Epson R210 Printer

=?Utf-8?B?dmM=?=

Epson R210 Printer
When I install status monitor 3 I get msg " status monitor 3 environment
check" has stopped working and install fails.
Everything else installs fine, help please!

nicholas hall

Re: Epson R210 Printer
The reason this is happening is because the said program is not vista
compatible.

One question for you, "is your printer supported out of the box". If so then
you will not need to install the print monitor as you can check your ink
levels from the main printer dialogue box.

NIK

"vc" <vc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I install status monitor 3 I get msg " status monitor 3 environment
> check" has stopped working and install fails.
> Everything else installs fine, help please!

=?Utf-8?B?dmM=?=

Re: Epson R210 Printer
In the main printer dialogue box the ink levels are greyed out.

"nicholas hall" wrote:

> The reason this is happening is because the said program is not vista
> compatible.
>
> One question for you, "is your printer supported out of the box". If so then
> you will not need to install the print monitor as you can check your ink
> levels from the main printer dialogue box.
>
> NIK
>
> "vc" <vc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I install status monitor 3 I get msg " status monitor 3 environment
> > check" has stopped working and install fails.
> > Everything else installs fine, help please!

nicholas hall

Re: Epson R210 Printer
Is there a button that says "get ink levels"?

If so press it and it should tell you how much ink you have.

> In the main printer dialogue box the ink levels are greyed out.
>
> "nicholas hall" wrote:
>
>> The reason this is happening is because the said program is not vista
>> compatible.
>>
>> One question for you, "is your printer supported out of the box". If so
>> then
>> you will not need to install the print monitor as you can check your ink
>> levels from the main printer dialogue box.
>>
>> NIK
>>
>> "vc" <vc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I install status monitor 3 I get msg " status monitor 3
>> > environment
>> > check" has stopped working and install fails.
>> > Everything else installs fine, help please!

=?Utf-8?B?dmFuaWxsYQ==?=

Re: Epson R210 Printer
I have an Epson R200 printer and when I installed Vista, Vista-compatible
drivers were automatically installed. You are correct that, in the
preferences dialog, you can click on 'Get Ink Levels' and they will pop right
up (they are grayed out until I click on Get Ink Levels.)

I like very much using the Epson Print CD app, and I was able to get it to
install (using the Compatibility Tab in Properties) and have used it.

It would be nice if we could get Vista-compatible versions of the Print
Monitor and Epson Print CD. Changing out the print cartridges is very awkward
just pushing the buttons on top and trying to remember what to do next (g). I
miss my little 'guide' that would show me pictures and tell me what to do
next.

vanilla

"nicholas hall" wrote:

> Is there a button that says "get ink levels"?
>
> If so press it and it should tell you how much ink you have.
>
> NIK
>
> "vc" <vc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In the main printer dialogue box the ink levels are greyed out.
> >
> > "nicholas hall" wrote:
> >
> >> The reason this is happening is because the said program is not vista
> >> compatible.
> >>
> >> One question for you, "is your printer supported out of the box". If so
> >> then
> >> you will not need to install the print monitor as you can check your ink
> >> levels from the main printer dialogue box.
> >>
> >> NIK

=?Utf-8?B?dmM=?=

Re: Epson R210 Printer
There isn't a "get ink levels" button at all.
Will it help if I uninstall all the epson drivers and let vista find my
printer?
Thanks for all the responses so far, much appreciated!!

"vanilla" wrote:

> I have an Epson R200 printer and when I installed Vista, Vista-compatible
> drivers were automatically installed. You are correct that, in the
> preferences dialog, you can click on 'Get Ink Levels' and they will pop right
> up (they are grayed out until I click on Get Ink Levels.)
>
> I like very much using the Epson Print CD app, and I was able to get it to
> install (using the Compatibility Tab in Properties) and have used it.
>
> It would be nice if we could get Vista-compatible versions of the Print
> Monitor and Epson Print CD. Changing out the print cartridges is very awkward
> just pushing the buttons on top and trying to remember what to do next (g). I
> miss my little 'guide' that would show me pictures and tell me what to do
> next.
>
> vanilla
>

> "nicholas hall" wrote:
>
> > Is there a button that says "get ink levels"?
> >
> > If so press it and it should tell you how much ink you have.
> >
> > NIK

Tonyuk2004

Re: Re: Epson R210 Printer
I have been having the same problem with my r200. If you still can’t
find the Get Ink Levels button here’s how I did it.
Open control panel and then open printers.
In mine I had 2 different icons for the R200. One called Epson Stylus
Photo R200 (M) and one called Epson Stylus R200 Series.
The "series" one is my default printer and I can’t check ink levels
on that one, but if I choose the "(M)" one and check the printing
preferences there is a button with Get Ink Levels on it.

However, If I choose this one as the default printer I can’t print
onto cds or dvds. Just use the "(M)" one to check ink levels and
leave the other one as your default.

Hope this helps.

--
Posted at author's request, using fully moderated http://www.WinForumz.com/Hardware-Devices-forum-16.html interface
HDFatBoy2003

Re: Re: Epson R210 Printer
Epson recently release a whole slew od Vista X64 and x86 compatiable printer
drivers (which include ink level notifications). I downloaded the Vista
drivers fromk my R800 just the other day. I see the R200 out there also.

I have no problem running the Print CD application on Vista x64. Installed
without a hitch and I've printed over 50 DVDs so far.

"Tonyuk2004" <none@000.com> wrote in message
news:107231_da7e513330f2888c1bd24744f474a265@winfo rumz.com...
>I have been having the same problem with my r200. If you still can't
> find the Get Ink Levels button here's how I did it.
> Open control panel and then open printers.
> In mine I had 2 different icons for the R200. One called Epson Stylus
> Photo R200 (M) and one called Epson Stylus R200 Series.
> The "series" one is my default printer and I can't check ink levels
> on that one, but if I choose the "(M)" one and check the printing
> preferences there is a button with Get Ink Levels on it.
>
> However, If I choose this one as the default printer I can't print
> onto cds or dvds. Just use the "(M)" one to check ink levels and
> leave the other one as your default.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> "vanilla" wrote:
> > I have an Epson R200 printer and when I installed Vista,
> > Vista-compatible
> > drivers were automatically installed. You are correct that, in
> > the
> > preferences dialog, you can click on 'Get Ink Levels' and they
> > will pop right
> > up (they are grayed out until I click on Get Ink Levels.)
> >
> > I like very much using the Epson Print CD app, and I was able
> > to get it to
> > install (using the Compatibility Tab in Properties) and have
> > used it.
> >
> > It would be nice if we could get Vista-compatible versions of
> > the Print
> > Monitor and Epson Print CD. Changing out the print cartridges
> > is very awkward
> > just pushing the buttons on top and trying to remember what to
> > do next (g). I
> > miss my little 'guide' that would show me pictures and tell me
> > what to do
> > next.
> >
> > vanilla
> >

> > "nicholas hall" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a button that says "get ink levels"?
> > >
> > > If so press it and it should tell you how much ink you have.
> > >
> > > NIK
> > >
> > > "vc" <vc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > out.

> > is not vista

> > the box". If so

> > check your ink

> > monitor 3
> > > >> >

> --
> Posted at author's request, using fully moderated
> http://www.WinForumz.com/Hardware-Devices-forum-16.html interface

=?Utf-8?B?dmM=?=

Re: Re: Epson R210 Printer
Thanks Tonyuk2004, so far your option seems to be the better one as I can now
print to cds and dvds. Thanks again

"Tonyuk2004" wrote:

> I have been having the same problem with my r200. If you still can’t
> find the Get Ink Levels button here’s how I did it.
> Open control panel and then open printers.
> In mine I had 2 different icons for the R200. One called Epson Stylus
> Photo R200 (M) and one called Epson Stylus R200 Series.
> The "series" one is my default printer and I can’t check ink levels
> on that one, but if I choose the "(M)" one and check the printing
> preferences there is a button with Get Ink Levels on it.
>
> However, If I choose this one as the default printer I can’t print
> onto cds or dvds. Just use the "(M)" one to check ink levels and
> leave the other one as your default.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> "vanilla" wrote:
> > I have an Epson R200 printer and when I installed Vista,
> > Vista-compatible
> > drivers were automatically installed. You are correct that, in
> > the
> > preferences dialog, you can click on 'Get Ink Levels' and they
> > will pop right
> > up (they are grayed out until I click on Get Ink Levels.)
> >
> > I like very much using the Epson Print CD app, and I was able
> > to get it to
> > install (using the Compatibility Tab in Properties) and have
> > used it.
> >
> > It would be nice if we could get Vista-compatible versions of
> > the Print
> > Monitor and Epson Print CD. Changing out the print cartridges
> > is very awkward
> > just pushing the buttons on top and trying to remember what to
> > do next (g). I
> > miss my little 'guide' that would show me pictures and tell me
> > what to do
> > next.
> >
> > vanilla
> >

> > "nicholas hall" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a button that says "get ink levels"?
> > >
> > > If so press it and it should tell you how much ink you have.
> > >
> > > NIK
> > >
> > > "vc" <vc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > out.

> > is not vista

> > the box". If so

> > check your ink

> > monitor 3
> > > >> >

> --
> Posted at author's request, using fully moderated http://www.WinForumz.com/Hardware-Devices-forum-16.html interface

DanR

Re: Re: Epson R210 Printer
Has anyone had any luck with this Vista driver for the R220?

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...atform=Windows

It won't install for me on a brand new Vista shipped Dell.