Problem with Webcam

Gustavo Cairo

Problem with Webcam
Genius Trek 310 isn't working on Vista, do you have any solutions??
Jonathan Yaniv

Re: Problem with Webcam
Who makes that webcam? I've never heard of it.

--

Have a nice day,

Jonathan Yaniv
Microsoft Windows LiveT Butterfly Expert

Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/

"Gustavo Cairo" <juanju-93@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Genius Trek 310 isn't working on Vista, do you have any solutions??

Richard Urban

Re: Problem with Webcam
The manufacturer would be the place to try.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Gustavo Cairo" <juanju-93@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Genius Trek 310 isn't working on Vista, do you have any solutions??

Gustavo Cairo

Re: Problem with Webcam
The manufacterer is Genius, www.geniusnet.com and there are not available
drivers for Vista at their site for any webcam. The thing is that I used an
older Genius webcam with Vista withouth Vista drivers because they aren't
available, and it worked perfectly...

"Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com>
> The manufacturer would be the place to try.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>

> "Gustavo Cairo" <juanju-93@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Genius Trek 310 isn't working on Vista, do you have any solutions??

Richard Urban

Re: Problem with Webcam
Does the webcam show up in device manager under imaging devices? If it does,
it can be used with MSN Messenger and with Live Messenger. Go to Tools |
Audio Video Tuning Wizard and follow the steps.

If you want to use it anywhere else you will need the manufacturers
software.

--

> The manufacterer is Genius, www.geniusnet.com and there are not available
> drivers for Vista at their site for any webcam. The thing is that I used
> an older Genius webcam with Vista withouth Vista drivers because they
> aren't available, and it worked perfectly...
>
> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com>
>> The manufacturer would be the place to try.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>

>> "Gustavo Cairo" <juanju-93@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Genius Trek 310 isn't working on Vista, do you have any solutions??

Gustavo Cairo

Re: Problem with Webcam
I can't use it with Messenger, it doesn't find any webcams, or a mic.

"Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
de noticias news:uwjR0GdWHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Does the webcam show up in device manager under imaging devices? If it
> does, it can be used with MSN Messenger and with Live Messenger. Go to
> Tools | Audio Video Tuning Wizard and follow the steps.
>
> If you want to use it anywhere else you will need the manufacturers
> software.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>
> "Gustavo Cairo" <juanju-93@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> The manufacterer is Genius, www.geniusnet.com and there are not available
>> drivers for Vista at their site for any webcam. The thing is that I used
>> an older Genius webcam with Vista withouth Vista drivers because they
>> aren't available, and it worked perfectly...
>>
>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com>
>>> The manufacturer would be the place to try.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
>>>
>>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>> If you knew as much as you think you know,
>>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!

Richard Urban

Re: Problem with Webcam
Get a webcam that is supported by the manufacturer that will work in Vista.

--

>I can't use it with Messenger, it doesn't find any webcams, or a mic.
>
> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> escribió en el
> mensaje de noticias news:uwjR0GdWHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Does the webcam show up in device manager under imaging devices? If it
>> does, it can be used with MSN Messenger and with Live Messenger. Go to
>> Tools | Audio Video Tuning Wizard and follow the steps.
>>
>> If you want to use it anywhere else you will need the manufacturers
>> software.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>
>> "Gustavo Cairo" <juanju-93@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> The manufacterer is Genius, www.geniusnet.com and there are not
>>> available drivers for Vista at their site for any webcam. The thing is
>>> that I used an older Genius webcam with Vista withouth Vista drivers
>>> because they aren't available, and it worked perfectly...
>>>
>>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com>

=?Utf-8?B?RGllZ28gUGVyZXo=?=

Re: Problem with Webcam
Hey richard sorry but THATS STUPID. Dont you have more smart solutions??
there are LOTS of devices with drivers only for win xp or less, i have the
same webcam problem as the gentlemen here, ive just bought the cam, and also
the computer and for my bad luck it came with vista already installed.

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Get a webcam that is supported by the manufacturer that will work in Vista.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>
> "Gustavo Cairo" <juanju-93@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I can't use it with Messenger, it doesn't find any webcams, or a mic.
> >
> > "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> escribió en el
> > mensaje de noticias news:uwjR0GdWHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> >> Does the webcam show up in device manager under imaging devices? If it
> >> does, it can be used with MSN Messenger and with Live Messenger. Go to
> >> Tools | Audio Video Tuning Wizard and follow the steps.
> >>
> >> If you want to use it anywhere else you will need the manufacturers
> >> software.
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Richard Urban
> >> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
> >>
> >> Quote from George Ankner:
> >> If you knew as much as you think you know,
> >> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!

Richard Urban

Re: Problem with Webcam
Sorry, I don't write drivers. The manufacturer does. If he doesn't - it's
time to replace the hardware.

--

"Diego Perez" <Diego Perez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey richard sorry but THATS STUPID. Dont you have more smart solutions??
> there are LOTS of devices with drivers only for win xp or less, i have the
> same webcam problem as the gentlemen here, ive just bought the cam, and
> also
> the computer and for my bad luck it came with vista already installed.
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> Get a webcam that is supported by the manufacturer that will work in
>> Vista.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Quote from George Ankner:
>>
>> "Gustavo Cairo" <juanju-93@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I can't use it with Messenger, it doesn't find any webcams, or a mic.
>> >
>> > "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> escribió en el
>> > mensaje de noticias news:uwjR0GdWHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

Gustavo Cairo

Re: Problem with Webcam
Thanks a lot to everyone who helped. I will just get another cam.
You'll see more of my posts if I still having problems I hope no..
See you all.

de noticias news:29AA7E5C-E394-4E7E-B9BF-1D8310898730@microsoft.com...