Where are these ReadyBoost Drives i hear so much about?

Charles

Where are these ReadyBoost Drives i hear so much about?
I'm in need of a new Hard Disk for my laptop and so i've been looking for a
new Hybrid Hard Disk- one that supports Vista's new ReadyDrive feature. I
have looked at numerous websites- including some that sell OEM drives and I
can't find any!

Anyone know where/how I can get hold of one for my 1 year old laptop?
Thanks,

Charles, UK, London
Spirit

Re: Where are these ReadyBoost Drives i hear so much about?
http://www.grantgibson.co.uk/misc/readyboost/

http://www.activewin.com/reviews/har...adyboost.shtml

"Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CDFF7AC-AFB5-4E14-91BF-70BC674F67E8@microsoft.com...
> I'm in need of a new Hard Disk for my laptop and so i've been looking for a
> new Hybrid Hard Disk- one that supports Vista's new ReadyDrive feature. I
> have looked at numerous websites- including some that sell OEM drives and I
> can't find any!
>
> Anyone know where/how I can get hold of one for my 1 year old laptop?
> Thanks,
>
> Charles, UK, London

Charles

Re: Where are these ReadyBoost Drives i hear so much about?
I know the subject mentions ReadyBoost but I meant to say 'ReadyDrive'- sorry
easy to get them confused! Thanks anyways.

Still, anyone know where I can get a ReadyDrive Hard Disk from?

"Spirit" wrote:

> http://www.grantgibson.co.uk/misc/readyboost/
>
> http://www.activewin.com/reviews/har...adyboost.shtml
>
> "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CDFF7AC-AFB5-4E14-91BF-70BC674F67E8@microsoft.com...
> > I'm in need of a new Hard Disk for my laptop and so i've been looking for a
> > new Hybrid Hard Disk- one that supports Vista's new ReadyDrive feature. I
> > have looked at numerous websites- including some that sell OEM drives and I
> > can't find any!
> >
> > Anyone know where/how I can get hold of one for my 1 year old laptop?
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Charles, UK, London

PaulB

Re: Where are these ReadyBoost Drives i hear so much about?
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,12...s/article.html
Google "Hybrid Hard Drives"

--
Paul

"Charles" wrote:

> I know the subject mentions ReadyBoost but I meant to say 'ReadyDrive'- sorry
> easy to get them confused! Thanks anyways.
>
> Still, anyone know where I can get a ReadyDrive Hard Disk from?

> "Spirit" wrote:
>
> > http://www.grantgibson.co.uk/misc/readyboost/
> >
> > http://www.activewin.com/reviews/har...adyboost.shtml
> >
> > "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CDFF7AC-AFB5-4E14-91BF-70BC674F67E8@microsoft.com...
> > > I'm in need of a new Hard Disk for my laptop and so i've been looking for a
> > > new Hybrid Hard Disk- one that supports Vista's new ReadyDrive feature. I
> > > have looked at numerous websites- including some that sell OEM drives and I
> > > can't find any!
> > >
> > > Anyone know where/how I can get hold of one for my 1 year old laptop?
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Charles, UK, London

JW

Re: Where are these ReadyBoost Drives i hear so much about?
AFAIK any Hybrid HDD will support ReadyDisk on Vista. You can Google on

Vista Ready Drive

and get links to available documentation.
If you also Google on

laptop hybrid drive

you will find that you may not be to replace an HDD in an existing laptop
with Hybrid model

"Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm in need of a new Hard Disk for my laptop and so i've been looking for
> new Hybrid Hard Disk- one that supports Vista's new ReadyDrive feature. I
> have looked at numerous websites- including some that sell OEM drives and
> can't find any!
>
> Anyone know where/how I can get hold of one for my 1 year old laptop?
> Thanks,
>
> Charles, UK, London

Charles

Re: Where are these ReadyBoost Drives i hear so much about?
Thanks, I've looked at the links and done Google searches which only show
information about the Drives and no links where to buy them.

I guess you can't get buy Hybrid Hard Disks for laptops yet. Shame!

Anyone have any ideas when they'll release them to the public to buy for
their current laptops?

"JW" wrote:

> AFAIK any Hybrid HDD will support ReadyDisk on Vista. You can Google on
>
> Vista Ready Drive
>
> and get links to available documentation.
> If you also Google on
>
> laptop hybrid drive
>
> you will find that you may not be to replace an HDD in an existing laptop
> with Hybrid model
>
> "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm in need of a new Hard Disk for my laptop and so i've been looking for
> > new Hybrid Hard Disk- one that supports Vista's new ReadyDrive feature. I
> > have looked at numerous websites- including some that sell OEM drives and
> > can't find any!
> >
> > Anyone know where/how I can get hold of one for my 1 year old laptop?
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Charles, UK, London

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Where are these ReadyBoost Drives i hear so much about?
Lenovo Employees Claim Hybrid HDDs Are a Bust, For Now
http://www.dailytech.com/Lenovo+Empl...rticle5570.htm

My suggestion:

Seagate Momentus 5400.3 ST980815A 80GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache ATA-6 Notebook Hard Drive - OEM

- Perpendicular Recording Technology
- Fast performance
- Whisper-quiet acoustics
- Superb reliability