running cds

Ray

running cds
every month recive a CD on my photoshop magazine, with tutorials for doing
digital photos, on xp pro i have never had a problem runnig them, but on
Vista, once i try to run the tutorial, i get sound but no picture, please
help me
Richard Urban

Re: running cds
What does Adobe recommend that you install on your computer to view these
videos? This "must" be addressed somewhere on the Adobe web site. You likely
need the recommended codes to view the video.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> every month recive a CD on my photoshop magazine, with tutorials for
> doing
> digital photos, on xp pro i have never had a problem runnig them, but on
> Vista, once i try to run the tutorial, i get sound but no picture, please
> help me

Ray

Re: running cds
I will check this out ..hope it works thank you for your help

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> What does Adobe recommend that you install on your computer to view these
> videos? This "must" be addressed somewhere on the Adobe web site. You likely
> need the recommended codes to view the video.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > every month recive a CD on my photoshop magazine, with tutorials for
> > doing
> > digital photos, on xp pro i have never had a problem runnig them, but on
> > Vista, once i try to run the tutorial, i get sound but no picture, please
> > help me

Richard Urban

Re: running cds
It may also be that you need a dedicated player, such as QuickTime to view
the videos.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsB3D7A10-890C-411B-A857-614C261C82FF@microsoft.com...
>I will check this out ..hope it works thank you for your help
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> What does Adobe recommend that you install on your computer to view these
>> videos? This "must" be addressed somewhere on the Adobe web site. You
>> likely
>> need the recommended codes to view the video.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > every month recive a CD on my photoshop magazine, with tutorials for
>> > doing
>> > digital photos, on xp pro i have never had a problem runnig them, but
>> > on
>> > Vista, once i try to run the tutorial, i get sound but no picture,
>> > please
>> > help me

Yukon Jack

Re: running cds
"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> every month recive a CD on my photoshop magazine, with tutorials for
> doing
> digital photos, on xp pro i have never had a problem runnig them, but on
> Vista, once i try to run the tutorial, i get sound but no picture, please
> help me

What is the extension of the video files? Get VLC as it can play pretty much
anything. You will have to associate VLC with the video type though so you
don't have to direct it to the cd every time you want to view it.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/