I am new and i need help

=?Utf-8?B?bXVtbXkyY2hsb2U=?=

I am new and i need help
Hi
I have already posted this just before but relised i had done it wrong( sorry)
Ok here goes, my computer screen will go black like its turned itself off, i
will be in the middle of work or doing something on the computer and it just
goes black and then the whole computer restarts itself ??? i have no idea why
its doing this. It came up with a message saying NV_4 disp, display driver
has stopped working normally, ok so what does that mean ( its bad isnt it
lol) i am not very good with computers so you will have to explain it to me
in simple terms lol sorry. I have windows xp home edition 2002. please any
suggestions would be muchly appreciated, thanks heaps
Richard G. Harper

Re: I am new and i need help
In the first place, you're in entirely the wrong place. Check the
Communities listings for the Windows XP support newsgroups and head over
there.

"mummy2chloe" <mummy2chloe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have already posted this just before but relised i had done it wrong(
> sorry)
> Ok here goes, my computer screen will go black like its turned itself off,
> will be in the middle of work or doing something on the computer and it
> just
> goes black and then the whole computer restarts itself ??? i have no idea
> why
> its doing this. It came up with a message saying NV_4 disp, display driver
> has stopped working normally, ok so what does that mean ( its bad isnt it
> lol) i am not very good with computers so you will have to explain it to
> me
> in simple terms lol sorry. I have windows xp home edition 2002. please any
> suggestions would be muchly appreciated, thanks heaps

=?Utf-8?B?bXVtbXkyY2hsb2U=?=

Re: I am new and i need help
Sorry

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> In the first place, you're in entirely the wrong place. Check the
> Communities listings for the Windows XP support newsgroups and head over
> there.

> "mummy2chloe" <mummy2chloe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I have already posted this just before but relised i had done it wrong(
> > sorry)
> > Ok here goes, my computer screen will go black like its turned itself off,
> > will be in the middle of work or doing something on the computer and it
> > just
> > goes black and then the whole computer restarts itself ??? i have no idea
> > why
> > its doing this. It came up with a message saying NV_4 disp, display driver
> > has stopped working normally, ok so what does that mean ( its bad isnt it
> > lol) i am not very good with computers so you will have to explain it to
> > me
> > in simple terms lol sorry. I have windows xp home edition 2002. please any
> > suggestions would be muchly appreciated, thanks heaps

Rick Rogers

Re: I am new and i need help
Hi,

The problem with posting in the wrong group is you may get unintentional bad
advice, as fixes differ.

In your case, you have an issue that is common with outdated or corrupt
video drivers. The proper course of action is to grab the latest set from
the device manufacturer (Nvidia in this case) and install them.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> Sorry
>
> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> In the first place, you're in entirely the wrong place. Check the
>> Communities listings for the Windows XP support newsgroups and head over
>> there.

>> "mummy2chloe" <mummy2chloe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> > I have already posted this just before but relised i had done it wrong(
>> > sorry)
>> > Ok here goes, my computer screen will go black like its turned itself
>> > off,
>> > will be in the middle of work or doing something on the computer and it
>> > just
>> > goes black and then the whole computer restarts itself ??? i have no
>> > idea
>> > why
>> > its doing this. It came up with a message saying NV_4 disp, display
>> > driver
>> > has stopped working normally, ok so what does that mean ( its bad isnt
>> > it
>> > lol) i am not very good with computers so you will have to explain it
>> > me
>> > in simple terms lol sorry. I have windows xp home edition 2002. please
>> > any
>> > suggestions would be muchly appreciated, thanks heaps

Richard G. Harper

Re: I am new and i need help
No need to be sorry, I just want to be sure you get the best possible advice
you can get.

"mummy2chloe" <mummy2chloe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry
>
> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> In the first place, you're in entirely the wrong place. Check the
>> Communities listings for the Windows XP support newsgroups and head over
>> there.

>> "mummy2chloe" <mummy2chloe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> > I have already posted this just before but relised i had done it wrong(
>> > sorry)
>> > Ok here goes, my computer screen will go black like its turned itself
>> > off,
>> > will be in the middle of work or doing something on the computer and it
>> > just
>> > goes black and then the whole computer restarts itself ??? i have no
>> > idea
>> > why
>> > its doing this. It came up with a message saying NV_4 disp, display
>> > driver
>> > has stopped working normally, ok so what does that mean ( its bad isnt
>> > it
>> > lol) i am not very good with computers so you will have to explain it
>> > me
>> > in simple terms lol sorry. I have windows xp home edition 2002. please
>> > any
>> > suggestions would be muchly appreciated, thanks heaps

=?Utf-8?B?Um9ieW4=?=

Re: I am new and i need help
Do you believe, one will get better advice in windows xp newsgroup than here,
all the better responders are here now, and left xp! I upgrading to vista
just to join you all here. Some people are really rude in XP Newsgroups
anymore! I try and help out what I can do.
--

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> No need to be sorry, I just want to be sure you get the best possible advice
> you can get.

> "mummy2chloe" <mummy2chloe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry
> >
> > "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> In the first place, you're in entirely the wrong place. Check the
> >> Communities listings for the Windows XP support newsgroups and head over
> >> there.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
> >> * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
> >> * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
> >> * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
> >> * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Rock

Re: I am new and i need help
"Robyn" <Robyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Do you believe, one will get better advice in windows xp newsgroup than
> here,
> all the better responders are here now, and left xp! I upgrading to vista
> just to join you all here. Some people are really rude in XP Newsgroups
> anymore! I try and help out what I can do.

And where do you get the info that all the better responders are here now
and left xp? The XP newsgroups are still going strong, with most if not all
of the same, quality posters. I spend more time in there than here. It's
best not to be making unqualified and untrue statements.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

=?Utf-8?B?bXVtbXkyY2hsb2U=?=

Re: I am new and i need help
Thank you so much everyone for you help.