syncing with pocket pc device

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVsYXdoZXJl?=

syncing with pocket pc device
I have a Viewsonic V36 pocket pc and I'm trying to sync my address book to my
new vista laptop. I keep getting an error message saying that microsoft sync
center has to close and I cant sync anything. I REALLY don't want to have to
type in all my address information all over again. I get nothing from the
'debug' program. I can look at everything on the device through 'my
computer'.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: syncing with pocket pc device
Did you download and install the Windows Mobile Device Center?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"delawhere" <delawhere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Viewsonic V36 pocket pc and I'm trying to sync my address book to
>my
> new vista laptop. I keep getting an error message saying that microsoft
> sync
> center has to close and I cant sync anything. I REALLY don't want to have
> type in all my address information all over again. I get nothing from the
> 'debug' program. I can look at everything on the device through 'my
> computer'.

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVsYXdoZXJl?=

Re: syncing with pocket pc device
Yes I did. It starts, says its syncing, and then closes saying that there is
an error. Nothing syncs and it just hangs there.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Did you download and install the Windows Mobile Device Center?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "delawhere" <delawhere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Viewsonic V36 pocket pc and I'm trying to sync my address book to
> >my
> > new vista laptop. I keep getting an error message saying that microsoft
> > sync
> > center has to close and I cant sync anything. I REALLY don't want to have
> > type in all my address information all over again. I get nothing from the
> > 'debug' program. I can look at everything on the device through 'my
> > computer'.

=?Utf-8?B?TUJybw==?=

Re: syncing with pocket pc device
I also always get a sync error. It says "ActiveSync encountered a problem on
the desktop". I am using WM2005 (Axim x51v).

"delawhere" wrote:

> Yes I did. It starts, says its syncing, and then closes saying that there is
> an error. Nothing syncs and it just hangs there.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Did you download and install the Windows Mobile Device Center?
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> > http://www.coribright.com/windows
> >
> > "delawhere" <delawhere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a Viewsonic V36 pocket pc and I'm trying to sync my address book to
> > >my
> > > new vista laptop. I keep getting an error message saying that microsoft
> > > sync
> > > center has to close and I cant sync anything. I REALLY don't want to have
> > > type in all my address information all over again. I get nothing from the
> > > 'debug' program. I can look at everything on the device through 'my
> > > computer'.

=?Utf-8?B?TUJybw==?=

Re: syncing with pocket pc device
I still get the problem. I tried using Bluetooth and got the same error. I
tried just syncing a single category (e.g. Tasks), and still no go. If I
select nothing, no error. The support code displayed on the PDA is
0x85010014. Very frustrating.