Printer Driver for Dell A10 962 All-in-one

=?Utf-8?B?bWFydGluZXpsbA==?=

Printer Driver for Dell A10 962 All-in-one
I know that Dell will eventually have a driver for my printer (April they
say). In the interim any temporary solutions like a generic printer driver
that can be used. This is a sorry state of affairs since I have never faced
this kind of problem with past versions of Windows. Thanks in advance
Jonathan Yaniv

Re: Printer Driver for Dell A10 962 All-in-one
Sorry,

But, I don’t think there is any other solution, other than using another
printer.

--

Have a nice day,

Jonathan Yaniv
Microsoft Windows Live™ Butterfly Expert

Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/

"martinezll" <martinezll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know that Dell will eventually have a driver for my printer (April they
> say). In the interim any temporary solutions like a generic printer
> driver
> that can be used. This is a sorry state of affairs since I have never
> faced
> this kind of problem with past versions of Windows. Thanks in advance

Vulgrin

Re: Printer Driver for Dell A10 962 All-in-one
I'm in the same boat with you man, I was shocked to find out that
drivers weren't ready yet for a printer that I've had for two years,
on an O/S that has been in beta for over a year. And to have to wait
until April is just plain unacceptable - Dell should be ashamed of
themselves. When this printer dies, the replacement certainly won't
be a Dell.

jtreshan

Re: Printer Driver for Dell A10 962 All-in-one

From what I could glean from searching the Internet and the Dell home
page, there is a solution to the problem of trying to use a Dell printer
with a computer using Vista, but Dell is not going out of their way to
furnish the required software to everyone who bought a Dell printer.
Anyway, you can visit the Dell site (the technical support area), search
for your Dell printer, and gain access to the files you need to fix the
problem. Essentially what you do is to use one program to uninstall all
the Dell software from your computer (also physically disconnect the
printer and remove it from the hardware manager if it's still shown
there). Then, with a clean system, use the driver file from the Dell
website to load the proper Vista driver for your printer (make sure the
driver file you download agrees with your version of Vista (32 or 64
bit). I downloaded three files for a Dell 962, for a friend of mine
whose printer is having all kinds of problems. Supposed to fix it later
today, so I don't have all the details; however, the first file I will
run takes off the Dell software and also includes a patch of some kind.
Then there is a driver file, and finally another application, which I
assume is the rest of the software needed to manage that printer (tools,
etc.)

--
jtreshan