?

Device manager lists it as "Other Devices". During Vista's attempt to
install drivers I get something to the extent of "Windows could not locate
the full printer package for your HP 1610" or something close. (Sorry,
printer is at work, I'm at home, and I didn't write down the exact wordage)

HP site says the are no D/L able drivers, only native one.

Anyone else seen this problem, and perhaps know a way around it?

Thanks

Digitalfuzz
mikeyhsd

Re: HP PSC 1610 All-In-One not recognized in Vista?
contact hp.
there are bottom of the line in getting drives out.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"Digitalfuzz" <Digitalfuzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:862266D9-DD9F-406B-8776-20DFF2EB5B82@microsoft.com...
Does anyone understand why Vista HP edition doesn't install drivers for an HP
1610?

Device manager lists it as "Other Devices". During Vista's attempt to
install drivers I get something to the extent of "Windows could not locate
the full printer package for your HP 1610" or something close. (Sorry,
printer is at work, I'm at home, and I didn't write down the exact wordage)

HP site says the are no D/L able drivers, only native one.

Anyone else seen this problem, and perhaps know a way around it?

Thanks

Digitalfuzz
JW

Re: HP PSC 1610 All-In-One not recognized in Vista?
Becasue HP has not released any yet.
There is a workaround posted at the HP Vista support site.

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...&I1.x=8&I1.y=8

"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com> wrote in message news:O3WXBkcWHHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
[...]

This was the first place I checked. There "work-around" doesn't work because
Vista doesn't seem to be able to find enough to install the 1610 as a printer
at ANY level. The HP is NOT listed, after all is said and done, as an
available pinter in Vista.

HP chat blames it on Vista (of course).

Sigh.

"JW" wrote:

> Becasue HP has not released any yet.
> There is a workaround posted at the HP Vista support site.
>
> http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...&I1.x=8&I1.y=8
>

> "mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com> wrote in message news:O3WXBkcWHHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> contact hp.
> there are bottom of the line in getting drives out.
>
> mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com
>
> "Digitalfuzz" <Digitalfuzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:862266D9-DD9F-406B-8776-20DFF2EB5B82@microsoft.com...
> Does anyone understand why Vista HP edition doesn't install drivers for an HP
> 1610?
>
> Device manager lists it as "Other Devices". During Vista's attempt to
> install drivers I get something to the extent of "Windows could not locate
> the full printer package for your HP 1610" or something close. (Sorry,
> printer is at work, I'm at home, and I didn't write down the exact wordage)
>
> HP site says the are no D/L able drivers, only native one.
>
> Anyone else seen this problem, and perhaps know a way around it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Digitalfuzz

=?Utf-8?B?QW55b2xkZm5hbWU=?=

Re: HP PSC 1610 All-In-One not recognized in Vista?
dont use your hp setup disk ... just plug the printer in the usb port and let
windows do its stuff... go into scanners and cameras and you will see it will
also setup your scanner ... also use windows own program to scan your photos
etc .. hp will sort there drivers sooner or later

"Digitalfuzz" wrote:

> This was the first place I checked. There "work-around" doesn't work because
> Vista doesn't seem to be able to find enough to install the 1610 as a printer
> at ANY level. The HP is NOT listed, after all is said and done, as an
> available pinter in Vista.
>
> HP chat blames it on Vista (of course).
>
> Sigh.
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
> > Becasue HP has not released any yet.
> > There is a workaround posted at the HP Vista support site.
> >
> > http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...&I1.x=8&I1.y=8
> >

> > "mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com> wrote in message news:O3WXBkcWHHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > contact hp.
> > there are bottom of the line in getting drives out.
> >
> > mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com
> >
> > "Digitalfuzz" <Digitalfuzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:862266D9-DD9F-406B-8776-20DFF2EB5B82@microsoft.com...
> > Does anyone understand why Vista HP edition doesn't install drivers for an HP
> > 1610?
> >
> > Device manager lists it as "Other Devices". During Vista's attempt to
> > install drivers I get something to the extent of "Windows could not locate
> > the full printer package for your HP 1610" or something close. (Sorry,
> > printer is at work, I'm at home, and I didn't write down the exact wordage)
> >
> > HP site says the are no D/L able drivers, only native one.
> >
> > Anyone else seen this problem, and perhaps know a way around it?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Digitalfuzz

=?Utf-8?B?RGlnaXRhbGZ1eno=?=

Re: HP PSC 1610 All-In-One not recognized in Vista?
THanks, but I am not (cannot) use any type of setup disc. Upon following all
the common corrct steps, in the correct order, Vista says something like
"...errors in installing your printer. Windows cannot locate the core
package required by your printer package..." or something very close to this
(I've GOT to write down the exact wordage!).

After 3 different drivers are searched for...the HP printer shows up in
device manager under the following three catagories: imaging device
(scanner), portable device(huh?), and other deviced (double huh?). No
printing ability under any programs.

It's beggining to look hopeless. Thanks to all who tried to help.