Vista does not recognize dvd burner in DVD maker or media center?

=?Utf-8?B?YXZkb2c=?=

Vista does not recognize dvd burner in DVD maker or media center?
I have an asus DRW 1612BL Drive: I see other people are having the same
problem but cannot find a answer anyware?
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Vista does not recognize dvd burner in DVD maker or media center?
Double check and reseat all connections.
Verify the jumper settings are correct on all devices on the same channel as
DVD drive.
What does ASUS say about Vista compatibility?

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"avdog" wrote:

> I have an asus DRW 1612BL Drive: I see other people are having the same
> problem but cannot find a answer anyware?

=?Utf-8?B?YXZkb2c=?=

Re: Vista does not recognize dvd burner in DVD maker or media cent
The burner works with other software just not vista programs?

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Double check and reseat all connections.
> Verify the jumper settings are correct on all devices on the same channel as
> DVD drive.
> What does ASUS say about Vista compatibility?
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "avdog" <avdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have an asus DRW 1612BL Drive: I see other people are having the same
> > problem but cannot find a answer anyware?

Clark

Re: Vista does not recognize dvd burner in DVD maker or media center?
What does device manager show for the drive. I had 2 drives that
disappeared one day. The device manager showed a yellow (gold) circle next
to them. They worked fine in XP, so it had to be something with the Vista
install. It turned out the Upper Filter Lower Filter fix solved the problem
and the drives were visible again. Some other piece of software must have
put those entries in the registry.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/en-us

Clark

"avdog" <avdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an asus DRW 1612BL Drive: I see other people are having the same
> problem but cannot find a answer anyware?

=?Utf-8?B?YXZkb2c=?=

Re: Vista does not recognize dvd burner in DVD maker or media cent
everything is fine in the device manager no errors. Drives work with Nero
and other programs just Vista does not work???????????????

"Clark" wrote:

> What does device manager show for the drive. I had 2 drives that
> disappeared one day. The device manager showed a yellow (gold) circle next
> to them. They worked fine in XP, so it had to be something with the Vista
> install. It turned out the Upper Filter Lower Filter fix solved the problem
> and the drives were visible again. Some other piece of software must have
> put those entries in the registry.

> Clark
>

> "avdog" <avdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have an asus DRW 1612BL Drive: I see other people are having the same
> > problem but cannot find a answer anyware?

John Pasley

Re: Vista does not recognize dvd burner in DVD maker or media cent
I'm having the same issue will all 3 of my burners. 2 are Plextors and 1 is
an NEC/Sony. Ashampoo works as advertised but burning within Vista does not.
I'm always told my blank media needs formatting but can't be formatted.

> everything is fine in the device manager no errors. Drives work with Nero
> and other programs just Vista does not work???????????????
>
> "Clark" wrote:
>
>> What does device manager show for the drive. I had 2 drives that
>> disappeared one day. The device manager showed a yellow (gold) circle
>> next
>> to them. They worked fine in XP, so it had to be something with the
>> Vista
>> install. It turned out the Upper Filter Lower Filter fix solved the
>> problem
>> and the drives were visible again. Some other piece of software must
>> have
>> put those entries in the registry.

>> Clark
>>

>> "avdog" <avdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have an asus DRW 1612BL Drive: I see other people are having the same
>> > problem but cannot find a answer anyware?

Lomax

Re: Vista does not recognize dvd burner in DVD maker or media center?

The problem is with the driver for the JMicro IDE controller.

Out of the box, Vista uses a standard microsoft driver for the JM36x
IDE controller and all works fine. A few weeks ago, JMicro released a
driver that came through auto updates - this driver is screwy and
causes your dvd burner to no longer be seen as a burner by windows.

Go to Device Manager, and look at the properties for your JM36x IDE
controller. You need to roll this back to the generic microsoft one.
You should be able to click "Rollback Driver" on the properties screen.

--
Lomax
Lomax's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=24128

http://forums.techarena.in