DVD RW Stopped working in windows vista

=?Utf-8?B?Y29tcGJveQ==?=

DVD RW Stopped working in windows vista
Hello, after freshly reinstalling i windows vista home premium edition,(on a
new hp pavilion) my DVD RW stopped working after 2 days. It shows up in
device manager (not under my computer) as a code 10(this device could not
start). I searched for code 10 and it told me to update the driver...so I
attempted it, but windows tells me my driver is up to date, any help with
this problem is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Jonathan Yaniv

Re: DVD RW Stopped working in windows vista
What's the model of the drive?

--

Have a nice day,

Jonathan Yaniv
Microsoft Windows Liveâ„¢ Butterfly Expert

Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/

"compboy" <compboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, after freshly reinstalling i windows vista home premium edition,(on
> new hp pavilion) my DVD RW stopped working after 2 days. It shows up in
> device manager (not under my computer) as a code 10(this device could not
> start). I searched for code 10 and it told me to update the driver...so I
> attempted it, but windows tells me my driver is up to date, any help with
> this problem is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?dG1wYw==?=

RE: DVD RW Stopped working in windows vista
I have pretty much same thing with HP Pavilion a1730 with OEM TSSTcorp
CD/DVDW TS-H653L SCSI CdRom. All was fine with HP Factory setup with Home
Premium, but wiped all that for a clean install and upgrade to Ultimate.

Mine seems to hang, not sure if thats what compboy is talking about. If I
put in a blank Maxell DVD-RW and go to Computer it shows the drive and media
but wants me to format the DVD. When I go with that option, it does its thing
then about 25 mins into the formatting, it returns cant format or cant
complete. TDK DVD+R works fine without hitch.

Using,
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 6/21/2006
Driver Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

"compboy" wrote:

> Hello, after freshly reinstalling i windows vista home premium edition,(on a
> new hp pavilion) my DVD RW stopped working after 2 days. It shows up in
> device manager (not under my computer) as a code 10(this device could not
> start). I searched for code 10 and it told me to update the driver...so I
> attempted it, but windows tells me my driver is up to date, any help with
> this problem is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?Y29tcGJveQ==?=

RE: DVD RW Stopped working in windows vista
My DVD drive wouldn't work at all, All my dvd drive says on it is
Lightscribe..then device manager gives me a long string of numbers. I since
found instructions from this website
http://discuss.extremetech.com/forum...PrintPost.aspx
once I did that....everthing has been fine....just hope it stays that way.

"tmpc" wrote:

> I have pretty much same thing with HP Pavilion a1730 with OEM TSSTcorp
> CD/DVDW TS-H653L SCSI CdRom. All was fine with HP Factory setup with Home
> Premium, but wiped all that for a clean install and upgrade to Ultimate.
>
> Mine seems to hang, not sure if thats what compboy is talking about. If I
> put in a blank Maxell DVD-RW and go to Computer it shows the drive and media
> but wants me to format the DVD. When I go with that option, it does its thing
> then about 25 mins into the formatting, it returns cant format or cant
> complete. TDK DVD+R works fine without hitch.
>
> Using,
> Driver Provider: Microsoft
> Driver Date: 6/21/2006
> Driver Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows
>
> "compboy" wrote:
>
> > Hello, after freshly reinstalling i windows vista home premium edition,(on a
> > new hp pavilion) my DVD RW stopped working after 2 days. It shows up in
> > device manager (not under my computer) as a code 10(this device could not
> > start). I searched for code 10 and it told me to update the driver...so I
> > attempted it, but windows tells me my driver is up to date, any help with
> > this problem is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?c0x5ejBy?=

RE: DVD RW Stopped working in windows vista
My TDK DVDRW 420N and TDK CDRW5201B stopped working after 18 days on Windows
Vista Home Premium...
They work fine when I switch back to XP.
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"
Kind of hard to install programs on Vista when both of my drives stop
working.

"compboy" wrote:

> My DVD drive wouldn't work at all, All my dvd drive says on it is
> Lightscribe..then device manager gives me a long string of numbers. I since
> found instructions from this website
> http://discuss.extremetech.com/forum...PrintPost.aspx
> once I did that....everthing has been fine....just hope it stays that way.
>
> "tmpc" wrote:
>
> > I have pretty much same thing with HP Pavilion a1730 with OEM TSSTcorp
> > CD/DVDW TS-H653L SCSI CdRom. All was fine with HP Factory setup with Home
> > Premium, but wiped all that for a clean install and upgrade to Ultimate.
> >
> > Mine seems to hang, not sure if thats what compboy is talking about. If I
> > put in a blank Maxell DVD-RW and go to Computer it shows the drive and media
> > but wants me to format the DVD. When I go with that option, it does its thing
> > then about 25 mins into the formatting, it returns cant format or cant
> > complete. TDK DVD+R works fine without hitch.
> >
> > Using,
> > Driver Provider: Microsoft
> > Driver Date: 6/21/2006
> > Driver Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> > Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows
> >
> > "compboy" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello, after freshly reinstalling i windows vista home premium edition,(on a
> > > new hp pavilion) my DVD RW stopped working after 2 days. It shows up in
> > > device manager (not under my computer) as a code 10(this device could not
> > > start). I searched for code 10 and it told me to update the driver...so I
> > > attempted it, but windows tells me my driver is up to date, any help with
> > > this problem is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

=?Utf-8?Q?Serge_Desch=C3=AAnes?=

Re: DVD RW Stopped working in windows vista
I have the exact same problem as compboy with my two DVD drives.

Can Microsoft come to our help?